Lets Discuss All Things Wrestling - Even The T-Shirt Company AEW!

steelcurtain29

Just now, sdrawkcab321 said:

Jericho is 50. Take him off the roster and do you think they’ll maintain their ratings? I’m not sure about that. Just seems like the mistakes early WCW made. 

Now? Yes. Jericho hasn't been prominently featured in a major program since Stadium Stampede. Don't think OC/Jericho was doing wild ratings. 

4 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Jericho is 50. Take him off the roster and do you think they’ll maintain their ratings? I’m not sure about that. Just seems like the mistakes early WCW made. 

Except AEW isn't giving out contracts that give the wrestlers pretty much unlimited freedom to do what they want like they did with Hall, Nash and Hogan.  Tony Kahn is not Bischoff or Dixie Carter, this guy has a brain and won't be dragged down by Hulk Hogan lol

7 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Except AEW isn't giving out contracts that give the wrestlers pretty much unlimited freedom to do what they want like they did with Hall, Nash and Hogan.  Tony Kahn is not Bischoff or Dixie Carter, this guy has a brain and won't be dragged down by Hulk Hogan lol

That’s the hope. I don’t think it’ll ever get to that level. But it’s just concerning knowing the history of wrestling when an up and coming company brings in a lot of older legends. It’s not good for the long term. Gotta hope they can develop their own stars and get to a point where they don’t need any legend assistant on TV. 

1 minute ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

That’s the hope. I don’t think it’ll ever get to that level. But it’s just concerning knowing the history of wrestling when an up and coming company brings in a lot of older legends. It’s not good for the long term. Gotta hope they can develop their own stars and get to a point where they don’t need any legend assistant on TV. 

None of them are wrestling. They're managers/secondary characters. Sting is a presence like no other, though. 

Jake Roberts brought instant promo credibility to Lance Archer, everyone loved it. Taz is killing any segment he's featured in. Vickie is whatever. Arn has been good. Tully has been a blessing. The Raven exalted one tease was awesome. JR does suck. Schiavone is awesome. No one knows wtf Sting is gonna do but they just hyped the **** out of this show unlike anything they've ever done and absolutely delivered with the Sting debut. 

I'm with @Rainmaker90, it ain't always perfect or pretty or even very good but it's energizing the industry 

2 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I am by no means a wrestling historian, but it seems like a lot of wrestling promotions mistakes are continuously repeated due to wrestling culture. That and crook promoters. And I  just think Kahn being an outsider and a wrestling historian himself knows of the mistakes of wrestlings past. 

I am really not too worried about them being able to make tars. Hangman (much bigger now), Cassidy, Darby, Jungleboy, MJF are already stars and they have talent awaiting. Wardlow and The Acclaimed are three guys that are going to be huge. 

AEW just needs time. Time for people to get used to Weds night, a new promotion etc. I don't think they are making any ridiculous mistakes that will hurt them long term. 

2 hours ago, Rainmaker90 said:

No. Hes being dragged down by total jokes like the Young Bucks. Who have creative control over the tag division. And Omega with the Womens.

If anything. Arn Anderson should be running the tag division.

20 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

No. Hes being dragged down by total jokes like the Young Bucks. Who have creative control over the tag division. And Omega with the Womens.

If anything. Arn Anderson should be running the tag division.

I agree, I think The Bucks do have too much influence and I am personally not a fan for almost every tag match being a Bucks style. Kahn is the end all be all in both divisions and I don't think it's causing people to not watch.

2 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

WWE seems to do better with the 50+ crowd. Being its well over 50% of their viewers.

Sting could help draw a few to tune in to check out AEW. Its just AEW needs to use this wisely and put out programing to keep those viewers. Something WWE and TNA failed with doing when bringing out the legends.

An Impact-AEW working relationship can only be good for the fans IMO. Everything else is just people trying to be cynical for cynicism's sake. I've seen so many asinine comments elsewhere like, "This wont help AEW, only their competition in Impact will benefit" and "WWE isn't quaking in there boots". People need to stop trying to be these behind the curtain fans, all they are doing is sapping the fun out of watching wrestling for themselves. This is gonna be fun for us fans, period. 

2 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

An Impact-AEW working relationship can only be good for the fans IMO. Everything else is just people trying to be cynical for cynicism's sake. I've seen so many asinine comments elsewhere like, "This wont help AEW, only their competition in Impact will benefit" and "WWE isn't quaking in there boots". People need to stop trying to be these behind the curtain fans, all they are doing is sapping the fun out of watching wrestling for themselves. This is gonna be fun for us fans, period. 

I made this comment to a friend last night, that anything that happens in Impact is irrelevant, Khan using another promotion to bring intrigue to his own is brilliant. Kenny Omega just turned full blown heel, cheating to steal a title belt with help from a different promotion. It's money for AEW, too. 

I don't care about a single wrestler in Impact so I really don't care about that aspect. I'm sure the bullet club call backs will be fun and as someone who missed the prime run of MCMG, I'm excited for that. It will certainly help Impact but at the same time, I think it makes Swann look pretty stupid. Your management has to go to a different company to help someone win to try to bring someone credible into the company lololol

I love it all tho!