The Batman

Acgott

I love Ben Affleck but actually felt happy when it was revealed Batman was getting rebooted again after him. I thought every movie he was in as Batman was horrendous and he was probably my most meh Batman so far. Luckily I don’t remember Clooney’s Batman lol. I don’t know what could’ve happened in those terrible movies for you all to decide he was subliminally a good Batman lol. 

21 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

I love Ben Affleck but actually felt happy when it was revealed Batman was getting rebooted again after him. I thought every movie he was in as Batman was horrendous and he was probably my most meh Batman so far. Luckily I don’t remember Clooney’s Batman lol. I don’t know what could’ve happened in those terrible movies for you all to decide he was subliminally a good Batman lol

I mean most reviews pointed to him as the positive so it's not like it's some fringe take.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

I mean most reviews pointed to him as the positive so it's not like it's some fringe take.

This is so ridiculous to me though.  Every movie he played Batman in was crap. And every time I post about this all the fanboys throw up their arms about how great he was and how I'm just bias. I would say its the opposite, people that like Ben Affleck are just not wiling to admit his Batman sucked. 

The stupid looking Batsuit he fought Superman in, the our moms are both Martha statement, his repeat us of firearms, it all sucked. He was a terrible Batman.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

This is so ridiculous to me though.  Every movie he played Batman in was crap. And every time I post about this all the fanboys throw up their arms about how great he was and how I'm just bias. I would say its the opposite, people that like Ben Affleck are just not wiling to admit his Batman sucked. 

The stupid looking Batsuit he fought Superman in, the our moms are both Martha statement, his repeat us of firearms, it all sucked. He was a terrible Batman.

You are biased. You literally said he sucked because he's Ben Affleck. That's not objective in the slightest, it's bias. On top of that all you named were things he didn't have control over. It's laughably weak criticism. You simply can't handle the fact that your opinion is more disagreed with than not, and rightfully so.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

That was a joke.  I wasn't going to waste my time arguing against the fanboys there's no point. 

Writing off anything you disagree with as that person being a fanboy, when no one here has said they are a big Ben Affleck fan, is also a really bad take.

• Like 2

Just now, Bullet Club said:

Writing off anything you disagree with as that person being a fanboy, when no one here has said they are a big Ben Affleck fan, is also a really bad take.

2 hours ago, Ty21 said:

I love Ben Affleck

• Like 1

10 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

I think Reeves is nailing the atmosphere of the movie, but I'm not quite sold on how the story will come together. And while I fully agree that it is very nitpicky of me, some blatant complete suspension of physics here in a few spots. Bad enough that it was noticeable for me, and yes, I know this is a superhero movie, but don't tell me he's just a man and then have him do things that are impossible without super powers.

I do think Farrell might hit a home run as Penguin. Why all the secrecy of not showing Riddler's face?

You've basically described the history of Batman here, though. (And Iron Man and Black Widow and Green Arrow and Captain America and Hawkeye and Nightwing and Daredevil and any ringless Green Lantern and the squishy half of Cyborg and most of Bucky and...) And that's not even getting to the heroes that have a relatively specific power, but pick up some level of super strength or endurance or stamina or durability along with it, just because.

To me this is the first thing you have to suspend disbelief on to enjoy anything superhero related. My head canon has always just been that the bounds of human limitation are naturally higher in these universes. Otherwise literally everything falls apart, in any superhero media.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

That was a joke.  I wasn't going to waste my time arguing against the fanboys there's no point. 

You are such a laughable hypocrite.

You threw a hissy fit when I called you a Madden fanboy, and your fanboyism is much more blatant.   I actually thoroughly explain my takes, be it good or bad.   Ive never actually seen you back up your stances with any substance or objective reasoning.

I dont give a **** about Affleck.    There are numerous movies I didnt care for him in.  I never claimed you were a hater, despite just trashing Affleck a giving no reason for why he HIMSELF was so bad aside from "because he is Ben Affleck".   I just happen to think he was pretty good and wasnt the main issue and explained why I felt that way...but you claim he is so terrible, and every one who liked him is a fanboy?

Okay champ.

You seemingly have the critical thinking skills of a 5th grader.

Edited by 43M

57 minutes ago, 43M said:

You are such a laughable hypocrite.

You threw a hissy fit when I called you a Madden fanboy, and your fanboyism is much more blatant.   I actually thoroughly explain my takes, be it good or bad.   Ive never actually seen you back up your stances with any substance or objective reasoning.

I dont give a **** about Affleck.    There are numerous movies I didnt care for him in.  I never claimed you were a hater, despite just trashing Affleck a giving no reason for why he HIMSELF was so bad aside from "because he is Ben Affleck".   I just happen to think he was pretty good and wasnt the main issue and explained why I felt that way...but you claim he is so terrible, and every one who liked him is a fanboy?

Okay champ.

You seemingly have the critical thinking skills of a 5th grader.

I really don’t think I deserve this reaction from you.  I’ve posted nothing at all insulting you.