2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

I’m opening up to the idea of attacking defense in the 1st, then letting Mayock do his thing and identify a WR to target later in the draft. Sucks we don’t have a 2nd because there will be some nice options where we would be picking.

Wonder what it would take to get back in the top 40. There’s going to be some legit WRs that fall. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Geezy said:

I’m opening up to the idea of attacking defense in the 1st, then letting Mayock do his thing and identify a WR to target later in the draft. Sucks we don’t have a 2nd because there will be some nice options where we would be picking.

Wonder what it would take to get back in the top 40. There’s going to be some legit WRs that fall. 

Yes I’m all on board for two defensive picks and a WR in the 3rd. We only need a starter at WR. We don’t need a true #1. 

12 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Yes I’m all on board for two defensive picks and a WR in the 3rd. We only need a starter at WR. We don’t need a true #1. 

What's your definition of a true #1?

I think we need consistent hands, some speed and a good route runner, has to be an outside guy IMO as Williams will always be a bit inconsistent and Hunter will always be a slot type guy so I feel we need a complimentary WR. Id like to pick up another excellent hands receiver later aswell, could be someone who falls due to disappointing 40 time maybe.

8 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Very good size for Simmons. 

Other guys that came in highly impressive were Gross Matos and Kinlaw as expected. Both have huge wingspans and 34 7/8 arms which is utterly ridiculous. 

I was expecting Simmons to be smaller, thats reassuring if we are thinking he'll fall to us. Kinlaw is growing on me day by day and may be my favourite player overall, I see him as a perfect fit for us.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

What's your definition of a true #1?

I think we need consistent hands, some speed and a good route runner, has to be an outside guy IMO as Williams will always be a bit inconsistent and Hunter will always be a slot type guy so I feel we need a complimentary WR. Id like to pick up another excellent hands receiver later aswell, could be someone who falls due to disappointing 40 time maybe.

We just need a good starter is what I’m saying. There is only like 12 #1’s in the NFL any given year. And it’s been proven time and time again that defense wins championships, rarely does drafting a WR in the 1st Round, especially Top 15, lead to a championship. I feel our Offense is already pretty stacked as it is and an Elite #1 could be used on defensive resources. 

Although if Jeudy is staring me in the face at 12, it’d be hard to say no. Really hard. But I’d draft Kinlaw/Brown/Okudah/Simmons over Jeudy. 

Edited by BayRaider

7 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

We just need a good starter is what I’m saying. There is only like 12 #1’s in the NFL any given year. And it’s been proven time and time again that defense wins championships, rarely does drafting a WR in the 1st Round, especially Top 15, lead to a championship. I feel our Offense is already pretty stacked as it is and an Elite #1 could be used on defensive resources. 

Although if Jeudy is staring me in the face at 12, it’d be hard to say no. Really hard. But I’d draft Kinlaw/Brown/Okudah/Simmons over Jeudy. 

I'm getting drawn more towards taking one of the 4 above (if they fall of course) then using our 19 on the best WR available, should be the #3 or #4 prospect like Ruggs or Lamb sat there. I think this draft will be very important to gauge value as some very good players will drop, Mayock could have a field day hopefully!

Edited by Darbsk
  • Like 1

Just now, Darbsk said:

I'm getting drawn more towards taking one of the 4 above (if they fall of course) then using our 19 on the best WR available, should be the #3 or #4 prospect like Ruggs or Lamb sat there. I think this draft will be very important to gauge value as some very good players will drop, Mayock could gave a field day hopefully!

Yes, I’m betting on Mayock. Feels good to have confidence going into the draft 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

I'm getting drawn more towards taking one of the 4 above (if they fall of course) then using our 19 on the best WR available, should be the #3 or #4 prospect like Ruggs or Lamb sat there. I think this draft will be very important to gauge value as some very good players will drop, Mayock could have a field day hopefully!

I'd consider taking Kinlaw at 12 if he's there and trading up 3-4 spots to get the guy at WR. If they end up being a #1, it'll be a small price to pay.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Who do you pick if all four are available? That's such a toughy because we have needs (equal in my opinion) at all levels of defense.

1 minute ago, doctordeath said:

Who do you pick if all four are available? That's such a toughy because we have needs (equal in my opinion) at all levels of defense.

Depends on FA, i think post -FA we’ll all have a clearer idea of what the Raiders will decide to do. Of course we could Get surprised as was the case last year with Ferrel. 

• Like 1