Lets Discuss All Things Wrestling - Even The T-Shirt Company AEW!

steelcurtain29

On 11/16/2022 at 10:54 AM, StLunatic88 said:

Youre probably right. Its a shame its not Owens. But my bigger point was, unless its Cody, its not going to really move the needle

Except that I'm pretty positive they're not remotely ready to run him as a face, a way they could move the needle would be to go the "out-of-left-field" option as like when Taker joined the All-Americans team, replacing a kayfabe-injured Tatanka, in 1993 - and the only way I can think of doing that that also sets up potential feuds down the line for both Roman and Solo (that people would want to see) would be Gunther.

I don't think he'd move the needle, and also Pete/Butch alone already looks small next to Roman, but bringing up Tyler Bate, even as a tryout-elevation, would draw a pop and fit the tone.  But the most like, I agree, are Riddle, Braun, or maybe (and this might actually be the best of what there is) Lashley (especially if they move forward with the Rollins/Theory stuff as that kind of leaves Bobby without a partner to dance with).

• Like 1

Dynamite left some to be desired, which is not what you want to say on a go home show. 

• Claudio, Bryan, Sammy and Jericho will probably always give you a decent match, bare minimum, but this really feels like treading water at this point. If this is meant to be another layer of what might happen within the BCC, they have not delivered there. It also feels like this ROH Title match is way too overbooked. Honestly it probably feels better if Jericho announced it on this Wednesday, as one of the last adds to the card.
  • The Acclaimed music video was funny, glad we finally got Captain Insaneo back on camera. If they make the massive mistake of taking the belts off of them, I will be speechless. Not because of the wrestling/mark shock, but because of a mismanagement of the business stance. Its also time to pull the ripcord on Swerve in our Glory. They are too good to not be singles draws, and the whole breakup program should be must see TV. (they should also immediately pivot after to each of them in separate title hunts)
  • I love Joe, always will. Please get this ROH off the ground and give him the room to run wild one last time. He is getting bogged down in all this stuff. I am intrigued with Hobbs being added in here. This match actually has massive potential to surprise us.
  • It was great to see Top Flight back out there, Really hope they are big players in ROH tag title seen in the near future. AR Fox was fun too. Real solid challengers who you never were too worried about though. I liked the idea of that post match promo from Death Triangle, wasnt perfectly executed, but it doesnt hurt the hype for the match. 
  • Man does Ethan Page really NOT need Stokely. Get through this tournament, have Stokely mess up the title match at Winter is Coming, and separate Page from him immediately. Also, I really love Bandido, give me as much of him as possible.
  • I will never understand the random "Championship Eliminator" matches in AEW, but it really is a shame that they dont know how to build more than one women's PPV match at a time. I know Saraya is a big get, and a big deal, but they have just tossed the Storm/Hayter match to the side. Im WAY more interested in the title match than an exhibition return, and honestly, I think the AEW crowds are too.
  • I will always resent Punk for screwing up this moment to crown MJF. Moxley just puts a cap on it. Still wish MJF was sparring more with Regal, but we are here and it was a fine go home showdown. Im really hoping The Firm stuff is a red herring for Full Gear.
Edited by StLunatic88

14 hours ago, Dr LBC said:

I don't think he'd move the needle, and also Pete/Butch alone already looks small next to Roman, but bringing up Tyler Bate, even as a tryout-elevation, would draw a pop and fit the tone.  But the most like, I agree, are Riddle, Braun, or maybe (and this might actually be the best of what there is) Lashley (especially if they move forward with the Rollins/Theory stuff as that kind of leaves Bobby without a partner to dance with).

Im all for giving NXT guys alittle shine, Im just saying regardless who it would be, if its not Owens it will be a letdown (because of the Sami stuff)

Although, it does sound like they are still holding out hope that KO is available for Survivor Series. And in a War Games match, you can configure it so he doesnt need to do a whole lot, if he isnt in danger of making the injury worse. Im hoping that works out, maybe even write a Bloodline attack into the story before the match.

