Lets Discuss All Things Wrestling - Even The T-Shirt Company AEW!

steelcurtain29

4 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

So Raw with disastrous viewership decided to open the first half hour with SD guys. Sprinkle SD guys all throughout. And end with a SD main event.

Though SD had far worse viewership the past couple weeks.

Have a superstar shakeup. And each week after for both shows continue to flop talent back and forth. To now 3 random "Wildcards" will appear on the opposite show. Though 6 did tonight, but the first 3 that opened the show didnt count towards the 3 to appear... Its gotten flat out ludicrous.

Vince doesn't know what he is doing anymore

• Like 2

I'm donezo with the wwe. Haven't watched anything since mania and mania was obviously a let down. Nothing they're doing is interesting. Sami Zayn, I guess?

Double or Nothing in 2 weeks, ROH in Portland the week after, then a defy show a couple weeks after. 

Also, I am becoming a Dalton Castle mark. This turn on the Boys is a+

3 hours ago, Troy Brown said:

I'm donezo with the wwe. Haven't watched anything since mania and mania was obviously a let down. Nothing they're doing is interesting. Sami Zayn, I guess?

Double or Nothing in 2 weeks, ROH in Portland the week after, then a defy show a couple weeks after. 

Also, I am becoming a Dalton Castle mark. This turn on the Boys is a+

Been a Dalton mark for well over a year and a half now.  I've kind of evolved to the point where I appreciate great ringwork, but if there's no captivating personality (and the diversity to evolve that personality and play it in different ways), you're just a worker to me.  For example, as a worker I absolutely loved Lance Storm and Jerry Lynn, but they were always guys that I could wait until I heard from someone else that one or both of them put on a great match, and then I'd make a point to go back and watch it.  With guys like Dalton I'm like I was with Steve Corino, I feel the need to catch him live as much as possible because they're dynamic enough that I don't want what they do to be spoiled by hearing about first from someone else and then having to go seek it out.

1 hour ago, The LBC said:

Been a Dalton mark for well over a year and a half now.  I've kind of evolved to the point where I appreciate great ringwork, but if there's no captivating personality (and the diversity to evolve that personality and play it in different ways), you're just a worker to me.  For example, as a worker I absolutely loved Lance Storm and Jerry Lynn, but they were always guys that I could wait until I heard from someone else that one or both of them put on a great match, and then I'd make a point to go back and watch it.  With guys like Dalton I'm like I was with Steve Corino, I feel the need to catch him live as much as possible because they're dynamic enough that I don't want what they do to be spoiled by hearing about first from someone else and then having to go seek it out.

I like everything about him. I did enjoy all of the Boy stuff but I guess unlike WWE, you change things up before they get stale. He's gotta be in the future of AEW/WWE. 

Who else you marking out for currently? 

Edited by Troy Brown

5 hours ago, Livewire said:

No idea why storylines suck so bad now.9_9

Lmfao. So besides Foleys son none of them have had something to do with the business. Wow. How is someone going to write storylines and scripts when they've never seen wrestling in their lifes before. Fans can write better crap than what's being spewed out. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Troy Brown said:

I like everything about him. I did enjoy all of the Boy stuff but I guess unlike WWE, you change things up before they get stale. He's gotta be in the future of AEW/WWE. 

Who else you marking out for currently? 

I've been on the Jacob Fatu train for a little over a year now, but that's also because I've had the opportunity to actually meet and talk with him on a number of occasions, so I got a chance to see his personality even when he was in indies that didn't let him promo or stuck him with a mouthpiece (because of the generally accepted model that heel Samoans just kind of "pace like wild animals in the background" <--- his words in convo).

Retrosexual Anthony Greene is pure awesomeness.  He has elements of Dalton Castle, Velveteen Dream, and Eric Buddenhagen all rolled into one.  He has that kind of sells-out-for-everthing personality that Buddenhagen has, which I love.  His promos and cut-ups are fantastic, because he did one at the beginning of the year that teased a heel turn and then snapped back to life-of-the-party babyface at the end beautifully.

I've always a Silas Young mark because he was so great at doing those same things that were why I was willing to keep giving Baron Corbin rope to hang himself... the in-ring character stuffs (crowd interaction, verbal/nonverbal interaction with the opponent, etc) were just plain on point which can make for a special type of heel (see Kevin Steen... and the watered down since leaving NXT version of Kevin Owens).

