Lets Discuss All Things Wrestling - Even The T-Shirt Company AEW!

steelcurtain29

1 Charlotte
2 Becky
3 Rhea
4 Sasha
5 Bayley
6 Asuka
7 Britt
8 Jade
9 Deeb
10 Priscilla (I should take Bianca, but I'm taking Gigi purely for looks)

Next 5
 1 Bianca
2 Alexa
3 Cassie Lee (Again for looks- Would have her tag with Priscilla if we had a tag division. Call them "Cruel Intentions")
4 Io
5 Doudrop (She would be totally repackaged)

Never seen Jordynne Grace or Skye Blue, so can't list them.

Edited by Jeezla

2 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Because since when has anything Vince done made sense? He probably wants to sign him to make his competition look bad. Steal one of their top guys who’s an executive in the company and basically started the whole thing. Then turn around and put him right back in the mid cards where he left. Similar to what he did with Christian when he left and came back . If Vince ever actually thought of him as a main eventer he would have made him one all those years he was with him. 

1.3 mil for Raw last week. 1.6 this. Along with what youve touched on. They need guys with a built name desperately.  

Has Cody proven himself as an exec enough to step into WWE with a role like JR or his dad had in regards to talent relations? Way articles have touched on what he meant to guys in the back. Hes really pushed that he wants more out the business than to hang around in catering hoping for screen time.

5 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

All reports are they are backing up a brinks truck. Who act like this is just a normal signing. This is a guy who turned down the company he helped create because he wasn't getting top guy money. He's getting top guy money by all accounts from the E. So lets amend your question;

Why sign anyone to top guy money?

I actually don't have doubt that Cody will get some use, even high up on the card, when he comes in.  To me the question will be (though I think Cody is smart enough - because I get that 'too smart for his own good' vibe off him, but even when someone has that vibe you have to give them the credit for being intelligent at least - to possibly see this coming and may have contingencies) how long he sustains not just in the main event circle but in the company.  Because, as we saw with guys like Strowman, earning "top guy" money can be as much a curse as a coup when Nick "Trim the Budget" Khan is on the case.

As far as a rough minimum I can see it going for Cody: He's gonna get at least a solid year run, probably a MITB case, and whether that cash-in is successful will largely depend on how well he gets himself over and how much he wins Vince over.  Make no mistake, I don't think Vince is looking at him like he did Flair in the 90's, nor should he.  But with that in mind, if he's not looking at him like that, it's far more likely he's looking at him like he did a Goldberg or even an AJ Styles - in particular the later, where he had to go above and beyond to garner Vince's respect before he put his belt on him.

What I'm waiting for is, "We're gonna have to talk about that neck tattoo, pal."

3 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Has Cody proven himself as an exec enough to step into WWE with a role like JR or his dad had in regards to talent relations? Way articles have touched on what he meant to guys in the back. Hes really pushed that he wants more out the business than to hang around in catering hoping for screen time.

Honestly, no.  And Vince never really embraced Dusty as an exec anyway.  Dusty was a bring-along exec in anything that wasn't NXT for WWE, who was more a pseudo shadow-exec, that didn't really have a position or wield any tangible power, but he had the respect of higher-ups that he'd worked with (and that had worked for him) in the past that even as an agent his words carried a good deal of influence.  Kind of similar to a Blackjack Lanza or Gorilla Monsoon.  Also, Bruce and Johnny Ace have Vince's ear again, and to my recollection neither one of them had any sort of stellar relationship with Dusty, so there's little reason to believe they'd be anything more than patronize towards his son.

And honestly, Cody is like the biggest sore thumb to someone like Kevin Dunn.  All the guys Cody grew up around, having a ton or respect for, and wanting to emulate like Bill Watts and the like are everything Dunn hates about "wrasslin'" and ties right into Vince's general dislike for most thing "southern."