Full Gear Preview

• Championship Eliminator Semifinal: Brian Cage vs Ricky Starks*
    • Weird situation, but seems like they really want Starks vs Page in the finals, which is the correct booking. So pushing that to Dynamite kinda sucks for Page, so they better hype the **** out of it. You can even have the out clause for Starks, that hes doing it through injury, plus it was 3rd match in 6 days, while Page has had his feet up. Obviously Im saying Id Have Starks prevail on the pre-show, but Id also have Embassy beat him down as he celebrates, no run in help. Starks moves on, but you start to rebuild the RoH bower house stable.
  • AEW Tag-Team Championship: The Acclaimed (C) vs Swerve in our Glory
    • I said earlier that it would be absolutely disastrous if they pull these Belts off The Acclaimed, and I still believe that. But now word/photos of Bowens in a sling have me worried. I hope they are just working that brutal shoulder move from Swerve on Wednesday night, and its the same script they are playing with the knee injury previously, but again, Im worried. This needs to be the END for Swerve in our Glory, you cant keep stringing this out, we had hit the fork in the road like a month ago. I would go as far as having Lee straight up walk out on Swerve, leaving him to be pinned (then Billy giving him the FameAsser to pop the crowd). Swerve keeps trying to cheat, warned a few times from the ref, stopped by Billy, and even nowhere to be found in the corner when Lee needs him, because hes being "Sneaky Swerve". So when he does get in, and uses the Pliers (or whatever) to get a shot on Bowens, Lee wont tag in, he climbs down the stairs and walks up the ramp, setting up that program to start on Wednesday. 
  • TBS Championship: Jade Cargill (C) vs Nyla Rose
    • Feels like we need to have a real look at Jade, and what they are planning to do with her, but Im not sure that happens right now. Honestly Nyla stealing the Belt is the most interesting thing Jade has been part of in a long time. Id love to see something more than the repetitive paint by numbers, A-B-C-Pump Kick win for Jade, but Im not expecting it. We are approaching ****/get off the pot time with Jade, but not quite, I hope to be proven wrong and she gives an entertaining, although short match with Nyla
  • ROH Championship: Chris Jericho (C) v Sammy Guevara v Bryan Danielson v Claudio Castagnoli
    • Im still very confused on why this match is happening. If you would tell me its just to get these 4 on the PPV, and a bonus that you are flashing the ROH Title up with these names, ok fine Id accept that reasoning. But in storyline, it really feels like they lost the thread with the ROH title. People loved the Bandido match, they really liked Dalton Castle showing up, Cabana even got a pop (for other reasons, sure) but circling back to this, just seems odd. You havent even played up that Danielson WAS Ring of Honor. /End Rant. For this match, I have seem some interesting predictions, things like the "double win" where the Ref only sees Jercho's pin/submission of Sammy, and not Bryan getting one on the other side of the ring to Claudio. Which could be good, but it really puts you in a corner with the BCC that Im not sure they want to do yet. I would have Jericho be knocked down outside for a bit, Sammy gets double teamed , is down for a pin, and the hesitation of who is going for the pin between the BCC members, allows Jericho to hit Claudio with the bat, to toss Bryan through the ropes to the floor, and then get the quick pin on Sammy for the win. 
  • TNT Championship: Wardlow (C) vs Samoa Joe (C) vs Powerhouse Hobbs
    • Again, plenty of ways you could go here, but if you are just introducing Hobbs to take the pin in this match, you are halting all momentum that he may have right now. Id love to see Joe come out as the re-born badass hat we know he is, but that doesnt mean he has to win the TNT Title. Id have Joe step out of the ring, let the Hoss battle take place between the young bulls, then when the time is right, re-enter and absolutely clean house. He comes out absolutely dominant, taking out BOTH Hobbs and Wardlow. In the end, with both of those guys laid out on the mat, he screams in Wardlow's face again for disrespecting him, dumps Hobbs lifeless body ontop of Wardlow, and leaves the ring with HIS Title. Joe comes out as the badass, Hobbs gets the heat of a cheap win taking the belt as the heel, and Wardlow is chasing again, saying Hobbs wasnt truly the one who beat him. Joe can rip off another promo, that the only title that really matters is the ROH TV Title, because its the Belt around his waist, and he's the best. 
  • Britt Baker vs Saraya
    • I really dont know what this match is even going to be, because who knows what Saraya can do right now. I do have all the confidence that Britt loses though. Maybe they should make it due to missed-interference from Rebel? Start the breakup of Britt's little clique. That keeps Britt stronger in a loss, while believable that Saraya wins in her comeback. Gets the big crowd pop, and leads Britt right back out of the feud into her own internal squabble.
  • Steel Cage Match: 'Jungle' Jack Perry vs Luchasaurus w/ Christian
