2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

9 hours ago, raidr4life said:

Actually not true tons of people mentioned Ruggs before the combine because of our need for speed.

Course, no argument but people still fall in love with a number. Can he beat press aswell as lamb? Speed is great when you can beat press and get to use it. If he has trouble getting off line, Carr already looking at next option.  

2 hours ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

I’m calling it now we’re going to trade back with the 12th picK and either get a second on the third. Then pick LB and CB  in the first and WR  in the second and third.

All depends on FA. If we go big on CB that need slides down. We did draft to CBS last year high too. Plus Joyner. 

17 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Let’s say Queen/Murray are not good value at 19, who do we pick at 19 if we pick a WR at 12? It’s an interesting debate. Outside of LB, you have a slew of prospects: CJ Henderson (do we need him if we sign Byron?), Ross Blacklock (one of my favs), etc. 

Also, what’s everyones out of no where pick? 

Mine would have to be Grant Delpit at 19 if he’s still there. Delpit-Abram has Legion of Boom type potential. Am I worried about Delpits tackling? Absolutely. But no prospect at Pick 19 is perfect. Delpits game outside of tackling, everything is Grade A. Phenomenal player. His tackling was solid in both playoff games as well. I’d like to get rid of Joyners contract completely. 

Interesting, I guess we might go CB at 19 if we think the LBs are not great enough value, McKinney might be another option based on our safety options if we keep Joyner at nickel. I can see Mayock liking a few CBs like Fulton or Diggs but my out of nowhere picks are Jaylon Johnson as I think he suits our philosophy to a tee as a physical, aggressive man corner and Zach Baun as I think he’d be a player who could be an ideal MLB in our system after learning a year alongside a guy like Burfict. Value wise I’d see them both as second rounders but you never know what actual GMs have them rated........

• Like 1

17 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

I was watching a PFF YT video on combine disappointments and they really have it to Brown! I get pff often sucks.  Nonetheless, it might be a valid point that he’s not athletic enough to be a high sack 3Tech and might just be a Good runstuffer.  I could see him disappointing and being like Marcell Dareus but slightly lighter and quicker.

I can see that, I think he’ll be a good day 1 starter but maybe he’ll only ever be a solid interior player. He has a high floor IMO but Kinlaw has the higher ceiling as a pass rusher though he doesn’t play with the leverage of Brown, he’ll be more boom and bust but I think that is precisely why we have guys like Marinelli in here to mould these high potential guys.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, roi34 said:

All depends on FA. If we go big on CB that need slides down. We did draft to CBS last year high too. Plus Joyner. 

This is the reason I’m saying that 

It’s early, but I certainly think there’s a lot of wideouts in this draft,” Mayock said. “It’s a deep wide receiver draft. Now, you have to be careful, especially the higher you go. Do yourself a favor and go look at (the history of the draft) and look at first-round wide receivers over the last 10 years. It’s sobering. And I think there’s some reasons why college wide receivers can struggle coming into the NFL. So I think you have to be careful. Everybody thinks if you draft a wide receiver in the first round it’s immediate production. It doesn’t necessarily mean that. Take a look at the numbers. So I think you have to be aware of what you’re facing and I think you have to be smart with what you’re doing.”

• Like 1

Ben Allbright did a mock last night for the top 15 and had the Raiders selecting Jeudy at 12. Said look at the WRs Gruden has had previously in Oakland and Tampa all similar builds to Jeudy and the fit makes a lot of sense. 

4 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Ben Allbright did a mock last night for the top 15 and had the Raiders selecting Jeudy at 12. Said look at the WRs Gruden has had previously in Oakland and Tampa all similar builds to Jeudy and the fit makes a lot of sense. 

Would love Jeudy! Depending on who’s available and fell but you cannot go wrong with Jeudy. 

• Like 3

If we were looking at safety in the draft other than the top 2 (Deloitte & McKinney)who would you look at? 

I really like Ashtyn Davis but pretty sure he’s gone before the 3rd round? 

Terrell Burgess Utah is a guy I was looking at in 4th/5th round. Combine might have pushed him up the boards though? 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Dessie said:

If we were looking at safety in the draft other than the top 2 (Deloitte & McKinney)who would you look at? 

Terrell Burgess Utah is a guy I was looking at in 4th/5th round. Combine might have pushed him up the boards though? 

Wouldn’t really on him as an immediate starter, but I’m intrigued with Jeremy Chins enormous athletic upside.

14 minutes ago, Dessie said:

Antoine Winefield Jr or Ashtyn Davis are my next two.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Dessie said:

I think all the Utah boys will equate to good pros, especially Annae.

17 minutes ago, Dessie said:

Antoine Winfield Jr, Jeremy Chinn, K'Von Wallace (S/CB).