**TCMD** - Keeper Discussion Thread

ny92mike

14 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

The cap will be the biggest hurdle.  We've had two rounds and my team is roughly 3.5 in the hole after releasing several players already.  I'm sitting at an 85 man roster, but just looking at the additional players I'm still looking to add, I'm thinking that the cap is going to need to jump up another 40 million at least to house all this talent.  

It is a challenge to figure out what groups to pick, haven't done all that great in that category with the LA - INT Def and TB - INT Off line groups.  It's cool that just one pick and you've basically turned your team around.  

And while I haven't been awake to make a single pick with this morning time slot I do like knowing that my pick is the same time every day.  It slows it down a little but I'm cool with that.

Not sure if you guys have been paying attention to the simulated standings, but I've watched the Jets go from having a middle of the road defense to the top.  I've seen the Patriots adjust their sliders along with adding some talent to going 16-0.  The Eagles beefing up the run game to win an additional game, and the Lions push their way into a 12-4 record.

I know that I've got some things to fix with this simulation but I'm finding it pretty cool watching this stuff unfold as we draft these position groups.

Really wish all of you guys would open up a little more with a discussion, it's been like pulling teeth to get a conversation started around here.  I'm looking for feedback on this stuff so that we can make it better for the one we are planning come late Sept.

I feel like I am kind of behind on how this all works. I'm just going to go through the process of how you've laid it all out, look at the big picture and then give suggestions. Have to admit I'm a touch lost but also time has been limited to really play with stuff. 

19 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I feel like I am kind of behind on how this all works. I'm just going to go through the process of how you've laid it all out, look at the big picture and then give suggestions. Have to admit I'm a touch lost but also time has been limited to really play with stuff. 

I get that and perhaps I'm trying to get feedback too early.  Excited I guess at the potential of it is all.

I know that the simulation side of things is pretty cloudy mainly because none of you have access to how it works and trying to explain it would just make it worse.  I really need a course in technical writing.  

Waiting til the end of this is fine and probably best to be honest, I've just spent a tremendous amount of time on this project, primarily on the simulation side and I've noticed that some have toyed around with the sliders but haven't commented on it.  The grades for these positions aren't my final attempt so I know that there is work to be done with this but I find it cool to watch the standings change as these players are added and dropped from rosters.  So if you haven't paid any attention to it, give it a look it's kinda cool.

You can find this stuff in the team workbooks under the sheet name "Team Simulation Info". 

Get fired up or at least smoke a little....haha. 

So I'm trying to figure out how many teams should make the playoffs w/ this 16 team league.

I'm thinking somewhere between 6 & 8.  Any recommendations?

With 4 four team divisions = 2 8 team conf.

6 team playoff would be the top 3 seeds from each conf.

8 team playoff league would allow us to take the top seed from each division or the top 4 seeds from each conf.

Again recommendations please.  I know some of you guys have been doing the Bizarro Dynasty League and probably have some opinions on the matter.

My preference would be the 8 team playoff league taking the top seed from each division to create the playoffs, but I'm open to which ever gets the most votes.

@TedLavie

@cortes02

@wwhickok

@Counselor

@winitall

@squire12

@samsel23

@Deadpulse

@SirA1

@bcb1213

@EaglesPeteC

@DTMW78

@mike23md

Edited by ny92mike

Also, I know you guys haven't seen much of how the Simulation to get the standings works but if you had your choice and I'm able to make it work without any issues, would you prefer to have the ability to create your depth chart manually, rather than just totaling the individual stats to generate the team stats, which is what I'm using to formulate the scores/standings?  

Basically what the system is doing right now is adding up the stats from the players on your roster to generate a team stat that is used to generate a point system.  If I could work it out the depth chart would be created in your team workbook manually.  It would take 80% of your starters stats along with 20% of the combined backup stats to create the team stats used to simulate the standings.  There is a ton of moving parts to make this work but I think it would be better.  I'd have to figure some things out for players listed on the depth charts that are out of position.  Wouldn't be far to list a receiver at TE.