    • Talk about your feuds that have been drawn out. The Injuries to Christian played a major factor, so Im not blaming anyone, but lets make this the payoff match (for now). Give Jungle Jack the PPV win, and lets move both sides on here. The only way I see that not being the case, is if Christian is actually healthy and clear, and we get him taking off the Sling, and setting up the true battle between these two for the stretch rung of the rest of 2022. If Christian is still going to be shelved for another 3-4 months, I still say they should give him some authority-like power. Make him some type of GM, he can dominate on the Mic and have Lucha as his muscle to run down anyone on the roster. And when he is finally back in action, its a natural transition back to making life hell for Jack. Tony is not going to ever be able to be Vince, so I still dont know why we dont have any on screen power figure in AEW
  • AEW Womens Championship: Toni Storm (C) vs Jamie Hayter
    • I have this going on after the Britt/Saraya match, as the Title should be elevated over a standard showdown. But some stuff I have seen thrown out there makes me think it might be the other way around. I think Hayter is at Acclaimed level of fan support, and in usual AEW fashion they are going to miss the moment, because they are too focused on the Storm/Thunder Rosa thing whenever she actually shows up again. So if its going to be that way, I would have Hayter show really strong, and then losing the spotlight is when Britt and Rebel come down from the back. In the end having too much going on around ringside either distracts Hayter, or she takes an errant shot from Britt, possibly Britt even causes a DQ, but Hayter loses this Title match by the hand of Britt Baker to start them off on their feud, aftr which Hayter can still come back with a claim she never lost a fair titel match.
  • Trios-Tag Championship: Death Triangle (C) vs The Elite
    • There is the obvious pull to just go right back to the well and give The Elite the titles back. But I think it would set the division back, and send a bad message to everyone in the back (although not sure TK has the stones to hold their feet to the fire). BUT... I think there is a good way to give The Elite an Win, but keep the belts on Death Triangle and push their current story forward. It all revolves around that Ring Bell Hammer. Give us the great match we know they should, and after the series of back and forth near falls, Pac makes the move for the Hammer, and spikes Kenny between the eyes as he is trying to pull himself up on the ropes, but unlike in the past, the ref catches this happening and immediately Disqualifies DT, leaving Fenix and Penta in disbelief, as Pac raises all of there belts as he tries to stand over Kenny, while The Bucks start a post match scuffle. This sends Death Triangle into a spiral, ruins The Elite's rematch chance, and lets others be the ones that take the Trio's titles, and maybe The Elite take them from that group.
  • Jeff Jarrett & Jay Lethal vs Sting & Darby Allin
    • I really dont like this match. I think TK still thinks that Sting is a draw. But I think it needs to go on later incase they are running long and this can be cut down (or completely with a Satnam pre-match squash) But the two things that should come out of this are Sting/Allin lose sending Darby into a place that he finally sees that he has to leave Sting (how deep you want to go with that, is TBD) and Give Satnam something, literally ANYTHING to make him look like a monster, as he is a big fat nonfactor at this point. 
  • AEW World Championship: Jon Moxley (C) vs MJF
    • This HAS to be the crowning of MJF right? RIGHT?? Im just assuming that is where we are going, and then the intrigue is HOW do we get there. Here's my little pitch to end the night. Great match, back and forth, MJF uses everything from ringside that is dangerous, yet not illegal (steel steps, guardrail, wires, time table, ring post, apron, exposed turnbuckle) Atleast somebody is bloody (obviously) and as both are down picking themselves up for a 10 count, Stokely Hathaway makes his way out onto the stage. One by one, the rest of The Firm joins him out there, threatening to come take care of business. MJF is barking them down, telling them to stay up there, do not get involved. As they start their slow march down the rampway, the referee also joins Max in warning them to keep back, he even calls the "ringside security" to head them off at the pass. As this is happening on the entrance side of the ring, Regal climbs the stairs to back side to check on Moxley, as soon as Mox gets to his feet using the ring ropes, Regal reaches into his vest, to pull out the Brass Knucks. As he and Mox smile at each other, nodding as they look toward MJF who has stepped away from the commotion, turns to stop in his tracks, deer in headlights, as he sees what Regal has ready for him. When Mox turns back to take the Knucks, Regal plants one right to Mox's face. And Max just smiles... He drags Mox's limp body to the middle of the ring, cockily applies the pin and 1-2-3 he is your new AEW Champion. After dumping Mox's body out of the ring for the Firm to take care of, William Regal makes his way into the ring to put the Belt around the waist of MJF. We get this on Dynamite, Regal respects the accomplishments of the BCC members, but he just couldnt keep his true self trapped away any longer, because as we know, he is a proper villain in the end. Getting the celebration he deserves, confetti, trash talking to the cameras, I may even go off the air with the rest of the BCC (Claudio, Yuta, Bryan) trying to storm the ring only to scrap it up with The Firm as MJF is safe in the ring celebrating on the top turnbuckle, taunting them all.

