Lets Discuss All Things Wrestling - Even The T-Shirt Company AEW!

steelcurtain29

21 hours ago, Jeezla said:

So how does Sami eventually get axed from the group?

I'm guessing one of the Uso's get's "hurt", so Sami fills in as the tag partner, but messes up and eats a pin, or Jey eats a pin, but blames it on Sami. I'm probably completely wrong though.

Something at survivor series.  With Roman and Usos both having unified titles, there won't be those title vs title matches so I expect them to be in the regular elimination style

1 hour ago, bcb1213 said:

Something at survivor series.  With Roman and Usos both having unified titles, there won't be those title vs title matches so I expect them to be in the regular elimination style

I'll be honest, I won't put it past Hunter to elevate War Games to Survivor Series this year.  I'm not sure there's the requisite talent/rivalries/character build at this point to pull it off in NXT.  And it would be a good way to re-acclimate Cody back in, because you could have him as a tie-in in both the intro (promo material and on whatever TV episode they would bring it up) and potentially guesting on commentary for it, to get him exposure, get him talking about Dusty (who invented the damn War Games match).

And if that's the case, I'd do a Team KO vs Bloodline War Games and, I'd want the Sami cutout to have gone down so that Sami is the hot reveal at the final team member of Team KO.

1 hour ago, Dr LBC said:

I'll be honest, I won't put it past Hunter to elevate War Games to Survivor Series this year.  I'm not sure there's the requisite talent/rivalries/character build at this point to pull it off in NXT.  And it would be a good way to re-acclimate Cody back in, because you could have him as a tie-in in both the intro (promo material and on whatever TV episode they would bring it up) and potentially guesting on commentary for it, to get him exposure, get him talking about Dusty (who invented the damn War Games match).

And if that's the case, I'd do a Team KO vs Bloodline War Games and, I'd want the Sami cutout to have gone down so that Sami is the hot reveal at the final team member of Team KO.

Team KO is a fun idea. I’m wondering who that would consist of. 

2 hours ago, JoshstraDaymus said:

Team KO is a fun idea. I’m wondering who that would consist of. 

Kind of depends.  One would assume people presumably messed over by the BL in the past.  So you've got Drew, Xavier Woods, possibly Carmello Hayes (if they bring him up), potentially the Profits, potentially Rollins (though it would be a bit of a hard fit).  I could see them potentially running with KO, Drew, and the Profits (with Angelo getting kayfabe injured and allowing them to bring in Sami as the last minute reveal).  Personally, I'd swap Drew for Woods, because the heel team always gets the man-advantage in War Games, and Woods can lead off, go for a good long while, and sell to great effect.  I also worry about KO and Tez in the same match with something incredibly high (like a cage - unless you do a closed-top cage), because both of them are going to want to jump off the top of it and only one should (otherwise it loses the specialness).

Other option entirely, is that you drag Sami in the BL out all the way through Survivor Series, have 5-man War Games teams like Crockett used to do, and have Sami either eat the pin (or... better story-telling, verbally submit) to lose for Team Bloodline.  That way Roman loses but he doesn't lose, you give KO (as a team captain) a strong reason to have claim to deserving a title shot.

Heck, it would be a bit of a clustereff and would requiring some suspending of disbelief, but I could write this scenario to where you can fairly easily (and convincingly) pull off the aforementioned  Roman loses a belt scenario.

Sami runs his mouth and end up making a claim that the Bloodline is so confident that they won't lose that if KO's team would win, Roman would give them a shot at the title.  You could have Pierce just as easily say it, but 1) this gives ammo against Sami, 2) this provides an easier opportunity for Heyman to stress a title, not both titles, later on.  At first the BL is upset, but Heyman eases them down, convincing them that they're a unit, the other team is all self-interested individuals who will fight over which among them even gets to try and attempt a pinfall, and they'll just pick the bones.

In the War Games match, KO submits Sami with a Sharpshooter (there are other ways I'd consider going with this, but I doubt they would; for instance, I might have KO single out Sami and hit him with so many repetitive high spots that Sami panic-begs-off and verbally quits without realizing what he just did.  In the melee and commotion of the after-match, Theory blindsides Roman with a weapon (the briefcase, something else, who knows) and cashes in.  Roman tries to no-sell Theory's attack, figuring that the rest of the Bloodline are already there to intercede and make sure him getting blindsided doesn't matter.  But, unbeknownst to him, others from Team KO distract the rest of the Bloodline - either by the tired, old post-match brawl where various everyone's "battle to the back" or thy actually make a thing of showing them physically restraining some of the Usos - but here's the kick... War Games always, for logical reasons, has multiple referees on site.  Theory hits his finisher on Roman, and we hear the announcement, "Kevin Owens is using his title shot opportunity."  Theory leans over the top rope to argue with the announcer/timekeeper's area in protest and turns around to be cut down by a spear from Roman that knocks him damn near halfway across the ring and into the corner.  Forcing Roman to have to stand to get to his body.  KO stunner to Roman... and he shoved him out of the ring entirely and pins Theory for the win.

