Lets Discuss All Things Wrestling - Even The T-Shirt Company AEW!

steelcurtain29

18 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

yea but they slow played him really well, he is ready for the next step and that is the mid card belt. Im excited to see how he does.

He's definitely part of the core guys they have that can bring in younger audiences... Cassidy, Jurassic Express, Darby probably appeal to kids moreso than us 

19 hours ago, Fresh Prince said:

Just not a fan of Darbie. Just don’t see it with him

Hes worthless.145lbs of face paint and no selling flippy trash is all hes around for.

AEW needs a cruiser division for these guys.

Was getting ready to watch the PPV yesterday. But reviews like this prevented me.

He kicked out of a swanton off ladder through a table. Nothing beats anyone. It’s literally video game levels absurd

AEW can do some matches well. Those usually involve Jungle Jack, Revival or MJF. But they can do it. Why they roll with so much stuff nobody can buy into is ridiculous.

Edited by PARROTHEAD

Full Gear was great. The sammy vs hardy "match" was a little long and the women's match ending with 100 knee strikes after her knee was hurt weren't perfect but super solid show. 

My baseline is admittedly really low but I wouldn't have been embarrassed to show someone that and admit I like wrestling 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

At least you didnt complain about the No Selling part.

If you're watching a match at the Hardy Compound, are you expecting anything but a ridiculous 20 minutes? I liked the ultimate deletion. This didn't come close to it and frankly, was a low light of the show for me, but everything else held up it's end of the card. 

4 hours ago, wgbeethree said:

Full Gear was great. The sammy vs hardy "match" was a little long and the women's match ending with 100 knee strikes after her knee was hurt weren't perfect but super solid show. 

My baseline is admittedly really low but I wouldn't have been embarrassed to show someone that and admit I like wrestling 

I just had no interest in the women's match. I used that time to cut up a charcuterie board because I enjoy the finer things in life. I said this to a friend, if you want me to pay 50-60 bucks for a ppv match, no match should have zero build. Khan acknowledged this after the show but oh well. Yb/Ftr was worth the price. 

I think it says a lot when AEW PPV matches are spectacular since they rarely hold back on Dynamite and eventually, that could be an issue, but hard to complain about much from me at the moment. 

i agree w/ everyone else that Full Gear was pretty great. 

john silver is a better comedy act than cassidy. it's annoying that cassidy draws so much, so that they're pressured to make him look so legit in terms of him going over so often. was hoping they'd give the dub to silver to start to legitimize him as a piece of the show. now that he ate that L, would be nice if they start to build silver/reynolds as a middling tag team that can get dubs over at least guys like private party occasionally. 

felt like omega and page should've been a 30 minute war... was a good match... and the feud isn't over, but after almost a year of build towards this match i was surprised how it played out. omega going over was obvious and the right move for sure tho. 

big fan of the darby strap push. i know a lotta guys aren't a fan and think he's cringy, but i like him even tho i'd agree some of the **** he says is like some old school tumblr chick type ****. his matches are always a lotta fun. probably the funnest dude to watch wrestle period for me personally. wonder if they start moving towards that horsemen stable they've been teaming for a while and if cody now could be part of that. his posse is pretty weak.

shida v. nyla was trash. i don't see why ******* shida is rag dolling nyla around the ring the whole match. completely obliterated any kind of monster heel status for nyla imo, even tho she never really had that monster heel status. just pretty awful booking in that match. get the strap on britt baker, she's the only champion caliber woman on the roster imo. 

bucks v. ftr was everything i expected it to be. 

thought hardy v. guevara was gonna be awful, but that ended up being a lotta fun. think matt's beat sammy like 3 times now, i don't see why they're doing that to sammy lol. unless it's leading to something. 

really like MJF joining inner circle. that faction was getting bland and now it's probably the number one stable in the company again. boot hager outta there tho.

mox v. kingston was what i was expecting. kingston's such a stud. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, FinneasGage said:

felt like omega and page should've been a 30 minute war... was a good match... and the feud isn't over, but after almost a year of build towards this match i was surprised how it played out. omega going over was obvious and the right move for sure tho. 

Initially, I was irked that it wasn't longer as well (not that it wasn't a great match, it was awesome) but after the booze wore off and I thought about it, especially with the ending of the YB match, it made a lot of sense for Omega to beat Page the way he did. Makes Omega look stronger and Page becomes even more sympathetic  "since he's not ready yet." It's already my favorite character arc that I can remember.  When Page/Omega happens again and it's like a 40 minute banger, you'll remember Page losing this match and be like hot dang this is such good **** 

15 hours ago, FinneasGage said:

i agree w/ everyone else that Full Gear was pretty great. 

john silver is a better comedy act than cassidy. it's annoying that cassidy draws so much, so that they're pressured to make him look so legit in terms of him going over so often. was hoping they'd give the dub to silver to start to legitimize him as a piece of the show. now that he ate that L, would be nice if they start to build silver/reynolds as a middling tag team that can get dubs over at least guys like private party occasionally. 

