Lets Discuss All Things Wrestling - Even The T-Shirt Company AEW!

steelcurtain29

6 minutes ago, Dr LBC said:

Was it here or on Twitter that I saw the idea that since everyone but Sami has a belt, Sami goes and ratfinks his way to beating Dana Brooke for the 24/7 Title, shows up to Roman's dressing room with it, Roman's not there, but Jey takes the 24/7 Belt from Sami, chucks it in a trash can, and tells Sami, "Get out of here with that crap."

Kills 2 birds with one stone.

twitter.  Sounds dumb unless they are finally getting rid of that belt for good

4 hours ago, Dr LBC said:

Was it here or on Twitter that I saw the idea that since everyone but Sami has a belt, Sami goes and ratfinks his way to beating Dana Brooke for the 24/7 Title, shows up to Roman's dressing room with it, Roman's not there, but Jey takes the 24/7 Belt from Sami, chucks it in a trash can, and tells Sami, "Get out of here with that crap."

Kills 2 birds with one stone.

Yes. Do this. Gets rid of that dumb knockoff wannabe Hardcore championship belt and fuels the storyline between Jey and Sami.

2 hours ago, Texansfan713 said:

on 2nd thought i wouldnt be surprised if it's Karrion Kross since he was known as the White Rabbit. 

read a theory, and its out there and highly unlikely, that all the people being brought back represent the funhouse characters and will be apart of Bray's new stable

Karrion Kross - Ramblin Rabbit

Scarlett - Abby

Dexter Lumis - Buzzard

19 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

read a theory, and its out there and highly unlikely, that all the people being brought back represent the funhouse characters and will be apart of Bray's new stable

Karrion Kross - Ramblin Rabbit

Scarlett - Abby

Dexter Lumis - Buzzard

I like the idea of Bray having a new stable as he comes back, but I really think they should leave any name out of it. They already screwed up Kross once, and they are atleast getting something going with his return, dont soil it by mixing him up with something else right now.

Id much rather it be a "faceless" stable, just people in all black wearing the masks of members of the Funhouse. You could have the 4 main ones; Whitch, Rabbit, Buzzard, Pig. They dont even have to be the same people playing them each week, because thats not important, its just that Bray has these creatures working for him. 

1 hour ago, bcb1213 said:

I may be in the minority, but I hope the fiend character is over.  It was fun, but I don't think it can be a long term thing

No, i'm with you.  It was fun when it happened, then Vince did what Vince does and overexposed it (the HIAC match where any normal person should have legitimately died wasn't it for me... it was the cartoonish, giant mallet) and effectively soaked it in lighter fluid and lit the match (ironic, because he had Orton do that to the Fiend, too).

I'd honestly take a slight shot at Ambrose's debut video for AEW and make it seem as though Bray's been locked away in an asylum and was broken out.  But honestly, I think some of this is going to depend on what horror movie Bray had in mind to write (when he stepped aside to do some independent movie acting, I believe he hinted at something like this).  And, as I recall (might have been from a Bo Dallas shoot interview), it came up in conversation that both Windham/Bray and Bo were big fans of the early Matt Borne Doink the Clown run when he was more like Stephen King's It, and the creepy clown.

I'd honestly just let Bray do Bray - Windham Rotunda is a pretty kooky cat in and of himself, he doesn't need to do some ethereal character to get over.  He can easily play up the "I'm a little crazy and not the way society expects me to be" angle because he literally is that way in real life.  He can be a really good candidate to let blur the line between in-character and out-of-character if they just give him the green light to do it.

2 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

Id much rather it be a "faceless" stable, just people in all black wearing the masks of members of the Funhouse. You could have the 4 main ones; Whitch, Rabbit, Buzzard, Pig. They dont even have to be the same people playing them each week, because thats not important, its just that Bray has these creatures working for him. 

This just feels too Funhouse Aces and Eights to me, though.  Plus, if these are supposed to be heels or taken serious as threats, the second Michael Cole starts referring to one of them as "Pig" and another as "Buzzard" that just goes out the window and we're into Retribution territory where the gimmick works against the talent trying to get over.

4 hours ago, Dr LBC said:

This just feels too Funhouse Aces and Eights to me, though.  Plus, if these are supposed to be heels or taken serious as threats, the second Michael Cole starts referring to one of them as "Pig" and another as "Buzzard" that just goes out the window and we're into Retribution territory where the gimmick works against the talent trying to get over.

That’s only if you ever plan to “reveal” them as someone. I’m saying don’t ever do that, hence why it doesn’t matter who is playing them on any given week.

