2020 NCAA/Draft Prospect Thread

TheRealMcCoy

47 minutes ago, Folesadelphia said:

I agree that they don't seem to call OPI very often. I also probably do need to do a more in-depth look at him for sure but I was just pointing out a few of my concerns. 

You’re good, yeah off a quick glance of the  tape I get those concerns.

But pretty much all these guys have that one thing that could be the reason the my fail, that thing that was a warning sign that we chose to ignore. Even the top 3 guys have it. Jeudy not being strong and having a slightly more laid back persona could lead to him being bullied / Lamb has questions about his long speed and just how athletic he is / Ruggs didn’t really produce and isn’t like a pure talent in the catching part of things. They all have a ton of positives and upsides, but can see where they could fail for sure.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

I wouldn't be mad about taking him, but I wouldn't love it. I'd be fine with it. Taking Jefferson would require an outside WR to be taken at 53 or 103. That's where I'm at with Jefferson.

I think right now Jefferson and Shenault are best for us as a safety "we goofed" blanket if we trade back too far.
Shenault is way more risk/reward and Jefferson is can be a solid #2 (low ceiling/high floor kinda guy).

If we trade back though I think it's most likely because of a falling tackle or Love is there.
Which that market is primarily Pats (#23), Saints (#24) and Miami (#26). 

I'm willing to bet no less then 6WR go in the 1st. So if You identify 4-5 you want, better get them if on the board at #21 IMO. This picking up extra picks, trading back, trading back is all good and all until you wind up having to settle on Jordan Matthews because you over played your hand trading back for Marcus Smith.

If those 4-5  Jeudy, Lamb, Ruggs, Mims (only 4 I'd take)., Shenault, Reagor, ect? are gone at 21, go BPA or then trade back.

9 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I mean they tried to use Agholor on sweeps and reverses and creative plays at times but he is a turd so they never worked. I think Doug would use the heck outta Shenault. 

Assuming we don't get the top 3, if they traded back a few spots and got Reagor and then used the pick they traded back with to trade back up in the 2nd to get Shenault I wouldn't be able to stand up for a week I'd be so turned on. lol 

This is the reason I want to trade for Samuel he can be used on those plays agholor wasnt good at. 

I could see 4 WRs picked before 21 without any trade ups. I could see Howie getting scared that his guy won’t be there and trading up to secure him. 

The biggest questions are trading up for who and how will they be used in the system?

Edited by nlesthought

38 minutes ago, nlesthought said:

I could see 4 WRs picked before 21 without any trade ups. I could see Howie getting scared that his guy won’t be there and trading up to secure him. 

The biggest questions are trading up for who and how will they be used in the system?

i think the team will try to go get ruggs and they will have him run fast. 

Edited by ninjapirate
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, nlesthought said:

So the same thing as Djax? So we’re going from a dink and dunk offense to a vertical offense? 

Go back and watch 2017 games and tell me Doug wants a dink and dunk offense. That is what we got the last 2 years because the first order of business of our deep threats was get hurt 

2 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Go back and watch 2017 games and tell me Doug wants a dink and dunk offense. That is what we got the last 2 years because the first order of business of our deep threats was get hurt 

I was gonna say that we didnt even have one in 2018 but then i remembered oh yeah mike wallace but the first thing he did was get hurt. 

2 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

So you’re talking about the 13 games Carson played out of his mind? And that’s the norm? 
2017 Agholor played out of his mind, the deep threat Torrey Smith caught 2 TDs. 

if that’s the case the drafting/team management philosophy doesn’t mesh with that. We had many opportunities to bring in a speed/deep threat guy. 

On 3/27/2020 at 10:30 AM, nlesthought said:

That's ridiculous Tyler Johnson is a route runner who may not be a blazer but he gets open. I'm thinking 4.55

Ceiling - Keenan Allen 

floor - Quincy Enunwa

you're really overrating the dude.