Lets Discuss All Things Wrestling - Even The T-Shirt Company AEW!

steelcurtain29

5 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

When the bidding war of 24 happens, if they handle it right, they should be re-signing their new FOTC.

HHH is going to write him a blank check and when he enters the Rumble at 30, the wrestling world is going to explode.

Edited by beekay414

4 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

Not a bad comparison at all of their situations. Although I’d say Hunter had shown alittle bit of acumen for the businesses side of wrestling at that point, while Sammy just seems like a spoiled punk. 

Had he really though?  I think that came not terribly long after that - basically at the end of the first year of DX (honestly, I think some of what Nash - always the proponent of "get yours" and "get what you feel you're worth" - had put in his ear started rubbing off and I think Rick Rude doesn't get enough credit for keying Hunter in on some things).  But really, I think Hunter had a short string of events that kind of swung him into the "right" direction (as in getting his stuff together), those including Owen's death and Shawn's forced/injury first retirement (the proverbial "he dropped the ball" and I'm picking it up promo).

Let me preface this by saying I'm a casual fan.  I'm not in any hotly trending internet wrestling groups or anything of the like. 

I'm REALLY excited about how this "potential" Bray Wyatt thing is going.  Haven't been this interested in ages.  I hope its him....

Which leads me to why I quoted potential.

Even after seeing Huskus the pig in the latest clue it seems painfully obvious.  I just wonder if they're setting us up for some BS to happen instead.  Like making it too obvious.  

Anyone else feel that way?  Any other second guessing going on?  

5 hours ago, Dr LBC said:

Had he really though?

I think so, especially in comparison to Sammy.

Now I’m not saying he was Arn Anderson or something at the time, and I’m sure the lore of this tale is exaggerated at this point, but his KOTR run being pulled from him due to the curtain call would have crippled most guys careers. Some guys would have never stuck it out and recovered to anything more than a lifetime midcarder anywhere in wrestling, much less still in WWE. And we would be seeing Kliq documentaries of how that moment was the guillotine to his career, while the others went on to be pillars of the Wars.

More simply put, Hunter obviously already had something in him before he went through that spoiled dbag run, that now has him running the biggest wrestling company in the world. Don’t think I will ever say that about Sammy Guevara

But I wouldn’t expect that from Sammy, not only is Hunter one in a million, but wrestlers just aren’t made that way anymore. Not that they don’t care about the business, there’s just so much other stuff they worry about (image/brand) than being a sponge to everyone else around them. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Totty said:

Anyone else feel that way?  Any other second guessing going on?  

There’s nothing wrong with knowing what the surprise is. Punk showing up on Rampage was the “worst kept secret” in the industry and was still a Huge moment.

The anticipation for Bray has been building since the minute he left our TVs. It’s completely fine that it’s basically confirmed it’s him. Other than a surprise Rumble entrance, it’s very hard to keep a debut/return secret. And that wouldn’t really work for his character. 

(also keep in mind, most of this is stil for the kids too, they don’t dig deep into the code of the websites or the coordinates and dates, they just see the stuff on TV and are drawn into the mystery, which is why the last few were so blatant about tonight at Extreme Rules)

The real mystery in this scenario is how is he going to show up? who is he showing up with? And what angle is he setting up off the bat? Those are all huge questions that may be answered in one fell swoop, or throughout the PPV, or even as a cliffhanger into Raw. 

Now, if this some how isn’t Wyatt/The Fiend, it would also be the biggest swerve in a long time in Wrestling, and while very disappointed, I’d also be impressed. Although that is at like a 0.01% chance right now. And even then, Wyatt would have to be involved in some capacity, at the very least creatively, which would be a large development in Hunters WWE in its own right. 

3 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

This is he we’re STARTING the show?? 

So much fun. Still no clue why we needed the bar and barrels with the long ridiculous name to it.

I've come to terms with the Donnybrook match - it's effective the same thing as a Bunkhouse Brawl was in WCW/NWA - a locale-themed (to the participants' origins) street fight.  I'm fine with the barrels and bar as just something different from incessant kendo sticks, trash cans, and stop signs.  Effectively the same as when they put barrels of hay and what not in the ring for Bunkhouse matches.  Also, given it only seems to be booked between Euros and specifically one of the sides being British/Irish, it shouldn't be showing up all that often so it can still maintain some feeling of being special.