big fan of the darby strap push. i know a lotta guys aren't a fan and think he's cringy, but i like him even tho i'd agree some of the **** he says is like some old school tumblr chick type ****. his matches are always a lotta fun. probably the funnest dude to watch wrestle period for me personally. wonder if they start moving towards that horsemen stable they've been teaming for a while and if cody now could be part of that. his posse is pretty weak.

shida v. nyla was trash. i don't see why ******* shida is rag dolling nyla around the ring the whole match. completely obliterated any kind of monster heel status for nyla imo, even tho she never really had that monster heel status. just pretty awful booking in that match. get the strap on britt baker, she's the only champion caliber woman on the roster imo. 

bucks v. ftr was everything i expected it to be. 

thought hardy v. guevara was gonna be awful, but that ended up being a lotta fun. think matt's beat sammy like 3 times now, i don't see why they're doing that to sammy lol. unless it's leading to something. 

really like MJF joining inner circle. that faction was getting bland and now it's probably the number one stable in the company again. boot hager outta there tho.

mox v. kingston was what i was expecting. kingston's such a stud. 

Silver is funnier than Cassidy (whose shtick gets old quick - and, hate me all you guys want, if the goal is to grow AEW to audiences that were already watching PWG, Chikara, and NJPW before AEW started, the stuff that Cassidy does isn't going to do it).  And Silver has gotten himself over organically.  But Cassidy is Tony Khan's favorite wrestler, so you do the math.

I get where they're going with Kenny/Page... and it's logical.  But if they're going to have that kind of match, don't put it as the show-opener, because it buries so much of what other guys later in the show can do (and I'm not talking their ability to do it, I'm talking the ability for it to be special or an actual sight-to-see later in the card).  So much stuff went for only 2-counts, and not even razor-thin 2-counts, that whenever anyone else later on the card (since these are the two guys who are being sold as your next big title contenders), no one is going to buy that guys later in the card doing a similar spot are going to be able to get a pinfall out of it.  It was a good/very good match.  Certainly not fantastic.  And I stand by my criticism of Kenny that he's way to self-indulgent in how he calls his matches (the "callbacks" to his own prior matches is masturbating his own ego).  Omega needs to stop being such a mark for his damn self.

Darby is Mikey Whipwreck in facepaint.  You can get juice out of a championship run with him, but - again, if you're trying to draw in *new* fans - there's no way in hell guys like Brian Cage should be selling for him unless he catches them by surprise.

Bucks/FTR was overly busy.  Not a terrible match by any means, but it's been poorly booked and rushed from the onset and this didn't present like a match where the aim was to set up a long-term rivalry.  This presented like a match where the EVP's wanted to go over the other team that publications dared call a better tag team than them.

MJF joining the IC works.  Jericho needs to get reacquainted with the treadmill and do some damn HIIT cardio - he was gassed, it was apparent, and MJF was literally having to sell just so Chris could catch a breather.  All that said, other than his brief dalliance with Jungle Boy, who exactly has Jericho gotten over in his time in AEW.  Cody was already over (especially with the core AEW fans) when they feuded.  Similarly with Cassidy.  If Jericho was supposed to be getting MJP over, he should have been working/calling MJF's kind of match; instead we got something more akin to Kevin Nash supposed to be getting Rey Mysterio over and instead just putting him over.

This is not me trying to defend WWE in any sense, but I've noticed that a lot, and I mean A LOT, of AEW fans are perfectly willing to ignore that they are guilty of some of the same things they were critical of WWE for doing, purely on the basis that it's AEW.  And sorry, but I call hypocrisy out when I see it.  If it's stupid when WWE does it, it's equally as stupid when AEW does it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The LBC said:

This is not me trying to defend WWE in any sense, but I've noticed that a lot, and I mean A LOT, of AEW fans are perfectly willing to ignore that they are guilty of some of the same things they were critical of WWE for doing, purely on the basis that it's AEW.  And sorry, but I call hypocrisy out when I see it.  If it's stupid when WWE does it, it's equally as stupid when AEW does it.

i stopped watching WWE because every promo seemed forced and bad to me. matches seemed slow 80% of the time on TV broadcasts. maybe i'm a mark and overlooking, but neither of those things are really big issues in AEW. i'm not really like a company-backer or anything. i watched mainly TNA from 08-12, ROH from 12-17, WWE/NXT from 17-19 and now mostly AEW since they debuted. i always see WWE fans with this narrative of "hypocrisy" and "if WWE did this, they'd be killed!!!" when the reality is like 75% of their show is filled with cringy stuff. i'm not being a hater, i don't care whatever people watch, but it's just weird when people always tie WWE back into AEW discussions when it's just such a better product at the moment.