The Batman

Acgott

On 3/6/2020 at 5:54 AM, THE DUKE said:

I remember defending that casting on this very site back then.  I knew Ledger had the chops to do something special.

The under rated guy nowadays I think we are going to get an all time kind of performance at some point in the future is Nicholas Hoult.

There's a number of them out there.

Honestly, I think for anyone that grew up with B:TAS, Kevin Conroy has set a standard that pretty much no one is going to be able to meet in terms of the expectation of how Batman's voice should sound.

Also, I'm still bitter about McDonald's being largely responsible for robbing us of Robin Williams as a Burton Riddler (which was the plan had Burton not been pulled from being able to complete his trilogy and Schumacher been given the reins).

• Like 1

On 3/8/2020 at 10:20 AM, AlexGreen#20 said:

Considering how weak his contemporaries are, (looking at you Tye Sheridan, and Taron Egerton) it seems like there's certainly a spot for him. 

Define "contemporaries."  He doesn't look it, but Hoult is a solid half-decade-plus (closer to a full decade than not) older than Sheridan and same age as Egerton, but he definitely feels older than him because he's been working far longer.  He doesn't have the build that people would probably prefer, but I wouldn't hate Hoult to be the one to replace Daniel Craig as Bond, because I do think he'd be capable of turning in a Dalton-esque kind of Bond, which was really underrated.

The producers behind the original (BBC) Skins were really phenomenal at identifying young talent (people forget that Dev Patel got his break on series 1 of that show)  - the bigger question for doing CBM's is whether they can passably drop their accent.  Joe Cole, for instance, has the acting chops (much more as a villain than a hero) but I don't think he can drop his accent well enough.  Sebastian de Souza is another really great and layered actor to come out of that show, but I don't know that he has a CBM future as he's more in the Rami Malek mold of actor.

I loved the trailer. Thought it was a great tease. I looked at Colin Farrell a bunch of times and still can’t see him in that makeup. Batman’s cowl was a little off for me. Gordon was great, surprised how open Batman is in his 2nd year with police.

• Like 1

Just now, Acgott said:

I loved the trailer. Thought it was a great tease. I looked at Colin Farrell a bunch of times and still can’t see him in that makeup. Batman’s cowl was a little off for me. Gordon was great, surprised how open Batman is in his 2nd year with police.

Was he not fighting a bunch of them in one clip?  Maybe there's a tenuous peace or at least circumstance-mandated ceasefire between them at that point in the movie. 

16 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Was he not fighting a bunch of them in one clip?  Maybe there's a tenuous peace or at least circumstance-mandated ceasefire between them at that point in the movie. 

I’m referring to when Batman walks into the crime scene, while they are still processing, and gets his birthday card.

Im sure there are corrupt cops, but that scene stood out to me.

Haven’t been following this movie at all given how disappointing the last few attempts at Batman have been. I include Nolan’s  Rises in that as well. But now I’m definitely intrigued. Glad to hear we’re getting more of Batman the detective, which was very rarely shown in the Nolan movies.

https://editorial.rottentomatoes.com/article/everything-we-know-about-the-batman/

Edited by Xenos

4 hours ago, Acgott said:

Where was Colin Farrel?

3 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

Who?

*looks up his picture*

...Who?

Keoghan is a good actor.  Especially in heavier roles.  Most people, if they've seen any of his stuff before will have seen him in Dunkirk or American Animals, though.