Marvel Mafia - The game is over, the Sinister Six have conquered Earth!

rackcs

51 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

We also allow talking during the night phases so it's different 

@Danger - this is a bit of a new wrinkle in some of the newer games, it makes the time pass a bit better.

72 hour days is a new one, though.

9 minutes ago, ET80 said:

@Danger - this is a bit of a new wrinkle in some of the newer games, it makes the time pass a bit better.

72 hour days is a new one, though.

I've already shortened the day phases. Also only the first day was going to be 72 hours, the others were going to be 48.

And the reason I have 36-48 hour days and 8-12 hour nights instead of 36 hour days and 8 hour nights or something like that is just so I can have some discretion in when I assign the deadline so that we don't have any phases ending at like 4 am when I and others are not awake.

On WF, we used to have the the earlier days in particular last for a longer period.  It allowed people to get into the game and have more interactions before things went forward.  Then day lengths would shorten as the game went on.  

But all of the things rack has posted are pretty well game tested.  It'll be okay.  

Just now, rackcs said:

I've already shortened the day phases. Also only the first day was going to be 72 hours, the others were going to be 48.

And the reason I have 36-48 hour days and 8-12 hour nights instead of 36 hour days and 8 hour nights or something like that is just so I can have some discretion in when I assign the deadline so that we don't have any phases ending at like 4 am when I and others are not awake.

That's better, but 48 is still kinda long. I'm not complaining, I'm actually looking forward to some changes like this.

4 minutes ago, ET80 said:

That's better, but 48 is still kinda long. I'm not complaining, I'm actually looking forward to some changes like this.

Good to know. I'm trying to find a balance between how I like to run things and how you guys do things here. The main thing for me though is I want everyone to enjoy the game so that's why I'm willing to be a bit flexible on some of this stuff.

1 minute ago, rackcs said:

Good to know. I'm trying to find a balance between how I like to run things and how you guys do things here. The main thing for me though is I want everyone to enjoy the game so that's why I'm willing to be a bit flexible on some of this stuff.

New is good, I think - nobody knew how @Whicker's open draft Mafia would go, but it was a huge hit.

So, let's try something new - worst possible outcome is somebody gets an additional bug up their butt and complaints, which is the norm in these parts.