Lets Discuss All Things Wrestling - Even The T-Shirt Company AEW!

steelcurtain29

1 minute ago, Texansfan713 said:

i actually like the angle.  sure its a nexus rehash but nevertheless its been better than what wwe has done recently. add to the fact heyman is alligning himself with reigns.  i havent been this tuned in to wwe like this in a long time. 

it was dead in the water for me as soon as they tweeted they were debuting and michael cole screaming IS THAT RETRIBUTION???

13 hours ago, Texansfan713 said:

if i was a writer i would have it where retribution helps reigns win the title. 

Id have them attack some decent, actual man sized good guy. Then that man sized good guy would destroy them all. Toss them in a dumpster like Sting did Seth, and send them off in a garbage truck to never be seen again. While my good guy gets a nice push.

• Like 1

On 8/30/2020 at 8:12 AM, Deadpulse said:

RETRIBUTION has already failed. They let the mystery linger too long and whoever it is will just be a let down. They shouldve revealed them much quicker. 

Reality is that they're suffering heavily from oversaturation of stuff.  Retribution or RAW Underground could have worked individually; both together is too much of a smodge - especially since several of the same developmental folks are being used for both, whether or not they end up being involved with both in the long run.  And the odd thing is, I don't feel like there's a long-term plan for either (despite the fact that they seem to actually be hitting on long-term planning well right now with a lot of other stuffs) and that it's just a pull-gimmick in both cases.

All Out thoughts 

* The Bucks are toast imo . They lost their edginess and aren’t believable as ‘aggressive’ wrestlers . 

* I don’t like the layout of the battle royale. Entrances are a huge part of the fun. Kinda forgettable match. 

* Archer is too hokey. He’s goofy and weird. He needs to be darker and violent.

*  Shida and Thunder Rosa has a great match. Ending a bit flat, but very good match.

* I hated FTR vs Kenny and Page. The match had no flow, and made an already confusing story even more confusing . Hangman tried to leave The Elite and had issues with Kenny long before FTR and now he has second thoughts? And why is Kenny mad at Page? Making Page, who was the hottest in the company look like a geek is a terrible idea. 

* I thought Brodie Lee’s work was great last night. It is a very intriguing character. I really like the DO being submissive to him. I don’t get Cabana ( I never have) but I am a fan of DO. 

* Jericho vs Cassidy was a great match . Perfect length and pace, with a lot of action . Overall, I really enjoyed the feud. Had some misses, but did what it had to do. Made Orange legit. He was fantastic. Jericho deserves a lot of credit.

* Fantastic main event . Mox constantly delivers high quality matches.  MJF’s stock continues to rise. His in-ring is incredible and only getting better. He proved his ‘toughness’ tonight , going toe to toe with Mox , taking a ton of punishment . The next time he challenges for the belt, he’ll be viewed as legitimate. Perfect scripted ending too. Gives MJF something to harp on. 

The thing about AEW is it’s always solid. I don’t love or even like everything, but I don’t think it’s ever a waste of time. For years I would watch WWE and get upset at how insulting and what a waste it was. Even if I didn’t care for Dynamite or whatever, I never feel cheated.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/16/2020 at 10:01 PM, Troy Brown said:

The parking lot brawl was brilliant. Jesus. 

It was a solid match.

Kaz Page should have been more. Those guys are too good for what they put on. Not meaning it was a bad match cause the finish was very good. But it lacked any hint of storytelling. They flipped back and forth every 30 seconds on who was on offense. Like they were out there doing moves to each other just to do them. Neither had the clear upper hand at any point the entire match.

Looking forward to the 6 man next week. Though the announcement of Darby take some of the wind out of the sails for me.

16 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

It was a solid match.

Kaz Page should have been more. Those guys are too good for what they put on. Not meaning it was a bad match cause the finish was very good. But it lacked any hint of storytelling. They flipped back and forth every 30 seconds on who was on offense. Like they were out there doing moves to each other just to do them. Neither had the clear upper hand at any point the entire match.

Looking forward to the 6 man next week. Though the announcement of Darby take some of the wind out of the sails for me.

Not that I know how to rate any matches but Meltzer had it at 5 stars and the best of it's kind. 

Doesn't hurt that I love Santana/Ortiz and Best Friends. Probably my two favorite tag teams. I think they mirror each other, Trent and Santana could be money singles guys. But also, it's probably true that they have value in tag teams just as much as they do as singles, I'm programmed to believe tag teams are meaningless, thanks WWE

1 hour ago, Troy Brown said:

Not that I know how to rate any matches but Meltzer had it at 5 stars and the best of it's kind. 

Doesn't hurt that I love Santana/Ortiz and Best Friends. Probably my two favorite tag teams. I think they mirror each other, Trent and Santana could be money singles guys. But also, it's probably true that they have value in tag teams just as much as they do as singles, I'm programmed to believe tag teams are meaningless, thanks WWE

According to official Meltzer stats. Balding Buck has more 4+ star matches than any wrestler in history. Not Angle, Flair, Steamboat, HBK, Okada or any of those guys. Nick Jackson is king of the hill.

That tells me all I need to know about Dave.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

According to official Meltzer stats. Balding Buck has more 4+ star matches than any wrestler in history. Not Angle, Flair, Steamboat, HBK, Okada or any of those guys. Nick Jackson is king of the hill.

That tells me all I need to know about Dave.

It was certainly more than "solid" lol