2019 NFL Draft Day 3 Thread (NO SPOILERS!)

packfanfb

3 minutes ago, PackGymRat said:

But it seems like Pats always get decent talent through the draft and bargain FA bin.

Most of that is coaching and "the GM is the head coach, and thus picks exactly who he wants."  Hoodie is an order of magnitude or more better than your average NFL HC.

3 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Look at this draft and tell me who we should have taken.  And remember that with the hindsight, we don't get Greg Jennings in the second round.  We probably don't get Darryn Colledge either, who played a lot of good football for the Packers.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/fulldraft?season=2006&round=round1#round1

Vernon Davis?

1 minute ago, PossibleCabbage said:

Most of that is coaching and "the GM is the head coach, and thus picks exactly who he wants."  Hoodie is an order of magnitude or more better than your average NFL HC.

Tough job to handle. Packers gave Sherman the same privileage (GM + HC) and that became a mistake since he couldn’t handle properly it.

Not even sure why Hawk is being discussed.  I remember some fans didn't love spending the pick on a "non-premium" position, but Davis was in that same boat.  Hawk may not have developed into the high impact player fans wanted him to be, but he was the player most fans wanted GB to select at the time.

10 minutes ago, PackGymRat said:

Who from the 2nd half TT’s career drafting is still on the team still?

Packers had bad selections, now while we can blame TT 100% for the failures, at the end of the day his info came from the scouts.

So we have to see how Brian does moving forward, to early to judge. But it seems like Pats always get decent talent through the draft and bargain FA bin.

I'm… I'm pretty confused at how we got here in the discussion..You got me at a loss for words with the jump in topics here bud. I don't know how this relates to the Hawk pick. Can we just both pretend this post doesn't exist from here until forever? I'm going to.

Archived