Lets Discuss All Things Wrestling - Even The T-Shirt Company AEW!

steelcurtain29

with eddie kingston... hoping the wink was because he's gonna screw Lucha Bros & B&B. some kind of scenario where he helps LAX with a number #1 contender match or even the straps maybe, later down the line once Omega & Page drop them to someone else like the Revival. start a little LAX feud with Jericho, Guevara & Hager. can bring Diamante & Ivelisse into the faction asap as well. 

also kinda hoping for what they been teasing with cowboy and the revival. have revival win the #1 contender next week. revival v. page/omega @ all out. page screws omega and helps the revival get them. joins the tully blanchard stable along with spears and revival. omega loses his **** and we see the further evolution of his cleaner gimmick returning. 

3 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

you a kingston mark or something?

i've never known what a mark is, but probably. him and mance warner, mjf and page are probably the guys i'm a mark of, if i'm using that term correctly. 

but it wasn't my favorite just because of that. it was a great segment/match, but the whole thing was a 5 star episode imo. 

Edited by FinneasGage

Easily the best wwe show since the Rumble.  Everything logical, made sense. God story telling.  Rollins made Dom looks like a millions bucks.  Shame the table spot in the the main event messed up Wyatt pretty bad it appeared but a solid surprise return and Keith Lee and black being majors points of raw will actually have me tune in for the first time in a while 

2 hours ago, FinneasGage said:

i've never known what a mark is, but probably. him and mance warner, mjf and page are probably the guys i'm a mark of, if i'm using that term correctly. 

but it wasn't my favorite just because of that. it was a great segment/match, but the whole thing was a 5 star episode imo. 

The term can also be applied to a fan who idolizes a particular wrestler, promotion, or style of wrestling to a point some might consider excessive.

6 hours ago, Troy Brown said:

Yeah, I also didn't really understand the dynamic given that Adam Cole is the prototypical heel but I also don't watch NXT so I'm sure it was explained. The dive to the outside and his general endurance was the most impressive stuff to me. Jericho prolly couldn't even wrestle a match that long 

On another note.... so... Roman gets new creepy teeth and he's a heel now?

I see some sense in using McAfee as a gimmick to organically flip Cole and the UE babyface (since crowds have been, at worst, split if not outright popping huge for them since the TakeOver War Games I went to in 2018), particularly as they (SPOILER ALERT) have strapped the rocket on Karrion Kross as the uber-heel champion... if it was a one-off or they only bring McAfee around a couple times a year - since I don't think he's going to be reporting to regular sessions at the PC anytime soon.  With Keith Lee getting promoted, Riddle having recently been promoted, Dream working the agressive-tweener gimmick now on his return, outside of Bronson Reed (who - if we're being realistic - isn't ready for top babyface status yet), they need marquee babyfaces, particularly as we roll into the fall because you know that Covid or no Covid they're still going to run with this three-branded Survivor Series concept again, after it was such a hit last year - and even though just about every notable name from NXT on last year's SS PPV is now on a RAW and SD roster (awwwwkward...).

Hunter appears intent on molding Cole into another Shawn (the "Vince-type" commentary, i.e. the suggestion-stuff, makes it clear).  And Hunter also gets that the biggest impetus to Cole making it outside of NXT (i.e. main roster) is going to be his size.  His size is a huge impetus in getting over as a heel - because even when you're as skilled a worker and talker as Cole is, if you're the heel that's dwarfed by the babyfaces and need you heavy to win consistently, you run the risk of ending up in Miz territory (which, yes, Miz... great heel, but in the grand scheme of things, he's a mid-card heel, not a main event heel without someone doing his heavy-lifting for him).  It's perfectly acceptable for the babyface to be on the smallish side though, especially if you're trying to follow the Shawn Michaels blueprint, because Shawn was damn near the prototype (I'd make a case for Ricky Morton before Shawn broke out, but I digress).  Once he's over as a babyface, yes, you can flip him heel and have him do the "sold out" angle, etc, but if he's going to get over on the main roster with the fans that aren't regularly watching NXT, it's going to have to be as a babyface first (and he'll get the face pops when he does come up from the folks who are watching NXT, because he's Adam freakin' Cole) because of his size.

