Official 2020 WR Thread

CalhounLambeau

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

Agree here. Like late 1, as in KC and replaces Sammy Watkins he would flourish. But I do think if he stays healthy, year 2 he can line up at the X and be a go to in any offense. 

This is very possibly where he gets drafted, and why.  GB, NO and NE are also real possibilities.

On 2020-03-03 at 12:56 PM, Aztec Hammer said:

Justin Jefferson comparison?

Really like this guy, and that’s before the combine numbers. He’s smooth, great hands, can separate but is also able to make contested catches and adjust with the ball in the air. Really nice after the catch. Redzone threat. Slot mismatch which is something that thrives in today’s game.

Tyler Boyd or Cooper Kupp come to mind. 

12 hours ago, SmittyBacall said:

I have fallen for Denzel Mims. Man, is he good.

I know me an @Kiltman were the earliest on board, even before the Senior Bowl practices, but I'm not as high as some people are on him now. Partly because I'm just more resistant to vastly altering a prospects grade as much as others.

21 minutes ago, Danger said:

I know me an @Kiltman were the earliest on board, even before the Senior Bowl practices, but I'm not as high as some people are on him now. Partly because I'm just more resistant to vastly altering a prospects grade as much as others.

Call me crazy but I was touting him as the best WR since last year and was crazy disappointed he didnt come out. 

Coming into this season, all I heard about is how elite Jerry Jeudy is and how he could potentially be a top 5 pick.  Now, I'm looking at mock drafts and CeeDee Lamb is often ranked above him, if even slightly.  From what I understand, Jeudy's production kind of dipped a little bit partly because he's playing with two other first round WR talents.  But still, the way people talked about Jeudy's route running, quickness, hands, etc I thought it would be difficult for another receiver to pass him up.  Lamb had a great season in a pass heavy offense, but is he really better than Jeudy as a prospect?

I don't watch college football anywhere near as much as I used to.  I've seen both guys play (much more Jeudy than Lamb), but not enough to know a ton about them.

11 minutes ago, showtime said:

From what I understand, Jeudy's production kind of dipped a little bit partly because he's playing with three other first round WR talents.

Devonta Smith and Jaylen Waddle are both also first round talents IMO.

1 hour ago, Danger said:
14 hours ago, SmittyBacall said:

I have fallen for Denzel Mims. Man, is he good.

I didn't get why so many sites had him as a day 3..made no sense to me.

I was doing thedraftnetwork mocks in the fall (I only really watch college football for the draft) and was looking for a second receiver for the Eagles to draft.
At the time was hoping to double dip and get Ruggs and then a different type of wideout who could handle high volume. And watched Mims, thought maybe he had character issues or maybe I was only seeing some good games and he didnt look good elsewhere. But none of that was the case.

At this point he's the guy who should go WR4, and he has a higher floor than Ruggs.
Reagor will also go in the early 20s with him improving on his test numbers (40 time)

Mims' ceiling, I think, is he is Michael Thomas or Deandre Hopkins and makes some QB very very happy.

10 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Yeah that doesn't make sense to me. Maybe because he only runs 1 route basically? He's a ht/wt/spd freak tho.

Reagor will also go in the early 20s with him improving on his test numbers (40 time)

No he won't. Reagor would have been a 2nd day pick even if he ran a 4.3. He isn't in the same realm as Ruggs.

Mims' ceiling, I think, is he is Michael Thomas or Deandre Hopkins and makes some QB very very happy.

That is way too rich. Thomas and Hopkins are elite route runners. Mims runs 1 route. I think he's Demarryius Thomas.

18 minutes ago, showtime said:

Coming into this season, all I heard about is how elite Jerry Jeudy is and how he could potentially be a top 5 pick.  Now, I'm looking at mock drafts and CeeDee Lamb is often ranked above him, if even slightly.  From what I understand, Jeudy's production kind of dipped a little bit partly because he's playing with two other first round WR talents.  But still, the way people talked about Jeudy's route running, quickness, hands, etc I thought it would be difficult for another receiver to pass him up.  Lamb had a great season in a pass heavy offense, but is he really better than Jeudy as a prospect?

