Lets Discuss All Things Wrestling - Even The T-Shirt Company AEW!

steelcurtain29

I don't mind the Jericho stuff. It's probably the only ROH stuff I've liked on AEW programming. His matches have been top notch since they started talking about the lionheart stuff and honestly, probably since that health scare in the UK. His character is a little stale, but it's not bad wrestling TV. 

The woman's stuff is just bad. Fortunately for me, I don't really care how they book that division (nor does TK apparently) so it doesn't bother me, but that is bad wrestling TV.

The Acclaimed vs Swerve has been fantastic. Christian vs Jungle Boy has been good, albeit repetitive (I mean I guess Christian getting hurt will do that) 

I also loved the Mox/Hangman segment tonight. Both felt like a big deal. I won't say I'm invested in literally anything AEW is doing right now, but I've seen worse wrestling TV. 

I know I was kind of wish casting and fantasy booking before, but last nights Dynamite feels like they are really trying to put ROH in the forefront. Could be a result of the Elite stuff going on as well, but seems like they are making a bigger and bigger deal about it each week. And doing this on Dynamite and not Rampage is telling as well.

Obviously having the ROH and Pure champions centered in the Main Event is big deal, and having the ROH Title defended in the Main Event (likely) in their first Canada show it big too. But also the Brian Cage/Nana/Embassy stuff got a major focus, especially bringing out the Gates of Agony, Joe and FTR in that skirmish (regardless of how awkward it was in the smaller setup) is all ROH stuff there too.

These are the things that make me think were headed to a Final Battle announcement in short order

2 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

I mean, track record kinda proves that right?

But hes super talented, so hes going to keep getting away with it (to be clear, he hasnt done anything horrible, but just a pattern of being a ******)

He's actually reminding me - a lot - of early career Hunter, when he was part of the Kliq sort of one of the also-ran in it; but that still meant that (barring being the only one who got jobbed out as punishment for the Curtain Call incident) he was protected from repercussions by being Shawn's buddy.  If he weren't in a faction (and pretty chummy even outside of AEW) with Jericho, he'd have been issued some kind of discipline by now.

8 hours ago, Dr LBC said:

He's actually reminding me - a lot - of early career Hunter, when he was part of the Kliq sort of one of the also-ran in it; but that still meant that (barring being the only one who got jobbed out as punishment for the Curtain Call incident) he was protected from repercussions by being Shawn's buddy.  If he weren't in a faction (and pretty chummy even outside of AEW) with Jericho, he'd have been issued some kind of discipline by now.

Not a bad comparison at all of their situations. Although I’d say Hunter had shown alittle bit of acumen for the businesses side of wrestling at that point, while Sammy just seems like a spoiled punk. 

Not totally sure where they are going with PAC and this hammer thing… not sure I’m enjoying it so far. (Stinks of the lead up of a Russo style “on a pole” match)

But if they are going this way, I’d be surprised if he stays a double champ for too long. 

Seems like they would be more likely to put the Trios belts on the Best Friends, than the AAC onto Orange Cassidy