2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

1 hour ago, agarcia34 said:

This is ridiculous lol 

get Ruggs at 12 and don't think twice. Would hate to see him on Broncos, and worry about Ruggs and Hill every year. Not like Ruggs is undersized either, plus he plays with a mean streak. Kinda reminds of Jacobs in the sense, wasn't used as much in college because of talent on Bama. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Simmons I would expect a time around 4.45. Wouldn’t be surprised if it some how gets under 4.4. 

Raiders have to hope teams start the run on OTs and QBs in the draft for Simmons to fall. You never know with the draft tho. Really anything can happen. 

There are 6 OT needy teams that pick ahead of the Raiders. OT is very top heavy with the big 4 and a big drop off after them. Well see if teams get desperate and start to take them early. 

Im in the same exact boat at you... under/over @ 4.45  but if he broke out 4.39 I wouldn’t call myself shocked, nor would I be shocked if he did 4.52

51 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

I definitely think we should double dip at WR. 1st and 3rd.  Heck if we can pick up some picks in trade downs I’m not opposed to grabbing a 3rd WR too, assuming it’s good value.  

Wr1- ????, ???

wr2- T. Williams, Doss/Ateman

slotWR- Renfrow, maybe we put Zay Jones here? 

mayock is really talking like we won’t draft a WR in round 1 though.  

I think it's just smoke. You draft the best player that can help us. Ruggs, Jeudy, and Lamb are devastating weapons. We don't have another pick until 80ish so we're gonna miss on the 2nd round sweet spot unless we trade down. 

3 hours ago, 101Raider said:

I don't know man, Jacksonville closed out with some of the worst defensive play of any team in the league.  Their linebackers were a hot mess, even Jack looked bad... They have a bunch of needs, so there's that.  However, I wouldn't put it past them to simply draft the top defensive player to try to regain some semblance of their previous defensively strong team.

Bottom line, I think the Simmons  train ends at Jacksonville as I don't believe there's a chance he falls father.  If we really want him, I think we need to move up past the Jags

This is why we need to trade up with Arizona to get Simmons.  There’s 4 OT’s that are top 12 players... Wills, Thomas, Becton, and Wirfs... plus 2 WRs... Lamb, Jeudy.... they can drop to 12 and add picks and still get their guy.

6 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I think it's just smoke. You draft the best player that can help us. Ruggs, Jeudy, and Lamb are devastating weapons. We don't have another pick until 80ish so we're gonna miss on the 2nd round sweet spot unless we trade down. 

Yeah I don’t think we wait to 80 to get a WR.... if we don’t get one at 12 we’ll likely

Draft WR @ 19

Trade back from 19  to late 1st or early 2nd and  take a WR

• Like 1

Just now, jimkelly02 said:

Yeah I don’t think we wait to 80 to get a WR.... if we don’t get one at 12 we’ll likely

Draft WR @ 19

Trade back from 19  to late 1st or early 2nd and  take a WR

I think after the first 3 there is a gap. I think we do take one at 12 only because we will go super hard on defense in FA.

1 minute ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I think after the first 3 there is a gap. I think we do take one at 12 only because we will go super hard on defense in FA.

Yeah, it all comes down to what happens in FA.  

The people who want WR@12 are hoping for LBs and defense in general in FA whole those who want a Defensive player at 12 are hoping we add a WR in FA. 

• Like 1

Simmons and ruggs would be a nice first round. 

Faster and needs.

If Simmons gone. Small trade down at 12 or 19 is fine with me to grab a 2nd or additional 3rd.

Possibly trade down and draft queen in 20s

Edited by roi34
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, OG_C2X said:

I am going to watch a bunch of Tee Higgins tonight. I really wanted to see his 40 because he doesn't look slow on the field.

It’s the same myth with Lamb. In the game wearing gear they are fluid and play the position at an extremely high level at all times.  
If Simmons, Brown, and Jeudy are not there I hope we grab Lamb 

• Like 1

Ruggs and another wideout wideout like Pittman/Tyler Johnson in the 3rd. Would fix our needs on offense. Hard to address wideout market, just look who is hitting free agency. An average Robbie Anderson about to get paid like a stud WR1. 

Mayock former defensive player probably feels he can find talent on the defense throughout the draft. Just look at free agency, a lot of talent always on market on that side of the ball.

• Like 2