Lets Discuss All Things Wrestling - Even The T-Shirt Company AEW!

steelcurtain29

Just now, Troy Brown said:

let's say i marked out so hard for one that i actually sent my mom the video who then also marked out 

seriously wasnt expecting it. I was sitting here thinking... well here comes KENTA and then NOPE

side note, not really big on KENTA so it went from bland intro to WTF WHY, HOW, WUT

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Deadpulse said:

seriously wasnt expecting it. I was sitting here thinking... well here comes KENTA and then NOPE

side note, not really big on KENTA so it went from bland intro to WTF WHY, HOW, WUT

very few times in my life have i marked out as hard as i just did. definitely not since i was a kid or when i was at the original DON for mox debut. i dont even care what happens after that with it. 

Some nice surprises. Didnt like Baker vs Legit girl getting a half hour. Battle royal was decent until Miro starting swatting IC off like flies. Kaz/Jericho was fun. Skipped the Darby match as everyone should. ME was good, didnt care for the ending but the aftermath was a great way to end the show.

OMG! This was a freakin amazing show. 3 major events occured. One thing more interesting and more schocking than the other. I can't remember that i ever watched a TV Wrestling show and was able to say that. I dunno are we allowed to talk free in this thread? I guess so, but if we don't want to ruin anything. I say just that. Wrestling fans around the globe invest 2 hours of your time to watch that show. It was great, especially the start of the 2nd hour. We got a good main event, a shocking ending and a even more shocking revelation in the final seconds of the show, but ofc there was that one debut, that puts everything into his shadow. What a surprise. I never thought about that. Not even once, when i thought about the show. Absolutely great. I liked the Entrance theme, too and i loved the presentation with snow falling down. Funny enough, that it's the first time this winter snow is actually falling here as well. This can't be a coincidence, right? Huge markout moment for me. The next few weeks and months could be very, very interesting. I'm interested into the ratings for this show and the next ones. This could really be the start of something special.

Edited by Edge

55 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Is sting going to actually wrestle or just be a manager of some sort?

I dunno. I mean he's 61 years old. I don't expect him to work a singles match. At most we're seeing him in a Tag Team match, but i guess he's going to be a manager or mentor, probably to Darby Allin, as he was the only one standing eye to eye with him on the show. But we just have to wait and see what happens in the next couple of weeks. Probably you have to wait until next week, when Sting will speak.

Edited by Edge

8 minutes ago, Fresh Prince said:

Loved the surprise return, and the main event but a slight overreaction with people calling this the an amazing or best show in a long time.

Sting returning and the Main Event , I think it’s up there. 

AEW is so fun to watch. So incredibly fun. Don’t agree with everything, but it’s fresh, energetic  and creative . 

The main event was genius. A working relationship with Impact is such a great business move for everyone. It is great that Tony Kahn is an outsider because he’s not brainwashed by the dogmas of  ‘the business’ . 

I watch Impact from time to time , I’ll def be the watching Tues. The exposure will really help them.

I think AEW is doing a great job but they’re making the same mistake all the start up companies make by signing these old guys. I get the reasons to bring them in. Helps with ratings and merch but they can’t rely on them long term. Hope they do better with them than WCW or TNA did. 

30 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I think AEW is doing a great job but they’re making the same mistake all the start up companies make by signing these old guys. I get the reasons to bring them in. Helps with ratings and merch but they can’t rely on them long term. Hope they do better with them than WCW or TNA did. 

They ain't relying on any single person for ratings, they have sustained their base and been one of the top cable shows since the first dynamite. 

1 hour ago, Fresh Prince said:

Loved the surprise return, and the main event but a slight overreaction with people calling this the an amazing or best show in a long time.

Not an overreaction. You ain't getting anything like that on Raw or Smackdown, that was PPV quality. 

4 minutes ago, Troy Brown said:

They ain't relying on any single person for ratings, they have sustained their base and been one of the top cable shows since the first dynamite. 

Jericho is 50. Take him off the roster and do you think they’ll maintain their ratings? I’m not sure about that. Just seems like the mistakes early WCW made.