3 minutes ago, Dr LBC said:

Honestly, no.  And Vince never really embraced Dusty as an exec anyway.  Dusty was a bring-along exec in anything that wasn't NXT for WWE, who was more a pseudo shadow-exec, that didn't really have a position or wield any tangible power, but he had the respect of higher-ups that he'd worked with (and that had worked for him) in the past that even as an agent his words carried a good deal of influence.  Kind of similar to a Blackjack Lanza or Gorilla Monsoon.  Also, Bruce and Johnny Ace have Vince's ear again, and to my recollection neither one of them had any sort of stellar relationship with Dusty, so there's little reason to believe they'd be anything more than patronize towards his son.

And honestly, Cody is like the biggest sore thumb to someone like Kevin Dunn.  All the guys Cody grew up around, having a ton or respect for, and wanting to emulate like Bill Watts and the like are everything Dunn hates about "wrasslin'" and ties right into Vince's general dislike for most thing "southern."

Did not know that about Dusty. I know he was NWA head booker, then booked for WCW. Thought he had position much like JRs in talent relations or Michael Hayes with WWE.

2 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Did not know that about Dusty. I know he was NWA head booker, then booked for WCW. Thought he had position much like JRs in talent relations or Michael Hayes with WWE.

He had a brief stint on the Creative Team in 2005 as a consultant, but that was, by everything I've read and heard, at the behest of JR, Patterson, and Michael Hayes.  And realistically, I get the feeling it was Hayes that lobbied the heaviest to bring Dusty in because he wanted a relatively-likeminded ally in the room (which I think he initially thought he had in DiBiase, but this was back when Ted was still very much letting his faith dictate his practice).  Don't hold me to this (and I wouldn't expect the actual guy to confirm this because his ego won't let him), but it shouldn't be dismissed that when Dusty started having whatever level of influence he had on the Smackdown writing team also coincided with Bradshaw's rise with his JBL character which has some interesting keynotes not too dissimilar to how Dusty booked WCW (specifically some nods towards popular television that we subtle enough to not appear as ripoffs - and the JBL character is about as close to JR Ewing off of Dallas as you're going to find).

• Like 1

Regardless, I'll say one thing - and I'm not sure how confident I am in Vince to check his ego and get this right - the first time Cody actually speaks on WWE programming, it needs to be on a Smackdown.  And the reasoning may seem a bit weird, but it makes sense - if you have him appear on RAW, you're giving AEW the chance to retort/acknowledge (or take a shot at it) before you're next even on-air because Rampage is taped and Dynamite isn't.

If you have him appear Smackdown, it's live, followed by a taped/canned Rampage and you've got the opportunity to follow up the appearance with RAW to drive the nail home even more before AEW even has programming airing to parry.  It's simple smart marketing at its most base level.

On 2/17/2022 at 3:12 PM, NcFinest9erFan said:

So the other BIG rumor is WWE is trying to book HBK vs Styles at WrestleMania....

There’s no way. As much as I’d love to see it there hasn’t been nearly enough of a build up for a match like that. Says a lot about the product that they need all these old dudes to get people to watch. 

On 2/16/2022 at 6:10 PM, Jeezla said:

If you were drafting a woman's wrestling division, and could pick any female wrestler from WWE, AEW, Impact, any promotion...
Who would your top 10 picks be?

dakota kai
jamie hayter
britt baker
sonya deville
jade cargill
thunder rosa
alexa bliss
mandy rose
red velvet
zelina vega

don't like a lotta the top girls on the mic at all 

On 2/17/2022 at 5:01 PM, Bullet Club said:

If Kairi was still wrestling she'd be up there too.

She will wrestle again in her home promotion. Yesterday Stardom announced her return.

You can check out the press conference here:

She will be back in a Stardom ring for the first time since she left to WWE, during the Stardom World Climax 2022 on the 26th and 27th march in the legenadry Ryōgoku Kokugikan. On the 26th she will wrestle together with Mayu Iwatani vs. Tam Nakano and Unagi Sayaka. And on the 27th she will most likely wrestle in some form against Oedo Tai. They also teased a title match for the Wonder of Stardom Championship against Saya Kamitani, in another video.

• Like 1