I wouldn’t have them show up to surround the ring like A&8, they would just show up randomly, in the back, from under the ring, whatever. They are specters of the puppets from the Funhouse. possibly even more messed up versions (as that art of the Rabbit hints at) like the difference of how we see Bray in the Funhouse vs how we see the Fiend in real life  

But in the end, they are all just different manifestations of the Fiend, as we only get Bray in TV for a while, it’s how the Fiend is trying to control Bray as he tries to keep him buried in his psyche. If you ever did “unmask” they, they could even be established talent, but once the mask comes off, they go catatonic, as they are just being controlled, and the level of star that falls under control can grow and grow as the power grows

I get it’s not everyone’s cup of tea, but if Windham insists on keeping the Fiend as a thing, and WWE wants to reinstate a major supernatural force to replace the hole that the Undertaker has left, I think this is a much better way than they have before, without including (and possibly ruining) any other talent. Because if it doesn’t work, Bray can shake it off, and pivot to something else, while other talent may be hurt by that move if involved 

Edited by StLunatic88

40 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

That’s only if you ever plan to “reveal” them as someone. I’m saying don’t ever do that, hence why it doesn’t matter who is playing them on any given week.

I wouldn’t have them show up to surround the ring like A&8, they would just show up randomly, in the back, from under the ring, whatever. They are specters of the puppets from the Funhouse. possibly even more messed up versions (as that art of the Rabbit hints at) like the difference of how we see Bray in the Funhouse vs how we see the Fiend in real life  

But in the end, they are all just different manifestations of the Fiend, as we only get Bray in TV for a while, it’s how the Fiend is trying to control Bray as he tries to keep him buried in his psyche. If you ever did “unmask” they, they could even be established talent, but once the mask comes off, they go catatonic, as they are just being controlled, and the level of star that falls under control can grow and grow as the power grows

I get it’s not everyone’s cup of tea, but if Windham insists on keeping the Fiend as a thing, and WWE wants to reinstate a major supernatural force to replace the hole that the Undertaker has left, I think this is a much better way than they have before, without including (and possibly ruining) any other talent. Because if it doesn’t work, Bray can shake it off, and pivot to something else, while other talent may be hurt by that move if involved 

Thing is though, wasn't the last we saw of most of the critters in the Funhouse (particularly Ramblin' Rabbit) that they'd been ripped to shreds and stuffing?

I'd just strongly prefer that they steer clear of any supernatural stuff, period.  If, in order to visually represent something conceptual being experienced by a character to the audience you then have to use hokey special FX and what not, just don't.  I won't say it ruined the Undertaker character for me, because it would be near-impossible to ruin Taker's character, but that was due to the man behind the character.  But when they started using the lightning and the camera - that just happened to be inside the casket, even though when they had the lid of the casket splayed open everyone could clearly see there was no camera- inside the casket that put a video up on the Titantron, they started losing me.

Anything with Bray that would even be suggestively supernatural should only be done if there is also a very logical explanation as to why it could just be something natural happening and just the vibe of the moment is making it feel supernatural.

2 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

No opinions on Saraya fka Paige?

I'm reserving my opinions until I see how she's booked.  I know people have their favorites in the women's division, but since Sasha looks like she's not going to be showing up (and I'd argue this is a bigger potential impact than Sasha would have been anyway), this is quite literally the female equivalent of CM Punk being signed and should be booked/treated as such by Tony (legitimately, I'd take the book away from Kenny, because I'm not sure I'd trust him).  There's no talent on the female roster for AEW who should be deemed immune to doing the job for Saraya and for the first year, at least, there shouldn't be a whole lot of them booked to go over her unless by nefarious means or by "protected circumstances" (i.e. multi-woman matches where they win, but they pin an opponent that's not Saraya).

11 minutes ago, Dr LBC said:

I'm reserving my opinions until I see how she's booked.  I know people have their favorites in the women's division, but since Sasha looks like she's not going to be showing up (and I'd argue this is a bigger potential impact than Sasha would have been anyway), this is quite literally the female equivalent of CM Punk being signed and should be booked/treated as such by Tony (legitimately, I'd take the book away from Kenny, because I'm not sure I'd trust him).  There's no talent on the female roster for AEW who should be deemed immune to doing the job for Saraya and for the first year, at least, there shouldn't be a whole lot of them booked to go over her unless by nefarious means or by "protected circumstances" (i.e. multi-woman matches where they win, but they pin an opponent that's not Saraya).

Personally my dream book is her cutting a promo next week, only to be interrupted by Toni. Before Toni can say anything, have Saraya put her hand on her mic to lower it and say something to the effect of, I have no interest in an interim title, let me know when you have an actual title. 

So while they figure out how the whole Thunder Rosa situation (her odd injury timing, her potential backstage heat, etc) let her borderline squash people, a little like the start to Jade's career but less matches and stronger opponents. Throw previous failed big female debut at her like Ruby, Tay Melo, Madison Rayne, and maybe even Mercedes Martinez taking the loss as the ROH champ. 

If Rosa comes back, have Toni pull a slow and steady heel turn on Rosa. Win the unification under nefarious means. Rogue chair shot or something. Then during Saraya's next match, have Toni come out and cost Saraya her first match in AEW and then beat her down. Let that feud simmer a bit, have Toni avoid an actual match, but ultimately have Saraya take the title off of her.