2019 NFL Draft Day 3 Thread (NO SPOILERS!)

packfanfb

Twitter thought: Mike Smith was key in the development of Justin Houston, Dee Ford, and Chris Jones. (If you don’t believe me, ask them) He’s got a brand new toy to tinker with in Gary. Smith’s role in the drafting of Gary shouldn’t be undervalued.

4 minutes ago, Joe said:

Felt that way yesterday...wish we'd've traded down from 44...

Yes!!!

That was ideal. Jenkins is a plug and play, fix this line NOW pick. Gute said he had no good offers. Oh well. I'm happy.......just greedy.

We still have a better draft and FA than all our division combined. What the hay are they even thinking.

Just now, Packerraymond said:

I'm the opposite, my guys I hoped fell all went, much rather have Savage.

I kinda feel that way too. After we drafted Jenkins at 44 and knowing for sure that we were going to draft Jace Sternberger at 75, I felt slightly comfortable not having a 4th.

Gents at this point in the draft what separates a 4 th vs 6 th is mere perception. Yes we have drafted well in the 4 th in the past but we drafted well early this year and last year. Only so many jobs up for grabs. I was thinking all along this could be a draft for quality vs quantity. We aren’t the Seahawks or raiders who have zero depth. We have good depth at most positions and just need a few more depth pieces but really our draft is complete and we got what we really wanted. Until Gute pulls a 2015 draft I will trust. 

2 minutes ago, JaireAlex said:

Yes!!!

That was ideal. Jenkins is a plug and play, fix this line NOW pick. Gute said he had no good offers. Oh well. I'm happy.......just greedy.

We still have a better draft and FA than all our division combined. What the hay are they even thinking.

Agreed. As I alluded to in my last post, we're just BPA'ing it at this point. We COULD use a slot WR, but we don't need one. We COULD use another TE, but they're not taking snaps from the Sternberger, Tonyan, Graham, and Lewis. We COULD use another ILB, but we could easily get one with one of our last 4 picks.

It wouldn't surprise me to go David Edwards at 150, Jeff Smith and TJ Edwards in the 6th, and then take a flyer on someone in the 7th.

1 minute ago, JaireAlex said:

Yes!!!

I've always wondered how many offers you get and give for a pick like that. Do you think he got a few lowball offers?

Archived