The Batman

Acgott

20 minutes ago, 43M said:

While he is a good actor and I am cautiously optimistic about The Batman, he doesn't actually look or seemingly play the part of Bruce Wayne at all.   The Batman parts look great, but every time they show him as Bruce Wayne, I am underwhelmed.    Its not necessarily Pattinson's fault, but the character just seems like a depressed emo based on the trailers.    Bruce Wayne has his brooding moments, but he doesnt walk around constantly looking all doom and gloom and seemingly lacking self confidence.

Maybe the trailers are a bit misleading, but Im not happy with how he was portrayed in the trailers.

Agreed.  Bruce Wayne is suppose to be an extremely confident rich guy, has charisma and can charm people, but also can be a bit of a **** as well. While we haven't seen the full Bruce Wayne scenes yet, his role screams full-on introvert with no charisma and lackluster confidence... but I guess we'll find out. 

1 hour ago, 43M said:

Maybe the trailers are a bit misleading, but Im not happy with how he was portrayed in the trailers.

I rewatched a lot of the Nolan trailers because I do think those flicks nailed Bruce's public face and it was a very similar issue. So I guess, reason to hope? For instance, the scene when in Begins when Bruce shows up with two chicks and gets wet with them is pure playboy happy go lucky Bruce but that scene in the trailer is him looking sad talking to Rachel. Similar thing in Dark Knight trailer they show the dinner with Rachel and Harvey but only serious faced Bruce. 

21 hours ago, 43M said:

Val Kilmer was pretty solid as Batman, and I wonder how good he could've been in a better film.

If Kilmer has Christopher Nolan directing him/writing the movie and not Joel Schumacher, then i'd put money down he would have been the best Batman.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Most movies are super underwhelming, even Marvel’s best imo, and Batman movies are usually interesting. 

I don't know, i'm pretty amped to go see the next Dr Strange on the big screen.  Probably the most excited i've been to see a movie in theaters since Endgame.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

I rewatched a lot of the Nolan trailers because I do think those flicks nailed Bruce's public face and it was a very similar issue. So I guess, reason to hope? For instance, the scene when in Begins when Bruce shows up with two chicks and gets wet with them is pure playboy happy go lucky Bruce but that scene in the trailer is him looking sad talking to Rachel. Similar thing in Dark Knight trailer they show the dinner with Rachel and Harvey but only serious faced Bruce. 

I remember Begins trailer emphasizing that Bruce Wayne playboy persona. That quote from Bruce still makes me laugh: “guy who dresses up like a bat definitely has issues”

6 minutes ago, Xenos said:

I remember Begins trailer emphasizing that Bruce Wayne playboy persona. That quote from Bruce still makes me laugh: “guy who dresses up like a bat definitely has issues”

emphasizing is the wrong word. There the one line stinger at the end of the trailer after the date announcement. Most of the trailer is him whining and complaining about his dead parents and how he wants vengeance. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, THE DUKE said:

If Kilmer has Christopher Nolan directing him/writing the movie and not Joel Schumacher, then i'd put money down he would have been the best Batman.

I dont disagree.

Even with Forevers issues, he had some great moments and lines.   This part showcases how good he could have been....

11 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

emphasizing is the wrong word. There the one line stinger at the end of the trailer after the date announcement. Most of the trailer is him whining and complaining about his dead parents and how he wants vengeance. 

Yeah you’re right. I think my memory was influenced by following Begins so closely at the time, including reading the leaked script beforehand. So I knew they were going to play up that persona unlike the Burton films. The stinger just resonated more in my head.

11 hours ago, 43M said:

I dont disagree.

Even with Forevers issues, he had some great moments and lines.   This part showcases how good he could have been....

Val was my favorite Batman as a kid. Hated when they replaced him with Clooney. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, 43M said:

While he is a good actor and I am cautiously optimistic about The Batman, he doesn't actually look or seemingly play the part of Bruce Wayne at all.   The Batman parts look great, but every time they show him as Bruce Wayne, I am underwhelmed.    Its not necessarily Pattinson's fault, but the character just seems like a depressed emo based on the trailers.    Bruce Wayne has his brooding moments, but he doesnt walk around constantly looking all doom and gloom and seemingly lacking self confidence.

But isn’t he supposed to be playing like a 26-27 year old Bruce Wayne? That confident, wise Bruce Wayne is something we always see sure, but it’s like 10 years later.