3 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

Full Gear Preview

• Championship Eliminator Semifinal: Brian Cage vs Ricky Starks*
    • Weird situation, but seems like they really want Starks vs Page in the finals, which is the correct booking. So pushing that to Dynamite kinda sucks for Page, so they better hype the **** out of it. You can even have the out clause for Starks, that hes doing it through injury, plus it was 3rd match in 6 days, while Page has had his feet up. Obviously Im saying Id Have Starks prevail on the pre-show, but Id also have Embassy beat him down as he celebrates, no run in help. Starks moves on, but you start to rebuild the RoH bower house stable.
  • AEW Tag-Team Championship: The Acclaimed (C) vs Swerve in our Glory
    • I said earlier that it would be absolutely disastrous if they pull these Belts off The Acclaimed, and I still believe that. But now word/photos of Bowens in a sling have me worried. I hope they are just working that brutal shoulder move from Swerve on Wednesday night, and its the same script they are playing with the knee injury previously, but again, Im worried. This needs to be the END for Swerve in our Glory, you cant keep stringing this out, we had hit the fork in the road like a month ago. I would go as far as having Lee straight up walk out on Swerve, leaving him to be pinned (then Billy giving him the FameAsser to pop the crowd). Swerve keeps trying to cheat, warned a few times from the ref, stopped by Billy, and even nowhere to be found in the corner when Lee needs him, because hes being "Sneaky Swerve". So when he does get in, and uses the Pliers (or whatever) to get a shot on Bowens, Lee wont tag in, he climbs down the stairs and walks up the ramp, setting up that program to start on Wednesday. 
  • TBS Championship: Jade Cargill (C) vs Nyla Rose
    • Feels like we need to have a real look at Jade, and what they are planning to do with her, but Im not sure that happens right now. Honestly Nyla stealing the Belt is the most interesting thing Jade has been part of in a long time. Id love to see something more than the repetitive paint by numbers, A-B-C-Pump Kick win for Jade, but Im not expecting it. We are approaching ****/get off the pot time with Jade, but not quite, I hope to be proven wrong and she gives an entertaining, although short match with Nyla
  • ROH Championship: Chris Jericho (C) v Sammy Guevara v Bryan Danielson v Claudio Castagnoli
    • Im still very confused on why this match is happening. If you would tell me its just to get these 4 on the PPV, and a bonus that you are flashing the ROH Title up with these names, ok fine Id accept that reasoning. But in storyline, it really feels like they lost the thread with the ROH title. People loved the Bandido match, they really liked Dalton Castle showing up, Cabana even got a pop (for other reasons, sure) but circling back to this, just seems odd. You havent even played up that Danielson WAS Ring of Honor. /End Rant. For this match, I have seem some interesting predictions, things like the "double win" where the Ref only sees Jercho's pin/submission of Sammy, and not Bryan getting one on the other side of the ring to Claudio. Which could be good, but it really puts you in a corner with the BCC that Im not sure they want to do yet. I would have Jericho be knocked down outside for a bit, Sammy gets double teamed , is down for a pin, and the hesitation of who is going for the pin between the BCC members, allows Jericho to hit Claudio with the bat, to toss Bryan through the ropes to the floor, and then get the quick pin on Sammy for the win. 
  • TNT Championship: Wardlow (C) vs Samoa Joe (C) vs Powerhouse Hobbs
    • Again, plenty of ways you could go here, but if you are just introducing Hobbs to take the pin in this match, you are halting all momentum that he may have right now. Id love to see Joe come out as the re-born badass hat we know he is, but that doesnt mean he has to win the TNT Title. Id have Joe step out of the ring, let the Hoss battle take place between the young bulls, then when the time is right, re-enter and absolutely clean house. He comes out absolutely dominant, taking out BOTH Hobbs and Wardlow. In the end, with both of those guys laid out on the mat, he screams in Wardlow's face again for disrespecting him, dumps Hobbs lifeless body ontop of Wardlow, and leaves the ring with HIS Title. Joe comes out as the badass, Hobbs gets the heat of a cheap win taking the belt as the heel, and Wardlow is chasing again, saying Hobbs wasnt truly the one who beat him. Joe can rip off another promo, that the only title that really matters is the ROH TV Title, because its the Belt around his waist, and he's the best. 
  • Britt Baker vs Saraya
    • I really dont know what this match is even going to be, because who knows what Saraya can do right now. I do have all the confidence that Britt loses though. Maybe they should make it due to missed-interference from Rebel? Start the breakup of Britt's little clique. That keeps Britt stronger in a loss, while believable that Saraya wins in her comeback. Gets the big crowd pop, and leads Britt right back out of the feud into her own internal squabble.
  • Steel Cage Match: 'Jungle' Jack Perry vs Luchasaurus w/ Christian