As far as Roman, I don't think he's full-blown heel.  I think this is people jumping the gun hopefully again.  This is more Vince seeing what work organically to get Drew over going from, roughly, Survivor Series through WrestleMania and trying to recreate that with Roman (as it's not-so-arguably how Roman should have been booked on his build to becoming "the guy" in his previous feuds with Brock, even back to when they first dissolved the Shield).  This is more aggressive, anti-hero Roman as opposed to heel/villain Roman and it can work if they actually give Roman some leash and Vince/Bruce can keep from having to script everything out with hamfists.  It's the perfect time to do it because Roman's not going to be doing any Wish-granting for the foreseeable future, because Make-a-Wish isn't going to be doing anything as far as "live and in person" for, realistically, 6-9 months for proliferation of a vaccine after the vaccine is even actually manufactured and released to the public.  Worrying about Roman as the "kid-friendly" face of the company isn't necessary right now.  What they need to do (but I'm confident they won't) if they really want to help this evolution in character for Roman to take is to ditch the "Big Dog" moniker, because Cole shouting it incessantly (again, for the "Vince-fed" lines) is an impetus.  Rebrand him as something like The Juggernaut, if they absolutely feel like he has to have a nickname (which Vince does... and Bruce Prichard does...).

35 minutes ago, The LBC said:

I see some sense in using McAfee as a gimmick to organically flip Cole and the UE babyface (since crowds have been, at worst, split if not outright popping huge for them since the TakeOver War Games I went to in 2018), particularly as they (SPOILER ALERT) have strapped the rocket on Karrion Kross as the uber-heel champion... if it was a one-off or they only bring McAfee around a couple times a year - since I don't think he's going to be reporting to regular sessions at the PC anytime soon.  With Keith Lee getting promoted, Riddle having recently been promoted, Dream working the agressive-tweener gimmick now on his return, outside of Bronson Reed (who - if we're being realistic - isn't ready for top babyface status yet), they need marquee babyfaces, particularly as we roll into the fall because you know that Covid or no Covid they're still going to run with this three-branded Survivor Series concept again, after it was such a hit last year - and even though just about every notable name from NXT on last year's SS PPV is now on a RAW and SD roster (awwwwkward...).

With Ciampa coming back I imagine he will be their main face. Finn will be the psuedo face. If health persists, I would say Ciampa, Finn, Priest, Dominik Dijakovic, and Reed would be the SS five. 

On 8/23/2020 at 2:22 PM, Troy Brown said:

I am undecided regarding how I feel about this. Just a couple weeks ago, you had this man selling for Nick Jackson. Idk, it's interesting. I'll give it time to breathe and see where they take it. I do love Lee though so I am for it

What’s wrong with selling for Nick? I think they’re giving Lee trash to work with but he’s making it work.

20 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

I dont like the decision to bring him back

Not many do. But ratings are tanking. With MNF arriving soon.

I know Mr Troy Brown hates my post like this. But 60+% of viewers have been 50 or over. Raws down steady in the 1.6-1.7mil range. There are more people from age 50 to 54 that watch. Than there are from ages 12-25. Its all the under 50 that are vanishing with a fury. They need all hands on deck. Stories that could involve Roman included with bringing up Lee.

2 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

With Ciampa coming back I imagine he will be their main face. Finn will be the psuedo face. If health persists, I would say Ciampa, Finn, Priest, Dominik Dijakovic, and Reed would be the SS five. 

Issue is that, by most accounts, Ciampa and Dijakovic are part of Retribution.

Savvy booking - which Hunter is capable of, but for something like Survivor Series, it would have to get Vince's rubber stamp which I'm not sure this would - I'd make a point of Finn (grittier "Prince" Finn, not "Extraordinary Man Who Can Do Extraordinary Things" Finn) actively lobbying (if not flat out telling Regal) to be the one to lead NXT against the main roster to prove a damn point.

6 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

"Mark" refers back to wrestling's carnival early days, where carnies would legit mark (unnoticed with chalk on the clothing) carnival-goers who were observed to have a lot of money that could be suckered out of their money via the games that had an heavy house-edge (you could basically call them "rigged").

I posted a playlist of videos a way's back where Al Snow is legit lecturing a training seminar class in Montreal about the terminology.  I'm removing the link because of that NSFW language Al uses being counter to site rules, but it's a HannibalTV video.  Just search YouTube for "Al Snow What is a Mark" and it will come up.

17 minutes ago, The LBC said:

Issue is that, by most accounts, Ciampa and Dijakovic are part of Retribution.

Savvy booking - which Hunter is capable of, but for something like Survivor Series, it would have to get Vince's rubber stamp which I'm not sure this would - I'd make a point of Finn (grittier "Prince" Finn, not "Extraordinary Man Who Can Do Extraordinary Things" Finn) actively lobbying (if not flat out telling Regal) to be the one to lead NXT against the main roster to prove a damn point.

havent they already announced Ciampa's return to nxt?

answered my own questions

https://www.wwe.com/shows/wwenxt/2020-08-26/article/tommaso-ciampa-set-to-return-to-nxt