2019 NFL Draft Day 3 Thread (NO SPOILERS!)

packfanfb

1 minute ago, squire12 said:

RB:  Dexter WIlliams, Ozigbo, Rodney Anderson, Ty Johnson, Mike Weber

OL:  Brian Fineanganofo, Ryan Bates, CJ Toogood, Drew Forbes

CB:  Ballentine, Hollman, Lewis Jr, Boyd, Webster

WR:  MOrgan, Hall, 

If he's Toogood why is he still on the board?

2 minutes ago, PackGymRat said:

What are you talking about, Packers took the 2nd best safety on the board raiders a few picks later took the 1st best safety on the board.

Packers selected 2nd RD before the next safety (3rd best) was taken.

So what am I missing here?

The difference between a Strong Safety and a Free Safety 

Just now, beekay414 said:

It was pretty clear that Savage was the best SAF on the board. Abram is an in the box safety and didn't fit with Amos so that's moot. 

The next safety went 39 picks after Savage. That's not comparable lmao.

Yeah, as much enamored as I was with CGJ and Adderley, the Ravens and Colts (I think) traded back as soon as we jumped on Savage. The truth reality is that it seems a few team had him as the top safety and the 3rd one going so late only solidifies that.

4 minutes ago, PackGymRat said:

What are you talking about, Packers took the 2nd best safety on the board raiders a few picks later took the 1st best safety on the board.

Packers selected 2nd RD before the next safety (3rd best) was taken.

So what am I missing here? Packers would still have had top 3 safety if they just waited (either 1 or 2).

Do you understand the concept, we liked the guy, we went and got him. It really is that simple. If the Packers had wanted any one of the 5 FS guys available, they would have waited to see if they dropped to them and if they started to go off the board THEN they move up. They didn't do that, which tells you everything.

8 minutes ago, pgwingman said:

I wonder if MLF is trying to adopt the Patriots model. Build a really good defense and Oline. Let your QB maximize the the production from average athletes at skill positions

Our young receivers are anything but average athletes.

Moore has ELITE change of direction skills. Like top 5 cone AND shuttle by a WR in the last decade at the combine.

MVS has sub 4.4 speed.

EQ has a 9.85 RAS.

Gone are the days of not being athletic enough under Gute. 

Archived