Official 2020 DL/EDGE Thread

CalhounLambeau

3 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

I like him too. Think there's some interesting upside with him. Apparently he's only been playing DI for 2 years now too, so I'm confident his best football is ahead of him. Tight hips at times and his pad level consistency is definitely an issue, but you can see how naturally strong he is on reps where he stands almost straight up and still doesn't give ground to the double team. Underrated athlete too. A couple years of refinement with him could yield a team a hyper disruptive player on the interior imo. And his price tag is probably just a Late 2nd/Early 3rd Round pick.

I was beyond happy to see he's still just 21 years old too. Whenever you're dealing with Utah, Utah State, BYU, etc etc. The chance of a prospect being over aged is significantly higher. So while there's definitely some work to be done with him, I think he'll prove worthy of the investment. 

Yeah I was thinking year 3 (when he's still only 23) he could be a terror with the right coaching. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, YogiBiz said:

Hey why is nobody talking Leki Fotu. He has some intriguing athleticism. He gets off the ball in a hurry, and has jarring strength in hands. He moves really well for 330 lbs. he has good initial quickness. I have two gripes with him tho, he has some technique issues. If he works on staying low, he’ll be much better. My other issue is, is he looks too disciplined on tape (to the point of fault). He never breaks his gap assignment, even when the play is clearly not going his way and he should feasibly cut back to challenge the play from the back side. It could also be an IQ thing since even in a passing down, a savvy center can steer him to one side with out fearing his great quickness cutting back inside. But boy when a ball carrier goes to his gap it’s over for that runner.  

Low effort player IMO.

5 hours ago, YogiBiz said:

Hey why is nobody talking Leki Fotu. He has some intriguing athleticism. He gets off the ball in a hurry, and has jarring strength in hands. He moves really well for 330 lbs. he has good initial quickness. I have two gripes with him tho, he has some technique issues. If he works on staying low, he’ll be much better. My other issue is, is he looks too disciplined on tape (to the point of fault). He never breaks his gap assignment, even when the play is clearly not going his way and he should feasibly cut back to challenge the play from the back side. It could also be an IQ thing since even in a passing down, a savvy center can steer him to one side with out fearing his great quickness cutting back inside. But boy when a ball carrier goes to his gap it’s over for that runner.  

I've seen him discussed in various places. High upside developmental guy. I'd peg him as a 3rd rounder. Has Akiem Hicks sort of upside.

9 hours ago, YogiBiz said:

Because he didn't participate during Senior Bowl week due to injury. He'll get talked about during the combine, but he's basically Star Lotulelei, who was never anything special to me. I'm sure a lot of people would be happy with another Lotulelei though. Seems like the kind of guy the Steelers could take to replace Hargrave, and then he ends up being an above average starting NT for 5+ years. I like that his arms are 2+ inches longer than Bravvion Roys.

Edited by Jeezla
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Jeezla said:

Because he didn't participate during Senior Bowl week due to injury. He'll get talked about during the combine, but he's basically Star Lotulelei, who was never anything special to me. I'm sure a lot of people would be happy with another Lotulelei though. Seems like the kind of guy the Steelers could take to replace Hargrave, and then he ends up being an above average starting NT for 5+ years. I like that his arms are 2+ inches longer than Bravvion Roys.

Has Character red flags.  I agree that he drops to the 3rd unless teams do not care about character.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Chiefer said:

Ross Blacklock is so fast, just rockets into backfields and blockers. His feet are crazy he does like a jump cut speed rush swim move to the outside. Always fighting with his hands, releases pretty well. 

I expect him to do well at the combine 

Blacklocks first step is absolutely insane...  he certainly has the potential to be the next dominant 3T.