Van Jefferson - 12

Laviska Shenault - 14

Denzel Mims - 17

Jalen Reagor - 13

Tee Higgins - 11

Justin Jefferson - 19

Jerry Jeudy - 9

CeeDee Lamb - 12

As you can see, my arbitrary cutoff was 20.

All the good wrs wow

35 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

The average score for Pro Bowl WRs last year was over 20. I picked 20 because it's a round number. As I said, it's an arbitrary cutoff. People can choose to assign whatever cutoff they want or ignore the results altogether.

I just took a practice wonderlic and got a 28.

Now if I can get my 40 down to sub 4.8, grow 4 inches, lose 10lbs, and increase my vert....I got a shot to make the CFL.

Edited by BStanRamFan
  • Like 2

56 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

The average score for Pro Bowl WRs last year was over 20.

21.6 according to Bob McGinn

Julio Jones (15), DeAndre Hopkins (17), Keenan Allen (19), Michael Thomas (21), Jarvis Landry (23), Mike Evans (25), Chris Godwin (26), Tyreek Hill (27)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

Given how well he showed at the senior bowl, you have to wonder if some of the perceived limitations on his route running were moreso bad design/play calling at Baylor.  He ran every route over senior bowl week and looked crisp doing it, and then backed that up with the best agility drill times in the combine.  Good size/strength, has good deep speed, and is a willing blocker.  I think the pendulum is swinging a bit much on Mims and people are over correcting his rapid rise in perceived value.  25-40 range is where he should go, so I won't fault a team for taking him any time after the teens.

Also, and in case this wasn't presented here..

I don’t think wonderlic outside of QBs means much. Historically wonderlics of QBs under 20 does not translate well on a purely passing spectrum, yes, exceptions like Marino at 16 but under 20 is usually not good for the NFL. And Super Bowl winning QB average is 30.7. 

However, under 15, for any position, seems horrific. It’s a concern, although a very small concern and I don’t think I’d factor it in, unless it was QB. 

Edited by BayRaider

7 hours ago, goldfishwars said:

He's definitely a weird prospect, can see why people would be down on the guy - he's running Go routes like 50% of the time. 

I didn't spend 10 minutes on Mims for exactly that reason. I'm more than happy to let others figure it out for me. I know my strengths and limitations. As soon as I watched him running the same route every time I gave up and moved on to somebody else

16 hours ago, NinerNation21 said:

D.K. Metcalf 2.0. If Mims doesn't go to a team that can fit to him as opposed to the other way around and vet QB who can quide him, I think he busts pretty quickly.

I just don't get that comp Mins had a 6.66 3 cone compared to Metcalf who ran a terrible one Mims has some wiggle.

10 hours ago, oldman9er said:

Also, and in case this wasn't presented here..

Well that is a valid justification for drops; and makes sense why senior year he cut his drop rate in half. I can't see Mims getting out of the first round when you look at his total package. 

Eagles

Vikings

Saints

Ravens

Packers

9ers (if they dont go one at 13)

are all landing spot for him. Too many landmines to avoid. I think minimum 5 wrs go round 1 now: Juedy/Lamb/Ruggs/Jefferson/Mims

9 hours ago, Awsi Dooger said:

I didn't spend 10 minutes on Mims for exactly that reason. I'm more than happy to let others figure it out for me. I know my strengths and limitations. As soon as I watched him running the same route every time I gave up and moved on to somebody else

It wasn't his fault the offense at Baylor said "run these routes only"; especially when he showcased a wide array of route running and nuance at the senior bowl.

3 hours ago, battle2heaven said:

Well that is a valid justification for drops; and makes sense why senior year he cut his drop rate in half. I can't see Mims getting out of the first round when you look at his total package. 

Someone will gamble on him.  There's just too much upside to ignore.  I think WR5 is up for grabs.  WR 1-4 seems to be set in some order of CeeDee Lamb, Jerry Jeduy, Henry Ruggs, and Justin Jefferson.  I'd venture a guess that Mims is WR5 for a lot of teams though.

8 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Someone will gamble on him.  There's just too much upside to ignore.  I think WR5 is up for grabs.  WR 1-4 seems to be set in some order of CeeDee Lamb, Jerry Jeduy, Henry Ruggs, and Justin Jefferson.  I'd venture a guess that Mims is WR5 for a lot of teams though.

As he should be, imo.