    • Talk about your feuds that have been drawn out. The Injuries to Christian played a major factor, so Im not blaming anyone, but lets make this the payoff match (for now). Give Jungle Jack the PPV win, and lets move both sides on here. The only way I see that not being the case, is if Christian is actually healthy and clear, and we get him taking off the Sling, and setting up the true battle between these two for the stretch rung of the rest of 2022. If Christian is still going to be shelved for another 3-4 months, I still say they should give him some authority-like power. Make him some type of GM, he can dominate on the Mic and have Lucha as his muscle to run down anyone on the roster. And when he is finally back in action, its a natural transition back to making life hell for Jack. Tony is not going to ever be able to be Vince, so I still dont know why we dont have any on screen power figure in AEW
  • AEW Womens Championship: Toni Storm (C) vs Jamie Hayter
    • I have this going on after the Britt/Saraya match, as the Title should be elevated over a standard showdown. But some stuff I have seen thrown out there makes me think it might be the other way around. I think Hayter is at Acclaimed level of fan support, and in usual AEW fashion they are going to miss the moment, because they are too focused on the Storm/Thunder Rosa thing whenever she actually shows up again. So if its going to be that way, I would have Hayter show really strong, and then losing the spotlight is when Britt and Rebel come down from the back. In the end having too much going on around ringside either distracts Hayter, or she takes an errant shot from Britt, possibly Britt even causes a DQ, but Hayter loses this Title match by the hand of Britt Baker to start them off on their feud, aftr which Hayter can still come back with a claim she never lost a fair titel match.
  • Trios-Tag Championship: Death Triangle (C) vs The Elite
    • There is the obvious pull to just go right back to the well and give The Elite the titles back. But I think it would set the division back, and send a bad message to everyone in the back (although not sure TK has the stones to hold their feet to the fire). BUT... I think there is a good way to give The Elite an Win, but keep the belts on Death Triangle and push their current story forward. It all revolves around that Ring Bell Hammer. Give us the great match we know they should, and after the series of back and forth near falls, Pac makes the move for the Hammer, and spikes Kenny between the eyes as he is trying to pull himself up on the ropes, but unlike in the past, the ref catches this happening and immediately Disqualifies DT, leaving Fenix and Penta in disbelief, as Pac raises all of there belts as he tries to stand over Kenny, while The Bucks start a post match scuffle. This sends Death Triangle into a spiral, ruins The Elite's rematch chance, and lets others be the ones that take the Trio's titles, and maybe The Elite take them from that group.
  • Jeff Jarrett & Jay Lethal vs Sting & Darby Allin
    • I really dont like this match. I think TK still thinks that Sting is a draw. But I think it needs to go on later incase they are running long and this can be cut down (or completely with a Satnam pre-match squash) But the two things that should come out of this are Sting/Allin lose sending Darby into a place that he finally sees that he has to leave Sting (how deep you want to go with that, is TBD) and Give Satnam something, literally ANYTHING to make him look like a monster, as he is a big fat nonfactor at this point. 
  • AEW World Championship: Jon Moxley (C) vs MJF
    • This HAS to be the crowning of MJF right? RIGHT?? Im just assuming that is where we are going, and then the intrigue is HOW do we get there. Here's my little pitch to end the night. Great match, back and forth, MJF uses everything from ringside that is dangerous, yet not illegal (steel steps, guardrail, wires, time table, ring post, apron, exposed turnbuckle) Atleast somebody is bloody (obviously) and as both are down picking themselves up for a 10 count, Stokely Hathaway makes his way out onto the stage. One by one, the rest of The Firm joins him out there, threatening to come take care of business. MJF is barking them down, telling them to stay up there, do not get involved. As they start their slow march down the rampway, the referee also joins Max in warning them to keep back, he even calls the "ringside security" to head them off at the pass. As this is happening on the entrance side of the ring, Regal climbs the stairs to back side to check on Moxley, as soon as Mox gets to his feet using the ring ropes, Regal reaches into his vest, to pull out the Brass Knucks. As he and Mox smile at each other, nodding as they look toward MJF who has stepped away from the commotion, turns to stop in his tracks, deer in headlights, as he sees what Regal has ready for him. When Mox turns back to take the Knucks, Regal plants one right to Mox's face. And Max just smiles... He drags Mox's limp body to the middle of the ring, cockily applies the pin and 1-2-3 he is your new AEW Champion. After dumping Mox's body out of the ring for the Firm to take care of, William Regal makes his way into the ring to put the Belt around the waist of MJF. We get this on Dynamite, Regal respects the accomplishments of the BCC members, but he just couldnt keep his true self trapped away any longer, because as we know, he is a proper villain in the end. Getting the celebration he deserves, confetti, trash talking to the cameras, I may even go off the air with the rest of the BCC (Claudio, Yuta, Bryan) trying to storm the ring only to scrap it up with The Firm as MJF is safe in the ring celebrating on the top turnbuckle, taunting them all.

