Lets Discuss All Things Wrestling - Even The T-Shirt Company AEW!

steelcurtain29

1 hour ago, Deadpulse said:

Personally my dream book is her cutting a promo next week, only to be interrupted by Toni. Before Toni can say anything, have Saraya put her hand on her mic to lower it and say something to the effect of, I have no interest in an interim title, let me know when you have an actual title. 

So while they figure out how the whole Thunder Rosa situation (her odd injury timing, her potential backstage heat, etc) let her borderline squash people, a little like the start to Jade's career but less matches and stronger opponents. Throw previous failed big female debut at her like Ruby, Tay Melo, Madison Rayne, and maybe even Mercedes Martinez taking the loss as the ROH champ. 

If Rosa comes back, have Toni pull a slow and steady heel turn on Rosa. Win the unification under nefarious means. Rogue chair shot or something. Then during Saraya's next match, have Toni come out and cost Saraya her first match in AEW and then beat her down. Let that feud simmer a bit, have Toni avoid an actual match, but ultimately have Saraya take the title off of her. 

I'd love to see it, but unless Tony rushes things (which, let's face it, Tony can be want to do), I can't see them keeping Britt out of the title picture that long after Rosa does make her return.

Just now, Dr LBC said:

I'd love to see it, but unless Tony rushes things (which, let's face it, Tony can be want to do), I can't see them keeping Britt out of the title picture that long after Rosa does make her return.

I would probably make Britt Saraya's first real feud. I figured they could pivot into Britt vs Hayter to stall her and the Hayter can move onto TBS title contention while Britt moves to Saraya. 

Hunter should bring back Kairi. I need the Insane Elbow back.
Buddy Murphy and Aleister can come on back too. Make them a tag team and give them Aleister's NXT theme. And then put the belts on them for a long time.
Maybe have a Black, Buddy, Bray faction. Black and Bray bouncing ideas off each other could lead to some good stuff. Obviously put Zelina with them. Can't remember the last time I saw her do something meaningful, but she was really good as Andrade's manager.

Edited by Jeezla

55 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Hunter should bring back Kairi. I need the Insane Elbow back.
Buddy Murphy and Aleister can come on back too. Make them a tag team and give them Aleister's NXT theme. And then put the belts on them for a long time.
Maybe have a Black, Buddy, Bray faction. Black and Bray bouncing ideas off each other could lead to some good stuff. Obviously put Zelina with them. Can't remember the last time I saw her do something meaningful, but she was really good as Andrade's manager.

I genuinely don't want faction overkill (and that's something Hunter has tended to avoid in the past anyway); it's something that's souring me on AEW right now, if I'm being honest.  Tony is too fixated on turn of the millennium WCW with this fixation that everyone needs to be in a faction - it doesn't help guys get over as individuals.  It's alright for a wrestler to be a lone wolf or to be markedly self-interested.

Also, if Bray's in a faction, the perfect dynamic for him is something akin to what he had in the Wyatt Family - big bruisers who make you forget that Bray himself is actually good-sized so the "talker-being-the-physical-weak-link" trope isn't nearly as much at play.  I'd say go fish Rowan/Redbeard back into the fold and enlist the Raiders (again, I will not call WarMachine the Viking Raiders on principle), and simplify their gimmick to something more casual and less-kitschy.  But Bray really doesn't need to be doing the supernatural stuff to get over - maybe cleanup some of his verboseness (yes, there's some cool wordplay in some of his old Eater of Worlds promos, but it's also a lot of word salad) and take him back to the simplicity of the Max Cady-ish cult leader type of thing.  That sort of group would actually be a good fit - in time, because the dude's not ready yet - to elevate Von Wagner (god willing with a better name) into.

12 minutes ago, Dr LBC said:

I genuinely don't want faction overkill (and that's something Hunter has tended to avoid in the past anyway); it's something that's souring me on AEW right now, if I'm being honest.  Tony is too fixated on turn of the millennium WCW with this fixation that everyone needs to be in a faction - it doesn't help guys get over as individuals.  It's alright for a wrestler to be a lone wolf or to be markedly self-interested.

Also, if Bray's in a faction, the perfect dynamic for him is something akin to what he had in the Wyatt Family - big bruisers who make you forget that Bray himself is actually good-sized so the "talker-being-the-physical-weak-link" trope isn't nearly as much at play.  I'd say go fish Rowan/Redbeard back into the fold and enlist the Raiders (again, I will not call WarMachine the Viking Raiders on principle), and simplify their gimmick to something more casual and less-kitschy.  But Bray really doesn't need to be doing the supernatural stuff to get over - maybe cleanup some of his verboseness (yes, there's some cool wordplay in some of his old Eater of Worlds promos, but it's also a lot of word salad) and take him back to the simplicity of the Max Cady-ish cult leader type of thing.  That sort of group would actually be a good fit - in time, because the dude's not ready yet - to elevate Von Wagner (god willing with a better name) into.

I get not wanting faction overkill, but WWE really doesn't have any outside of the Bloodline and Judgement Day. And Gunter.

Edited by Jeezla

14 hours ago, Jeezla said:

I get not wanting faction overkill, but WWE really doesn't have any outside of the Bloodline and Judgement Day. And Gunter.

And the Brawling Brutes... and Damage Control... and Hit Row (just because there's only 2 male wrestlers in the group, doesn't mean they're not presented as a stable)... and New Day (still a stable/group even if Big E is injured currently).

3 stables per brand is a strong maximum; no reason to go beyond that.

30 minutes ago, Dr LBC said:

And the Brawling Brutes... and Damage Control... and Hit Row (just because there's only 2 male wrestlers in the group, doesn't mean they're not presented as a stable)... and New Day (still a stable/group even if Big E is injured currently).

3 stables per brand is a strong maximum; no reason to go beyond that.

Those stables aren't actual threats to Bloodline though.

If B-Fab doesn't wrestle, then it's not really a stable. It's just a tag team with a girl manager.
Big E might not ever wrestle again.
Damage Control can't really oppose Blood Line. Or any other stable since it's just 3 girls.
Brawling Brutes should just be a tag team of Sheamus and Ridge. Pete Dunne needs to get the hell out of there.
There's no other stable/faction that can realistically oppose The Bloodline currently in WWE. They also need to ditch the 3 man stable. You need 4 horses in the stable.

Edited by Jeezla