Official 2020 WR Thread

CalhounLambeau

2 minutes ago, Trojan said:

Calvin Johnson scored a 41. Scrap the idea lol.

He seems to be the outlier

Tyreek Hill 27
Mike Evans 25
Andre Johnson 23
Michael Thomas 21
Amari Cooper 21
Keenan Allen 19
Marvin Harrison 19
Larry Fitz 18
Dez Bryant 16
Julio Jones 15
DJ Moore 15
Calvin Ridley 15
Reggie Wayne 13
Randy Moss 12
Tory Holt 11
Eric Moulds 11
AJ Green 10

42 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Slot wr's don't count

This isn't a legitimate argument when you were talking about JJAW struggling to learn the playbook. It sounds to me like that's more of a J.J. issue than a Wonderlic issue. Makes one question if he put the effort in as a rookie.

1 minute ago, jrry32 said:

This isn't a legitimate argument when you were talking about JJAW struggling to learn the playbook. It sounds to me like that's more of a J.J. issue than a Wonderlic issue. Makes one question if he put the effort in as a rookie.

I think he just sucks

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

I think he just sucks

Yeah, he struck me as a questionable pick. You're always playing with fire with guys who made a living posting people up in college and winning contested catches. That risk jumps significant when the guy is 6'2" on the button and not freakishly long. It's always safer to pick guys who have separation skills unless the contested catch WR is both long (6'4+" with long arms) and freakishly dominant at it in college. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Yeah, he struck me as a questionable pick. You're always playing with fire with guys who made a living posting people up in college and winning contested catches. That risk jumps significant when the guy is 6'2" on the button and not freakishly long. It's always safer to pick guys who have separation skills unless the contested catch WR is both long (6'4+" with long arms) and freakishly dominant at it in college. 

Howie is a good GM but there was literally no reason to take him over DK...

5 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Howie is a good GM but there was literally no reason to take him over DK...

Or McLaurin, who schooled everyone right in front of their scouting department's eyes at the Senior Bowl, who then ran a 4.3 and killed all the drills, while JJ sat out the combine. I bet JJ was a heck of an interview though.

Edited by Jeezla
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Mims. Elite contested catch guy. Can beat you with speed on the outside and bullies receivers with physicality. Shows nuance at the top of the route, but can get a lot better there. Huge upside. Projects very well as an upside player who can already contribute tons of value.

Reagor. Plays faster (this one is especially subjective, but he came into the combine way too heavy. Has been clocked at 22.7 mph so I know he's very very fast). More dynamic after the catch. Anecdotally, I saw him beat Okudah's press and was very impressed by it. Similar leaping ability. Was held back by horrific quarterback play. He played a lot outside and won there.

I have two big issues. I can't agree that Reagor has a high floor (we've already debated over speed).

I also disagree with some of what you said about Mims. I don't think he's an elite contested catch guy. And he doesn't show nuance at the top of the route. He's not a polished route runner. He has a lot of the same issues you see from many guys in college. His route tempo can give hints to his depth. He doesn't plant and explode. He rolls into his cuts. He opens his hips prematurely because his footwork is all over the place. He gets beat up too easily by press coverage. I don't want this to make it seem like I don't like Mims. From the traits standpoint, he has it all, except explosive acceleration imo. He's long/strong and has flashed a willingness to use his size to create separation. He's a strider who can separate vertically. He has the quickness to run routes well. His game simply isn't polished. You're taking a risk, but if his game develops, you have a guy with the traits to be a force.