Anthony Davis traded to Lakers (Ball/Ingram/Hart/3 1sts)

NYRaider

Here's my opinion on some of the trade pieces:

Lonzo:  I'm really high on Lonzo.  Probably higher than most.  Elite court vision and has the potential to be an elite defender as well.  Non-traditional PG in the sense that he doesn't need to pound the basketball for 20 seconds in the shot clock.  He needs to really work on his shooting touch (which I think he will) and he needs to become a MUCH better free throw shooter.  I think Lonzo is going to be really good in this league.  Hopefully he can stay healthy from here on out.

Ingram:  Super talented.  Post all-star break, the guy put in a ton of damage.  He will benefit a lot from not playing with LeBron anymore.  I think he's pretty close to Jayson Tatum in terms of his potential and how great he can be.  Blood clot situation appears to be isolated and if it stays that way he'll be really good.

Hart:  Love him off the bench.  His shooting percentages weren't as good last season, but he can shoot the three ball.  He can give New Orleans about 20-25 minutes per game and about 12 points, which is really nice. 

Anytime you trade arguably a top 5 player in the league, you're not going to get fair value in return.  I think New Orleans got some real quality pieces to go with Zion, Holiday and the rest of that roster.  Can't wait to watch them next season, should be a lot of fun.

The Lakers have about $27 million in cap space.  I think they would be wise to fill the roster with quality role players.  Mostly three point shooters and defenders.  See if you can get any vets that are willing to take a discount to ring chase.  That would be a better move than signing Kemba or Kyrie, imo.

4 minutes ago, showtime said:

Here's my opinion on some of the trade pieces:

Lonzo:  I'm really high on Lonzo.  Probably higher than most.  Elite court vision and has the potential to be an elite defender as well.  Non-traditional PG in the sense that he doesn't need to pound the basketball for 20 seconds in the shot clock.  He needs to really work on his shooting touch (which I think he will) and he needs to become a MUCH better free throw shooter.  I think Lonzo is going to be really good in this league.  Hopefully he can stay healthy from here on out.

Ingram:  Super talented.  Post all-star break, the guy put in a ton of damage.  He will benefit a lot from not playing with LeBron anymore.  I think he's pretty close to Jayson Tatum in terms of his potential and how great he can be.  Blood clot situation appears to be isolated and if it stays that way he'll be really good.

Hart:  Love him off the bench.  His shooting percentages weren't as good last season, but he can shoot the three ball.  He can give New Orleans about 20-25 minutes per game and about 12 points, which is really nice. 

Anytime you trade arguably a top 5 player in the league, you're not going to get fair value in return.  I think New Orleans got some real quality pieces to go with Zion, Holiday and the rest of that roster.  Can't wait to watch them next season, should be a lot of fun.

They should look to flip Ball and #4 for another legit young player. Build around Zion/Ingram/Whoever they acquire for Ball + 4

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

They should look to flip Ball and #4 for another legit young player. Build around Zion/Ingram/Whoever they acquire for Ball + 4

That would work, too.  They have a lot of options and a bright future ahead of them.

If the rumors about the picks are true then this is a pretty good deal. I'm still not very high on Ingram and Lonzo, but they are young and could improve. If Griff is able to flip the 4th pick for a substantial return then this could get even better.

I still wish we got Tatum though. :P

2 minutes ago, Danger said:

Rather underwhelming return, Brandon Ingram has to become everything his potential is for this to not be a terrible deal for the Pels.

Players they got are underwhelming, but apparently they got control (pick swaps and such) over the Lakers draft for the next 6-7 years.