Edited by Dr LBC

2 hours ago, JoshstraDaymus said:

Official: War Games will headline Survivor Series

That's dope. 
Almost definitely going to be bloodline vs ???? in the men's war game match.

Roman
Jimmy
Jey
Solo
Sami

Will they do 5 man teams? Or will Sami get ousted from the bloodline by Survivor Series, and be on team KO?

Or maybe it's Jimmy, Jey, Solo, and Sami while Roman supervises his team from outside the cage?

Edited by Jeezla

1 hour ago, Jeezla said:

That's dope. 
Almost definitely going to be bloodline vs ???? in the men's war game match.

Roman
Jimmy
Jey
Solo
Sami

Will they do 5 man teams? Or will Sami get ousted from the bloodline by Survivor Series, and be on team KO?

Or maybe it's Jimmy, Jey, Solo, and Sami while Roman supervises his team from outside the cage?

I have fantasy booked it in my head that the Bloodline is set to be one team and will fill out their team with their 4, but Sami wanting that last spot. Will have to face Jey Uso and inevitably lose, maybe get a beat down from there and we don't see Sami for awhile. KO forms a team, they're ready to go but someone gets injured or something like that the night of, revealing Sami as the last person for team KO

20 minutes ago, JoshstraDaymus said:

I have fantasy booked it in my head that the Bloodline is set to be one team and will fill out their team with their 4, but Sami wanting that last spot. Will have to face Jey Uso and inevitably lose, maybe get a beat down from there and we don't see Sami for awhile. KO forms a team, they're ready to go but someone gets injured or something like that the night of, revealing Sami as the last person for team KO

Trips said it won't be traditional SD vs Raw, so I'm guessing:

Bloodline
Roman 
Jimmy
Jey
Solo
w/Sami on the outside "supporting" his team 

Team KO
KO
A tag team (Street Profits? New Day? Creed Brothers?)
Ricochet

Maybe Riddle + Orton if Orton is ready to come back.

And there will be another "will he/wont he" spot with Sami potentially hitting KO with a weapon to help The Bloodline win or potentially joining KO and turning on the Bloodline.

Edited by Jeezla

15 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Trips said it won't be traditional SD vs Raw, so I'm guessing:

Bloodline
Roman 
Jimmy
Jey
Solo
w/Sami on the outside "supporting" his team 

Team KO
KO
A tag team (Street Profits? New Day? Creed Brothers?)
Ricochet

Maybe Riddle + Orton if Orton is ready to come back.

And there will be another "will he/wont he" spot with Sami potentially hitting KO with a weapon to help The Bloodline win or potentially joining KO and turning on the Bloodline.

You know whats funny? The New Day and the Usos hasn't happened in like... 8 months so at this point it's fresh. I however, don't think that's happening until Big E returns overall.

On 9/15/2022 at 12:58 PM, bcb1213 said:

Was it here or on Twitter that I saw the idea that since everyone but Sami has a belt, Sami goes and ratfinks his way to beating Dana Brooke for the 24/7 Title, shows up to Roman's dressing room with it, Roman's not there, but Jey takes the 24/7 Belt from Sami, chucks it in a trash can, and tells Sami, "Get out of here with that crap."

Kills 2 birds with one stone.

On 9/19/2022 at 1:17 PM, JoshstraDaymus said:

You know whats funny? The New Day and the Usos hasn't happened in like... 8 months so at this point it's fresh. I however, don't think that's happening until Big E returns overall.

Yeah, honestly I think Hunter is smart enough to save using the full New Day vs Bloodline as a War Games sort of thing until E is back and riding a hype high again.

Also, if I'm booking that match, I'm going for some element of comedy in it - not in the way the match is presented, but in the build-up that then make the fact that the match turns into Big E's favorite (Meaty Men Slapping Meat) all the stark contrast... Strowman is made into an ad hoc honorary New Day member for the event.  No, I'm not suggesting asking Braun to dance, because no one wants to see that.  But I get an all-kinds-of-wrong chuckle out of imagining Braun yelling (because he doesn't know any other way to communicate) "The POWER of POSITIVITY!"  New Day are good enough improvisers that you can actually make that an entertaining Perfect Strangers type team, a la Team Hell No.