2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

The closer we get the more I want to see us trade up for Okuda.  A shut down type CB that has little holes in his game being compared to Revis is enticing.  Let the offense grow.  Or trade a 3 (dear God I can't believe I'm about to say this) for an available WR.  Or draft one in the mid rounds.  

Before anyone calls me out I've been all over the map this draft.  WR, DT, CB. ETC.  I think free agency kind of put things in perspective.  If two WR go early which is entirely possible... And Okuda is on the board at 7, I think we have to make that move.  

I feel more confident about finding a trade partner at 12 than at 19. After the first 16 picks or so the talent becomes too similar. I feel like teams know that and will want to keep their picks. My hope is we stay at 12 and take Lamb/Jeudy or trade up from 12 for Okudah or Brown.

• Like 3

I was having this conversation with my brother the last couple days...what is a better/ or more dangerous wr combo if we were to double down on wr first round:

1. Ruggs and Mims

or 

2. Lamb and Mims

Im thinking the first is more dangerous..but the 2nd is better..if that even makes sense.

Even though if you’d put a gun to my head today. I’m picking CeeDee Lamb. 

BUT if you watch his films..he does not get very much separation from CBs. I’m also not overly impressed with his route running ability.. Great end zone target. Outstanding hands..

is he a poor man’s DeAndre Hopkins like.?

or is he a rich man’s Michael Crabtree? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheMadStork said:

BUT if you watch his films..he does not get very much separation from CBs. I’m also not overly impressed with his route running ability.. Great end zone target. Outstanding hands..

I think he is DeVante Parker lite.  He is not as strong and a little smaller but play style is similar and I think Lamb will need a little time to succeed.

1 hour ago, raidr4life said:

I have a feeling Dolphins are going to give up #5,18,39 for Burrow and i'd probably take it if I'm CIN.

I think I would too.  I mean in a vacuum, I’d rather start an offense with Tua and Jeudy (#18 and #39 to us) than just Burrows. 

though for the Bengals, I’d try to trade up for one of the big 4 tackles. 

1 hour ago, TheMadStork said:

The separation argument is inaccurate. I've seen plenty of cutups of Lamb where he gets separation on curls/hitches, slants, double moves, etc. A lot of his contested catches come off of go routes/slot fades because he doesn't have elite speed and sometimes hurts just threw it up. It definitely doesn't mean he doesn't  get much separation.

I'll find plenty of other examples of this.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

what 3rd round LB you guys like the most if Cam Akers is gone? AJ Dillion/Zach Moss???

RB would be Eno Benjamin for me.
3rd round LB would be Willie Gay for coverage, but I'd think he's off our board for cheating on tests and his other off the fields, but we have some "bad boys" so maybe. Then the LB from Wyoming whose name is escaping me for a second for a balanced LB, and Troy Dye as another coverage one maybe at 91? Jordyn Brooks is cool too if we aren't looking for coverage and more so a Sio Moore-y gap shooter.

9 hours ago, roi34 said:

Tyler Johnson is nice prospect at wr too. Hasn't been held under 3 recs ever

Yeah Tyler Johnson is a bad man. If we don’t go WR in the 1st I’d love to get Pittman Jr. at 80 and Tyler Johnson at 91. I don’t think Pittman is going as high as people think. Don’t believe rumors this time of year. 

6 hours ago, NYRaider said:

One guy had him at 4.22 and the other had him at 4.28. I'll take the average of the 4.28 + his 4.48 at the combine and assume he's really a 4.38 guy.

Nah, I would never shave off more than .05 from combine time. Combine is done by non-bias people, people with plenty of experience, and total professionals. The players can make any excuse they want, bulked up (which they will all do in the NFL anyways) but I’d never shave off more than .05. Jalen is a 4.42 max. And that’s being generous. Probably 4.43 - 4.45. His speed doesn’t touch Ruggs III. 

5 hours ago, roi34 said:

Also hope 40 time hurts Zach moss fall to our final 3rd

100% agree. Just like Jacobs last year. I’d take Moss at 91 in a heartbeat. I have the Bills scooping him at 86 in my final mock though. 

3 hours ago, NYRaider said:

From an athletic/physical profile Moss actually compares pretty closely to Josh Jacobs.

Yes sir. Moss to me is like 60% Marshawn Lynch, 40% Josh Jacobs. He’s so similar to both of them. It’s like they had a baby. 

2 hours ago, raidr4life said:

I asked this before..

Ruggs, Pittman

or 

Lamb, Hamler

Ruggs/Pittman all day. Like you’ve said many times, that’s a deadly combination. Put Tyrell in the slot, oh boy....