2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

1 hour ago, jimkelly02 said:

That’s your opinion and certainly fine but i think he can be an elite defender and worth every penny.  His coverage is nice and all but I think he can be a 8-12 sack player.  I don’t feel we need a ton of roster spots filled and getting an elite player is worth it.

If you're going to trade up, you trade up for Okudah. A legit #1 CB is way more valuable than an off ball LB. 

• Like 1

Hey guys, new user, but I’ve been reading since the old forum. Never really had the time to post but under the current circumstances I have more time to engage and this draft is too exciting as far as possibilities goes. With talk of Mayock being hesitant to take a WR in round one, especially top 15, what defensive players are realistically worth taking over a WR1 (barring 1 of big 3 is available) at 12? The only one I can think of outside of Okudah, Simmons or Brown, maybe Kinlaw? 
I think best case scenario for me would be 12. Lamb /Jeudy

19. Terrell / Johnson 

but I wouldn’t be opposed to 

12. Kinlaw

19. Mims 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Marz_LVR said:

Hey guys, new user, but I’ve been reading since the old forum. Never really had the time to post but under the current circumstances I have more time to engage and this draft is too exciting as far as possibilities goes. With talk of Mayock being hesitant to take a WR in round one, especially top 15, what defensive players are realistically worth taking over a WR1 (barring 1 of big 3 is available) at 12? The only one I can think of outside of Okudah, Simmons or Brown, maybe Kinlaw? 
I think best case scenario for me would be 12. Lamb /Jeudy

19. Terrell / Johnson 

but I wouldn’t be opposed to 

12. Kinlaw

19. Mims 

If we stay put with our current two picks I'd prefer Lamb/Terrell or Henderson/Shenault. 

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

What starting level WR are we getting outside of the 2nd round this year? A ton of developmental guys but do those guys beat out Agholor or Jones for a roster spot?

I feel pretty confident Van Jefferson would beat one of Agholor and Jones for a roster spot. I think he's a player the Raiders will like due to his advanced route running. He probably doesn't have huge upside though.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Trading up for Simmons would be such a fail. He's going to be good but what role does he fill that players on our roster can't? Abram/Littleton do everything that Simmons would bring to our defense. We need to keep as much draft capital as possible and continue to build depth across the roster, giving up 3 picks for an off ball LB would be terrible value. 

It's statements like these that make me wonder...I can't wait for the draft to be off so everyone can stop micro managing there own GM thoughts on value and waste in their head and we can get to the on field applications of the players. Simmons VALUE is almost immeasurable and I can't wait to point that out as he wreaks offensive game plans and shuts down go to players. Of course, he needs to be used right but that is true of any player. Yes, we need a corner and a WR but more than that we need dynamic players. I really believe he will change the shape of things a team can do on defense.

• Like 3

Other draft rumors: 

• Jaguars love Derrick Brown and could look to trade down if he's off the board. 

• 49ers like Kinlaw and he could be their pick at #13. 

• Derrick Brown to the Giants at #4 is a real possibility. 

• Rumors that CJ Henderson isn't making it out of the top 12. 

• Teams like Chase Claypool as a potential TE convert and apparently he's TE1 on some teams boards. 

• CJ Henderson to Carolina at #7 is a real possibility. 

5 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

I feel pretty confident Van Jefferson would beat one of Agholor and Jones for a roster spot. I think he's a player the Raiders will like due to his advanced route running. He probably doesn't have huge upside though.

Van Jefferson is a Zay Jones clone.

1 minute ago, NightTrainLane said:

It's statements like these that make me wonder...I can't wait for the draft to be off so everyone can stop micro managing there own GM thoughts on value and waste in their head and we can get to the on field applications of the players. Simmons VALUE is almost immeasurable and I can't wait to point that out as he wreaks offensive game plans and shuts down go to players. Of course, he needs to be used right but that is true of any player. Yes, we need a corner and a WR but more than that we need dynamic players. I really believe he will change the shape of things a team can do on defense.

Again, a #1 CB >>> a dynamic off ball LB that doesn't really rush the passer. Simmons will be awesome with his range and coverage ability. We just signed Cory Littleton, one of the best linebackers in the league who will provide the exact same value as Simmons would.