I don't watch college football anywhere near as much as I used to.  I've seen both guys play (much more Jeudy than Lamb), but not enough to know a ton about them.

I think Jeudy got unfortunately overhyped and overexposed.
He got that "next great WR" moniker and I think people thought he was Julio.
So when it got to the tape, he could do nothing but disappoint.

I think they are two flavors of WR and player.

Jeudy is a technician, he's quiet and just goes about his business. He's not going to be a spark for your team, but will just quietly run great routes and have a pretty good career
See; Marvin Harrison

Ceedee is a quick guy who go get the ball, accelerates really well and will get yards after the catch. He catches aggressively and plays with more of a chip on his shoulder. 
See; Deandre Hopkins

I think Ceedee's style naturally is more enticing to people during draft season. It's more fun to watch.

But they both should have really good careers, barring them getting stuck with subpar QB talents.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

I think he's Demarryius Thomas.

Demaryrius doesn’t have the balls skills or the body control to warrant the comp. That dude was stiff as a board.

11 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

Mims runs 1 route.

Baylor didn’t let him do much, but he’s a very capable route runner; he proved that Senior Bowl week and you can see flashes on tape. He’s a handful. What I probably like most about Mims - in addition to being a freaky athlete - is his nuanced understanding of how to create separation. He uses his body extremely well. He’s not just out their using his athleticism to get open against lesser athletes. 

He’s my favourite pick for Cincinnati at 33 right now, but I have a tough time seeing him get out of the 20s. Buffalo and Green Bay would be a really good fits. 

It’s really hard to gauge where the receivers go, especially given the depth at the position this year. Last year AJ Brown looked like a borderline first rounder, and went midway through the 2nd (same with Metcalf). And Brown was a really clean prospect that tested well. Who knows.

47 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:
1 hour ago, Kiltman said:

Yeah that doesn't make sense to me. Maybe because he only runs 1 route basically? He's a ht/wt/spd freak tho.

That is way too rich. Thomas and Hopkins are elite route runners. Mims runs 1 route. I think he's Demarryius Thomas.

I think this is a situation where he can only do what he's asked.
You watch his games and they basically used him 3 ways for the most part.
Quick inside slant, post routes, and a sideline comebacks. All ways the QB could throw the ball his way and minimize turnover risk.
As a result his tape is littered with plays where he is aggressively vacuuming in balls thrown away from him. This is what makes me draw those comps for the most part.

I didn't really see much that showed he doesn't have the flexibility to run the route tree nor any athletic hold ups that would limit him greatly.
I agree Hop's lower body strength/explosion was much more known from his time in college.

I agree it's a projection comp, but those two guys got to the league and proved that they were elite. Or else they would've gone earlier than 27 & 47.
Can see why you have the Thomas comp. But think it's cutting Mims short though.

No he won't. Reagor would have been a 2nd day pick even if he ran a 4.3. He isn't in the same realm as Ruggs.

Oh yeah, Ruggs will go early...at this point I think he could even be the 2nd one off the board. People love speed and there is always a need for it.
But the 20s have a lot of teams who are going to be looking at WRs

Eagles have a desperate need, Bills have a need, Pats need weapons all over, Saints continue to search for a 2nd wideout, Packers could use one opposite Davante Adams.

In the guys who round out the top 10 WRs. Mims/Reagor/Shenault/Jefferson/Aiyuk/Higgins/Hamler
I think with Mims and Reagor would be my safest bets to go 20-32 at this point. 
But I'm much less willing to die on the Reagor hill. I get the love, but can see the criticisms. It's more about those other guys than him.

I think Jeudy was a little less athletic than the pre-2019 season hype had him.  Lamb and Rugg's ceiling is higher, but Jeudy is the odds on favorite to have the best rookie year as long as he is in an at least somewhat decent QB sitiation.  I could easily see Jeudy putting up a 60-800-7 line this year.