Lets Discuss All Things Wrestling - Even The T-Shirt Company AEW!

steelcurtain29

The literal disgust from the crowd if it were Doug Williams would be hilarious. 

Chris Daniels has to get involved sooner or later and they'd put on a good match, I think. Other guesses I have are Homicide or Davey Richards. I could also see Nigel McGuiness attacking him at some point and being the mouthpiece for another ROH wrestler

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Troy Brown said:

The literal disgust from the crowd if it were Doug Williams would be hilarious. 

For sure, but that’s why it kind of leaves me scratching my head why they would open it up to “any” ROH champion. All the best names to bring in are former World Champs, including both Homicide and Richards, amongst plenty of others. 

Thats why I came to the conclusion of Hero. If it’s another current outsider, Vincent would be my next guess, then Romero or Ishii. With a long shot of Cobb

But the more I think about the wording, right after that tag match, it could definitely just be Yuta. If it’s going to be someone already in AEW, I’d rather it be Brodie or even Rush

10 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

For sure, but that’s why it kind of leaves me scratching my head why they would open it up to “any” ROH champion. All the best names to bring in are former World Champs, including both Homicide and Richards, amongst plenty of others. 

Thats why I came to the conclusion of Hero. If it’s another current outsider, Vincent would be my next guess, then Romero or Ishii. With a long shot of Cobb

But the more I think about the wording, right after that tag match, it could definitely just be Yuta. If it’s going to be someone already in AEW, I’d rather it be Brodie or even Rush

With the Jerry Lynn stuff, I'm expecting it to be someone pop worthy. I think Vincent is probably WWE bound so I don't think it'll be him. I'm just not sure what the end goal is... Joe vs Jericho? 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Troy Brown said:

With the Jerry Lynn stuff, I'm expecting it to be someone pop worthy. I think Vincent is probably WWE bound so I don't think it'll be him. I'm just not sure what the end goal is... Joe vs Jericho? 

Youre exactly right, thats what Im expecting too, which is why I was racking my brain on who it could be that doesnt already fall under the former World Champion category. But at the same time its got to be someone willing to take a pin (at the least a loss) to Jericho, That is what I think disqualifies Osprey more than all the other factors honestly. Which is why I keep coming back to Hero

As far as the end goal, I think its to get this rub onto whoever you want to become the face (or one of the faces) of ROH going forward. Jericho/Joe at Final Battle does seem to be the top of the mountain right now, and as Ive said, you can go either way with the finish there. If you have a Babyface you want to push, have Jericho win, talk all the crap about theres no one left, and then they take him out. If you have a heel or tweener, have Joe take the Belt at FB, and then he can champion what ROH is all about, then he drops the Belt to your new main heel to sit atop the card. Ill keep riding the Adam Cole train, but I could definitely see it being Taven or Yuta, maybe Powerhouse Hobbs. Possibly Brian Cage or Brodie King, or if he wants to stick around Miro could run ROH for a while.

Double J in AEW? Can’t say I saw that coming.

Thought he was going to settle in nicely with WWE, I would have even made him the on screen Authority Figure for one of the shows (atleast)

Guess he feels like he’s got another real in ring run in him. Makes sense that they would do it with Sting. Although I was hoping that they would be separating Sting and Darby. 

So Cabana it is…

Not the worst person it could have been. And with the Elite/Punk stuff coming to a close, this does seem like that may have had some influence here.

Feels like if they are going to be splitting soon, Cabana needs to be part of that ROH roster. Just also hope they reunite him with Dark Order as well. He can dip a toe in there and be himself as well

I mean I thought we already played out this JAS v BCC stuff? And this time without Mox, without adding in Kingston and Ortiz, they are at a ridiculous disadvantage. Unless they team up with some of the ROH guys that Jericho has cheated. But doesn’t seem like they are really  crossing those two stories

btw, the the “contract on a clipboard” thing is so lame that I think I actually love it 

Why did they just “throw” Storm v Hayter on the Full Gear card?

They have 5 more TV shows before Full Gear… 6 if you include tonight where Hayter was on an interview, where they demanded a tag team match???

That could have EASILY been vs Toni and absolutely anyone else. If you felt like you had to separate Britt out, just let Sarya interfere/distract her. And instead of being an absolute witch, have Britt “let” Hayter take the shot at Storm while she “takes out the trash”

Man, sometimes AEW reminds you of how young of a company that they are