Let me know what you think.  I know @bcb1213 would like to include more pff data which could be something to work in to help out with blocking grades for running backs and other positions.

8 hours ago, ny92mike said:

The cap will be the biggest hurdle.  We've had two rounds and my team is roughly 3.5 in the hole after releasing several players already.  I'm sitting at an 85 man roster, but just looking at the additional players I'm still looking to add, I'm thinking that the cap is going to need to jump up another 40 million at least to house all this talent.

3.5, that's it??  If I'm looking at my available cap space in my workbook correctly I'm currently 61 million in the hole.  If the cap doesn't go up, I'm going to have to make a ton of cuts or get creative with trades. 

8 hours ago, ny92mike said:

Not sure if you guys have been paying attention to the simulated standings, but I've watched the Jets go from having a middle of the road defense to the top.  I've seen the Patriots adjust their sliders along with adding some talent to going 16-0.  The Eagles beefing up the run game to win an additional game, and the Lions push their way into a 12-4 record.

I've been playing with the sliders a little but it seems no matter what I do my team record remains 10-6.  I do have to admit that I'm totally lost with the defensive sliders.  I thought that now that I have Myles Garrett / Joey Bosa / Melvin Ingram / Olivier Vernon as my edge rushers that if I raised my edge defense slider higher it would make an impact but it hasn't done anything.  How do the defensive sliders work exactly?  If you have a higher edge defense percentage, does that mean your defense is more pass rush oriented?  If you have a higher interior defense percentage, does it mean your defense is more run defense oriented?  Like I said, I'm confused by the defensive sliders.

7 hours ago, ny92mike said:

So I'm trying to figure out how many teams should make the playoffs w/ this 16 team league.

I'm thinking somewhere between 6 & 8.  Any recommendations?

I'm cool with 8 teams. This is for fun so why not have 1/2 the league participate in the playoffs.

7 hours ago, ny92mike said:

Also, I know you guys haven't seen much of how the Simulation to get the standings works but if you had your choice and I'm able to make it work without any issues, would you prefer to have the ability to create your depth chart manually, rather than just totaling the individual stats to generate the team stats, which is what I'm using to formulate the scores/standings?

I would like to have the ability to create my depth chart manually.  The 80% of your starters stats along with 20% of the combined backup stats sounds good to me also.

Peace!!!

Edited by cortes02

3 minutes ago, cortes02 said:

3.5, that's it??  If I'm looking at my available cap space in my workbook correctly I'm currently 61 million in the hole.  If the cap doesn't go up, I'm going to have to make a ton of cuts or get creative with trades. 

I've been playing with the sliders a little but it seems no matter what I do my team record remains 10-6.  I do have to admit that I'm totally lost with the defensive sliders.  I thought that now that I have Myles Garrett / Joey Bosa / Melvin Ingram / Olivier Vernon as my edge rushers that if I raised my edge defense slider higher it would make an impact but it hasn't done anything.  How do the defensive sliders work exactly?  If you have a higher edge defense percentage, does that mean your defense is more pass rush oriented?  If you have a higher interior defense percentage, does it mean your defense is more run defense oriented?  Like I said, I'm confused by the defensive sliders.

I'm cool with 8 teams. This is for fun so why not have 1/2 the league participate in the playoffs.

I would like to have the ability to create my depth chart manually.  The 80% of your starters stats along with 20% of the combined backup stats sounds good to me also.

Peace!!!

I agree fully with this 

37 minutes ago, cortes02 said:

Peace!!!

This all depends on the 80/20. I see zero reason while our backup qb and OL should matter when they wouldn't see the field in a real game 

36 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

Idk what happened to the positions available sheet but can we put it back to how it was?

I have to admit I liked how it was previously with the groupings by position instead of by team how it is now.

Peace!!!

• Like 1