Mostly agree with this, though I'm relatively confident that's not how several of these matches end out.  The Trios match, the Bucks are going to crap all over Punk for the sheer reason that they can; we'll probably see the shine taken off the GTS (to treat it like just any other move) the way they have the Super Kick and the Tombstone.  I'd say even-money odds right now that they have Kenny bite one of the members of Death Triangle during this match as well - though I don't think Kenny is nearly as vindictive and petty as the Jacksons are.

I agree Max, even if he wins (and I'm still not certain they don't drag this out longer - as has been TK's style to a fault on more than one occasion), he has to remain heel.  And I'm not talking cool-guy heel that people are still cheering for because "we like heels."  I'm talking ECW Bubba Ray Dudley legitimately inciting guys to try and jump the rail and fight him.  Max has the chops to pull it off and stay committed to the bit to push the envelop even further when he singles out individuals in the audience for insults, they then cheer and ham it up because they get to be on TV, and then he drops the boom by pointing out how much of a pitiful  mark they are.  My only qualm with having Regal flip on the BCC is that they only way you really have him ever get comeuppance is for him to have to bump for one of them - and while I trust Danielson and Claudio to work in a manner that still protects him, I'm not sure I can say the same for Moxley and Yuta.  And, to be fair, while I know that Regal certainly can still take a bump or two (he's not a fragile old man; see the onset of the Cross/Joe feud in NXT), I really don't feel the need to see it.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Malfatron said:

Why is wwe letting reigns keep the belt for so long?

Because belts are props.  (And I don't doubt it's, in part, because AEW keeps hot-potato-ing their World Title around - by design or not - so much).  Differentiation is good business.  Also, it may be the one good thing Vince accomplished in the last decade.  Roman finally got (or at least is getting) over as a babyface... by going heel and getting booked as a badass with a clever schtick.  But, even then, he's still portrayed (regardless of reception) as a heel, so you have to have a requisite babyface star to dethrone him and those guys, for the moment, keep getting injured before a program can come to fruition.

6 hours ago, Dr LBC said:

Mostly agree with this, though I'm relatively confident that's not how several of these matches end out. 

