Official 2020 WR Thread

CalhounLambeau

21 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

Intriguing ability and speed, but very raw as far as route-running goes. Someone will need to be a bit patient. I would wait until the 2nd round.

Given how well he showed at the senior bowl, you have to wonder if some of the perceived limitations on his route running were moreso bad design/play calling at Baylor.  He ran every route over senior bowl week and looked crisp doing it, and then backed that up with the best agility drill times in the combine.  Good size/strength, has good deep speed, and is a willing blocker.  I think the pendulum is swinging a bit much on Mims and people are over correcting his rapid rise in perceived value.  25-40 range is where he should go, so I won't fault a team for taking him any time after the teens.

• Like 5

29 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

Intriguing ability and speed, but very raw as far as route-running goes. Someone will need to be a bit patient. I would wait until the 2nd round.

He was asked to run two routes in college, put on an absolute clinic at the Senior Bowl. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BleedTheClock said:

His good tape is basically Josh Gordon. 

He's definitely a weird prospect, can see why people would be down on the guy - he's running Go routes like 50% of the time. But my first proper close exposure to him was the Senior Bowl and I can't believe it's the same guy you see on tape. He ran a full-tree - shook dudes out of their cleats, had a whole bunch of releases off the line, jumped over other dudes. Really impressive interviewee too, obviously studies and thinks about the game a lot. He's not the average receiver we've seen coming out of Baylor. 

• Like 2

Here are the Wonderlic scores I've seen listed for the top WRs:

Good

Chase Claypool - 27

Michael Pittman - 29

Bryan Edwards - 28

Brandon Aiyuk - 23

Henry Ruggs - 20

Not Good

K.J. Hamler - 15

Van Jefferson - 12

Laviska Shenault - 14

Denzel Mims - 17

Jalen Reagor - 13

Tee Higgins - 11

Justin Jefferson - 19

Jerry Jeudy - 9

CeeDee Lamb - 12

As you can see, my arbitrary cutoff was 20.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Kampfgeist said:

There’s a long list of NFL great WRs that scored well below 20 on the Wonderlic incl Larry Fitzgerald, Randy Moss, Torry Holt, A.J. Green, Reggie Wayne, Terry Glenn, Det Bryant, etc.    

Avg score for WR’s is 17

The average score for Pro Bowl WRs last year was over 20. I picked 20 because it's a round number. As I said, it's an arbitrary cutoff. People can choose to assign whatever cutoff they want or ignore the results altogether.

• Like 1