2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

1 hour ago, Devilshark69 said:

https://t.co/Ff2FvmuCDe mims doin his thing at the senior bowl, and btw, 6.66 3 cone is damn good agility, his blocking tape is pretty damn good too. anybody can link that little highlight video it would be greatly appreciated.

I really like Mims and pre combine thought he might be a steal in the late second or third round, he's not flying under the radar any more however!

Bryan Edwards and Van Jefferson I like as prospects who should be around later in the draft, Pittman too but he helped himself at the combine. So many options in the mid rounds!

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

Vic Tafur said he gets the sense Kinlaw is to raw for the Raiders and is more of what they already have inside. Look for them to add DT in FA. 

Kinlaw has more upside than any DT on the roster. Isn’t that the reason we brought in Marinelli? To groom young DL

• Like 1

3 hours ago, oakdb36 said:

If the draft goes like this:

1.CIN - Joe Burrow QB
2.WAS - Chase Young DE
3.DET - Jeff Okudah CB
4.NYG - Tristan Wirfs OT
5.MIA - Tua Tagovailoa QB
6.LAC - Justin Herbert QB
7.CAR - Derrick Brown DT
8.ARI - CeeDee Lamb WR
9.JAX - Isaiah Simmons LB
10.CLE - Mekhi Becton OT
11.NYJ - Jerry Jeudy WR

Who do you pick? No trade down.

First tackle selected. I love it. You obviously feel Wirfs is a better prospect than Becton.

• Like 1

1.CIN - Joe Burrow QB
2.WAS - Chase Young DE
3.DET - Jeff Okudah CB
4.NYG - Tristan Wirfs OT
7.CAR - Derrick Brown DT
8.ARI - CeeDee Lamb WR
10.CLE - Mekhi Becton OT
11.NYJ - Jerry Jeudy WR

Ruggs

• Like 1

1.CIN - Joe Burrow QB
2.WAS - Chase Young DE
3.DET - Jeff Okudah CB
4.NYG - Tristan Wirfs OT
7.CAR - Derrick Brown DT
8.ARI - CeeDee Lamb WR
10.CLE - Mekhi Becton OT
11.NYJ - Jerry Jeudy WR

I'll start by saying there's going to be a lot more T's in the top 11 go than 2 imo. This is almost the worst case scenario for me. People will be tempted to go either Kinlaw, Love or Ruggs I assume. I guess I would go Ruggs. 

1 hour ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I'll start by saying there's going to be a lot more T's in the top 11 go than 2 imo. This is almost the worst case scenario for me. People will be tempted to go either Kinlaw, Love or Ruggs I assume. I guess I would go Ruggs. 

A lot more tackles in the top 11, who and how many? I think 2 is about right

1 hour ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Hopefully someone else sees love available here and trades up to get him. Then we can grab a 2nd. Hopefully small trade back, head ruggs still and LB. Add 2nd. Use love hype

4 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

A lot more tackles in the top 11, who and how many? I think 2 is about right

Wills from Bama

Thomas from UGA

I can see them in the top 11 especially if teams feel they can address WR later with all of the depth available.

• Like 2

Justin Herbert is a Media Narrative. Just like Haskins was last year with all the Media-Heads having him go 6 to the Giants, until the final few days. I assume almost all teams had Haskins as a 2nd Round Grade. The media was comparing Murray and Haskins as 1a and 1b, and if you watched both their tape, that was laughable. Haskins was a Mid-Late 2nd Round type of talent. Dan Snyder fell in love with the hometown thing and he’s an idiot. 

Herbert is not going 6 to LAC like 80% of these mocks indicate (I mean I hope he does, that’d set the Chargers back years). Herberts range starts at 13 to the Colts and ends at 24 to the Saints 

I see his landing spots being:

18. Dolphins (if they don’t get Tua, but they will probably get Tua)

23. Patriots

24. Saints (this is where I currently mocked him, but I might have him go 19-20 with a trade in a future mock)

I am also ridiculously confident Love is drafted before Herbert. 

Edited by BayRaider

6 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I am also ridiculously confident Love is drafted before Herbert. 

You're also ridiculously parroting the post combine media circuit/twitter scouts who started this. I like Love and can easily see this because he's got a ton of tools and the success of Mahomes will have a team squinting to think they found him in Love. 

There is a segment of draft twitter and that love to bust on Herbert. It's become the cliché thing to do. 

I am an Oregon guy and that offense was a mess of concepts and execution. He went through 3 different offensive schemes/coaches at Oregon. 

He improved statistically in every category from the previous year. He can make throws that no other QB can make at the college level. He was a baseball player (like Mahomes) who can absolutely sling the ball. Like WOW throws on the boundary and on the run. Athletic, can sling it on the run, keeps working downfield with his eyes when pressured. And can make plays with his legs. 

His issue is consistency. He can miss some throws. But again, that offense and his WRs did him no favors last season.

Now if you want to question his mindset as a leader, because of his quiet nature that's fine. But skill wise, he's more polished than Love today and has as much upside as any QB in the class. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

You're also ridiculously parroting the post combine media circuit/twitter scouts who started this. I like Love and can easily see this because he's got a ton of tools and the success of Mahomes will have a team squinting to think they found him in Love. 

There is a segment of draft twitter and that love to bust on Herbert. It's become the cliché thing to do. 

I am an Oregon guy and that offense was a mess of concepts and execution. He went through 3 different offensive schemes/coaches at Oregon. 

He improved statistically in every category from the previous year. He can make throws that no other QB can make at the college level. He was a baseball player (like Mahomes) who can absolutely sling the ball. Like WOW throws on the boundary and on the run. Athletic, can sling it on the run, keeps working downfield with his eyes when pressured. And can make plays with his legs. 

His issue is consistency. He can miss some throws. But again, that offense and his WRs did him no favors last season.

Now if you want to question his mindset as a leader, because of his quiet nature that's fine. But skill wise, he's more polished than Love today and has as much upside as any QB in the class. 

I’m not parroting anyone. I’ve been confident Love goes before Herbert this entire off season, dating back to my first mock in Mid-Jan in the Mock Section. In none of my mocks has Herbert gone before Love. If anything, I thought the combine helped Herbert.