Oh, I am under zero illusion that these will be the endings. Hope I get one or two correct, but this is just a mix of reading tea leaves and what I would do if I had the pen

Really enjoyed the Cage Match. Definitely had to get Jack over and man he looked messed up with all the dried/spilling blood at the end. Keeping Christian out of the second half does keep that door open for later, but let’s get Jack something new to do. 

I was PLEASANTLY surprised with many things tonight, first of all being the DT/Elite match. I was glad to see DT keep the belts, and the idea of a Best of 7 between these two trios is great. (Hope they get creative with the match endings though). Not the path I would have gone, but having Fenix us the Hammer is finally something there. A nice surprise and can really get us some good stuff among DT. 

Jade/Nyla was actually better than I thought it’d be. Still need to figure out/commit to what they are doing with Jade

Didn’t see a clean win coming for Jericho, but honestly might be better for him if they have a few more ROH champions on the run up to Final Battle. If he goes back to cheating there, gives them some respect in a way. Very good match regardless.

Man, Britt/Saraya really took the air out of that place. It’s great to see her back in, but once again seems like they completely overestimated what kind of draw Saraya’s return match would be. Also, unless they are actually going to use this loss as something (spiral/finding herself) that’s not a great way for Britt to take the L. In the place where W/L are supposed to matter, she just ate a clean pin from someone who hasn’t been in the ring for 5years. 

Crowd still hasn’t recovered for the Joe/Hobbs/Wardlow match. But man do I love some big boss action. Hobbs taking the KO isn’t my favorite here, but atleast it took both men to drop him, while also using the belt to drop Wardlow keeps him strong as well. And dang I love Joe looking awesome here. The double TV Champ is cool, but it does make the TNT belt look like a cheap toy compared to the ROH belt. 

(of everyone to take on Jericho, Ishii was near the bottom of my list. But hopefully this is where we can get Daniels involved)

(I am glad we are getting some Hager though, I personally don’t get the purple bucket hat thing, but it’s an internet thing I guess)

I respect that they love to do fun intros with Darby/Sting. But past that, they don’t do much for me anymore. (To be fair, Darby does, I would love a rocket strapped to him, it’s the Allin/Sting combo specifically) I am very happy that they FINALLY let Satnam be the monster. I was worried for a second with the Scorpion Death Drop spot, but it actually worked really well. Still don’t like them winning, it just means more of the same. But they atleast started to get Satnam over.

While the build was disappointing, atleast they gave the Woman’s Title match the respect it deserved going on late. (Side note; is it time for a new Women’s belt? I hate that the Women’s and AAC belts look the same) The crowd was hot for this one to start, Hayter is an organic fan favorite, and that’s impressive these days. I have to give credit where it is due, I thought TK was going to miss another moment, but they delivered. Although I don’t love the slight tainting of the win, but that’s a small quibble. (Also we need to drop the Interim stuff from AEW, I know why they do, but it’s not actually MMA, a call out when they are back is all that is needed, if they even still deserve it) Unfortunately the general wrestling audience has a limited attention span for women’s wrestling, so they need to cater these matches to that. 

I know that they only do 4/5 PPVs per year, which is great in a lot of ways. But they are making these things way too long. There next to no energy left for the Tag Title match. Of you slide Jade/Nyla and the Sting/Allin v Jarrett/Lethal onto the buy in, you don’t have to change a single thing, they are spectacles to bring in interest and your crowd is still probably hot all the way through. 

As for the match, it doesn’t mean anything, but I’m proud of myself for calling the Keith Lee walk out haha. Fine match, we had already seen the best these guys could give us. Hope The Acclaimed take a few week break while we establish who their next contenders are. (We all know it should be FTR), it would also be cool to see them interact with Keith, that they respect him, and whenever he’s done with Swerve, he’s got a Title shot against them whenever and with whoever he wants (don’t ever have to pay this off, but it’s a nice option to have after the Swerve/Lee showdown.

MJF had to walk out with the belt. I think a lot of people saw the Regal turn coming, but they Shute overbooked that ending. Mox is a great mainstay at the top, but it was beyond time for Max to be put on top. I personally enjoyed the digs at Pu k the past week or so for ruining this. MJFs presser afterwards may have been the best thing he did all night, make sure you watch that too.

Very good PPV, felt like most of the correct booking decisions were made, there is still a lot to build/resolve going forward.