Lets Discuss All Things Wrestling - Even The T-Shirt Company AEW!

steelcurtain29

5 hours ago, Troy Brown said:

After seeing Davey Richards and Malakai Black in person tonight, I don't understand how Davey Richards didn't blow up to become a star. He's built like a star and may be one of the best in ring guys alive. He's just short?????

The Wolves where on fire. Then Davey got injured for a long spell. Eddie had to roll in singles. Which brought him success. And The Wolves idea pushed to the back burner. It was like Davey lost any and all momentum. Then he took off time to put towards a medical degree.

Another case of bad timing. If it was Edwards that got injured instead. Who knows?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Jeezla said:

Alright, alright, alright. 

If you were drafting a Men's wrestling promotion, and you can take any wrestler from any promotion, who are your top 15 picks?
Then give me 6 tag teams. They don't have to be existing teams. You could pair up Brock with Orange Cassidy if you wanted to.
Then give me your inaugural HW Champ, TV champ, and Tag champs. 

Men:

Jon Moxley

Kenny Omega

Bryan Danielson

CM Punk

MJF

Hangman Page

Roman Reigns 

Randy Orton

Will Ospreay

Kota Ibushi

Adam Cole

Bobby Lashley

Hammerstone

Tetsuya Naito

Eddie Kingston

Tags:

Young Bucks, Briscoes, Uso's, FTR, GoD, Lucha Bro's

Champs:

World: Roman Reigns

TV: Tetsuya Naito

Tag: Uso's

2 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

The Wolves where on fire. Then Davey got injured for a long spell. Eddie had to roll in singles. Which brought him success. And The Wolves idea pushed to the back burner. It was like Davey lost any and all momentum. Then he took off time to put towards a medical degree.

Another case of bad timing. If it was Edwards that got injured instead. Who knows?

Pretty much.  I mean, I understand why Mike Quackenbush never took off: Short-upon-short and a bit of a egomaniacal headcase to boot; it also doesn't help when a guy that can pretty much do everything you do well who is younger, taller, and more charismatic comes along (Drek Gulak).  But Davey, while his size limitations (height, really; he kept himself in great physical shape to where it blunts the negatives of his height) would have probably limited him from being "the guy" for a major company, he could have easily occupied that direct next tier down and been an occasional World Champion who can still headline cards and doesn't need a belt to do it.  The closest parallel from the past that I can draw is Chris Candido (or Jerry Lynn with a better personality).

But yeah, ultimately the injuries were his biggest unraveling and it's a damn shame.  I also (speculation on my part, but it's from observation, I'm not just pulling this out of my butt) don't think Angelina Love was good for him and a bit more fixated on how she could use his star to keep hers shining.  His 3rd and current wife seems like she's a much better fit for him.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Must have been a timing thing more than the attitude issues cause look at the opportunities austin Aries got and he's gotta be much crazier. Many lesser men have made it further than Richards with attitude problems. Here's hoping he wants to land somewhere that isn't the pnw indies cause it's a shame he isn't on TV

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Jeezla said:

Alright, alright, alright. 

If you were drafting a Men's wrestling promotion, and you can take any wrestler from any promotion, who are your top 15 picks?
Then give me 6 tag teams. They don't have to be existing teams. You could pair up Brock with Orange Cassidy if you wanted to.
Then give me your inaugural HW Champ, TV champ, and Tag champs. 

Brock Lesnar (face) (HW CHAMP) 
MJF (heel)
Kenny Omega (heel) 
Hangman Page (face)
Bryan Danielson (face)
Edge (heel) 
Seth Rollins (heel)
Will Ospreay (heel) (TV CHAMP) 
Adam Cole (heel)
Bron Breakker (face/tweener)
Matt Riddle (face)
Sammy Guevara (face)
Eli Drake (heel) 
Alexander Hammerstone (heel) 
Wardlow (face)

Tags:
Jon Moxley + Eddie Kingston (faces/tweeners)
Kevin Owens + Sami Zayn (heels) (TAG CHAMPS) 
Pentagon + Rey Fenix (faces)
Malakai Black + Darby Allin (faces) 
Ricky Starks + Ethan Page (heels)
Jay Briscoe + Mark Briscoe (faces)

• Like 1

MJF busted out the Steve Corino promo on Tommy Rich tonight ( @PARROTHEAD may be the only one who gets the direct reference here, but the original Corino promo was the stuff of legend, so it was nice to see an homage).

I like Daniel Garcia; he's definitely got a future.  But a few things need some changing, beyond him putting on some muscle (he's got that Little Guido build right now, which works fine, but it limits him on the card), the low boots with the high socks are doing him no favors; either wear shooters' shoes with ankle socks or just wear knee-height boots.

Individually, the Jericho and Kingston promos tonight were fine, but they felt like they were fighting each other to the point where neither landed as well as they should have.  And in a way, I feel like this feud will end up like this promo exchange, where it won't deliver like it should have (and like it was capable of) because Jericho isn't willing to make himself look like the female dog that the writing would/should be calling for.

Get Jade off my TV if you can't put her with women that can sell well for her, because she's still obviously green - and doesn't sell well herself - and giving her this undefeated streak against shoddy workers is doing her no favors.

I kind of like where they're going with House of Black, but I don't like Buddy's fit in it; and him using the name "Buddy' just undermines credibility.

Not sure I'd have gone for a Keith Lee/Hobbs confrontation this soon, because Keith makes Hobbs look small(ish) which doesn't help him.

I wish Eddie Kingston was a better all-around worker (he's still in the 80th-percentile, comfortably, in AEW as far as pure working goes), because his character is straight gold - reminds me of Austin hitting his stride with the SCSA/post-Stunning-Steve characterization at an advanced age in his early to mid-30's (yes, I realize Eddie's doing a shade later, but the parallels still exist).

The level to which everyone rolls Schiavone as an in-ring interviewer is a meme at this point.  I enjoyed it when Britt did it, but legitimately everyone does it now and it's actually reached a point of stupidity as to why he even gets in there anymore; just have them grab a mic, the trope is dead.

12 hours ago, Bullet Club said:

Zero interest in Claudio. Hopefully Tony is similar.

Really?

I'd argue Claudio is the most underutilized wrestler of the last decade.

He's a little bit old (41 I believe) but he's gotten himself over before and he'll do it again if given an opportunity . I'd happily trade Claudio for Cody straight up any day. He's custom made for AEW. He'd slide into the upper midcard lower ME picture seamlessly IMO. 

I'd love to hear why you don't like him though.