2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

1 hour ago, G said:

Yes and I'm totally against trading 12. LOL Those late 2nds are SWEET SPOT for WR's and if all 3 WR's are there at 12 we can hopefully trade 19 & 81/4th to Tampa to jump Denver. (don't let Denver get a top 3 WR) I'd probably try and do that trade before announcing trading out of 12. LOL 

If no trade up, I'd prefer #1 in 2021 as mentioned above, but I'd still make that trade. 

We'd still get one of the top WR's and flipped 19 to 27 (CB), 81 to 61 and 121 to 64 and THAT looks like a better 'team' and I wouldn't rule out DE at 27 if YGM or Ep are there. I loved them at 19 before the draft and FA so I shouldn't forget that. 

My mock I’m flirting with trading #19 to det as they want to jump back in to get a qb and we get their #35? Plus 3rd and 4th

end up with first 3 rds of

1st rd #27(sea),

2nd rd (35 det), (59&64sea), 

3rd rd (67det), (80,81,91)

etc

mel’s mock draft for us is beyond a worst case scenario.

he tends to use his mocks to pump up some players, and Higgins definitely needs that as he’s slipped horribly, and also push the narrative thrust certain players are rising, which he’s doing with Henderson.

29 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Odds are that we won't get a good offer to trade back (it isn't common) so we should start figuring out who we want at 19.

Which is why I posted what I did a couple days ago, you’re all on the clock to figure it out. 

The best value play would be one of the defensive players falling to 12 like Brown, Okudah, Simmons and getting WR at 19. 

If we get Jeudy or Ruggs at 12, which is very possible, that’s where the value at 19 really dampens. But let’s assume we go WR at 12. 

We could draft a corner: AJ Terrell, Jaylon Johnson, or Kristian Fulton (Henderson will be gone, and I don’t want him anyways). People should think outside the box and not associate the mocks you’ve seen as a reason not to take Johnson/Terrell here. 

Queen and Murray are still options here. 

Grant Delpit was gone in the mock I suggested. 

Ross Blacklock is an option as well. Same issue as Terrell/Johnson, where you see Blacklock go in Mocks (usually 25-34) is not a true indicator of his value. It could be higher. 

Also, there will be at least one of: Jordan Love or Justin Herbert still on the board, possibly even both. Chargers are not drafting Herbert at 6 in my honest opinion, been saying that forever. Even the biggest Carr supporters in here have to admit the value of Love/Herbert at 19. Although I personally don’t like Herbert at all. 

So here’s the talent we have, if Delpit is gone:

CB AJ Terrell

CB Jaylon Johnson

CB Kristian Fulton

CB Jeff Gladney

3T Ross Blacklock

QB Jordan Love

QB Justin Herbert

LB Patrick Queen

LB Kenneth Murray

McKinney is untouchable for me, free safety in the 1st you better be excellent at single-high coverage. You guys can add him if you want though. 

So there’s a list for you guys to choose from. You’re on the clock. Hard decision!

Edited by BayRaider
  • Like 1

Terrell didn't play bad against chase at all. I'm pausing when the ball is in the air. He's in great position, but chase is being thrown open so well that I can't really put that on terrell.

If Mayock values speed/traits, he'll take Terrell. If he wants the higher floor, he'll take Jaylon Johnson. If he wants a slight boom/bust, he'll take kristian fulton. I still need to watch more of fulton. I haven't gotten a perfect feel for his game yet.

Edited by MrOaktown_56
  • Like 1

Just please no Fulton. I’d even take Henderson over Fulton if he’s there. 

Fulton is a classic Raider CB pick at this point. Rarely turns his head around, will be a penalty machine at the next level, and always playing catch up in a mass panic hysteria. Sounds like A LOT of our previous corners. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Odds are that we won't get a good offer to trade back (it isn't common) so we should start figuring out who we want at 19.

Think that really just depends on Jordan Love tbh. If he’s there at 19 I could see Indy trading up to jump Jacksonville and select him. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

We could draft a corner: AJ Terrell, Jaylon Johnson, or Kristian Fulton (Henderson will be gone, and I don’t want him anyways). People should think outside the box and not associate the mocks you’ve seen as a reason not to take Johnson/Terrell here. 

Queen and Murray are still options here. 

Grant Delpit was gone in the mock I suggested. 

Ross Blacklock is an option as well. Same issue as Terrell/Johnson, where you see Blacklock go in Mocks (usually 25-34) is not a true indicator of his value. It could be higher. 

I hate those type statements. Yes, he a player could go higher than expected or projected. Doesn't make it the right move, just means one team couldn't help themselves.

I don't want the Raiders to be that team that acts out of desperation and drafts a 2nd round talent at DB at 19 overall because for need. 

• Like 1