And finally and most importantly, I have a Zack Sabre Jr. problem and it may not be healthy.  His promos have come so far in the past couple years and it's made him so well-rounded it's disgusting.  The bit he had worked-shooting on warm ale versus cold lager after winning the New Japan Cup last year had me rolling.

56 minutes ago, The LBC said:

I've been on the Jacob Fatu train for a little over a year now, but that's also because I've had the opportunity to actually meet and talk with him on a number of occasions, so I got a chance to see his personality even when he was in indies that didn't let him promo or stuck him with a mouthpiece (because of the generally accepted model that heel Samoans just kind of "pace like wild animals in the background" <--- his words in convo).

Retrosexual Anthony Greene is pure awesomeness.  He has elements of Dalton Castle, Velveteen Dream, and Eric Buddenhagen all rolled into one.  He has that kind of sells-out-for-everthing personality that Buddenhagen has, which I love.  His promos and cut-ups are fantastic, because he did one at the beginning of the year that teased a heel turn and then snapped back to life-of-the-party babyface at the end beautifully.

I've always a Silas Young mark because he was so great at doing those same things that were why I was willing to keep giving Baron Corbin rope to hang himself... the in-ring character stuffs (crowd interaction, verbal/nonverbal interaction with the opponent, etc) were just plain on point which can make for a special type of heel (see Kevin Steen... and the watered down since leaving NXT version of Kevin Owens).

And finally and most importantly, I have a Zack Sabre Jr. problem and it may not be healthy.  His promos have come so far in the past couple years and it's im so well-rounded it's disgusting.  The bit he had worked-shooting on warm ale versus cold lager after winning the New Japan Cup last year had me rolling.

Ugh. I soured on Zack Sabre at a Beyond show when he was my girlfriend's favorite wrestler of the night and I dragged her there... so I went to buy her a shirt, it was listed at 20, he said it was the last one. I said that's fine. He charged me 35 frickin bucks and I felt the interaction had gone too long to take it back. 

I felt like you were gonna say retro ag. Dude is over as hell in my hometown area right now, wrestling for all of the promotions in southern new england. Did not realize he was getting over outside of NE until you mentioned him a few months ago. 

Don't know anything about Fatu, i'll have to check him out. 

I'm just real big on Castle and Janela right now. Always Pentagon. Always Jericho. 

3 hours ago, The LBC said:

And finally and most importantly, I have a Zack Sabre Jr. problem and it may not be healthy.  His promos have come so far in the past couple years and it's made him so well-rounded it's disgusting.  The bit he had worked-shooting on warm ale versus cold lager after winning the New Japan Cup last year had me rolling.

The few sabre jr matches I saw, he didnt sell for crap and I guess im not a fan of watching him just do a bunch of holds.

4 hours ago, Troy Brown said:

Ugh. I soured on Zack Sabre at a Beyond show when he was my girlfriend's favorite wrestler of the night and I dragged her there... so I went to buy her a shirt, it was listed at 20, he said it was the last one. I said that's fine. He charged me 35 frickin bucks and I felt the interaction had gone too long to take it back. 

I felt like you were gonna say retro ag. Dude is over as hell in my hometown area right now, wrestling for all of the promotions in southern new england. Did not realize he was getting over outside of NE until you mentioned him a few months ago. 

Don't know anything about Fatu, i'll have to check him out. 

I'm just real big on Castle and Janela right now. Always Pentagon. Always Jericho. 

Check out MLW's stuff on YouTube.  Fatu came in at the beginning of this year, in a stable with a mustache-less Simon Gotch and Fatu's tag team partner in WarBeast from out here in SoCal, Joseph Samael (otherwise known as the Almighty Sheik).  Dude is a stacked 285 pounds and can pull off a Best Moonsault Ever effortlessly.  But he has the kind of intensity and charisma that Rhino had in his ECW days; it's eerily reminiscent.

And don't get me wrong, Sabre is a real Richard, but I like his character - it's been that way for me with several wrestlers in the past too.  Love the character, dislike the person behind it (*cough* Sami Callihan *cough*)

3 hours ago, Fresh Prince said:

The few sabre jr matches I saw, he didnt sell for crap and I guess im not a fan of watching him just do a bunch of holds.

I had that same issue with him early in his career. But think hes really grown with his in-ring storytelling.

But his style I love. Its been needed in the wrestling world.

• Like 1