Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
RaidersAreOne

Former NFL QB Jared Lorenzen dies (Age 38)

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Was apparently battling kidney and liver issues. He was probably better known for as the Hefty Lefty.

SecretBrownEelelephant-size_restricted.g

Unless this was a genetic predisposition, I'd wager this is likely alcohol and unhealthy diet related which his physique would certainly support.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If he was around today, they might call him 'the mountain that throws'

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Really sad

Edited by turtle28

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

, and his senior year they had him lining up to catch passes which was, yeah

Lol they really tried to do that some?

And thanks for the info, I knew I had it in my head that somethings had changed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Cadmus said:

 

Such a fun player to watch. 

RIP big guy. 

Damn great collection of highlights. I still remember there was a game where he was held up like he was in there a couple times. And he threw with his right hand, but he did it twice in one game and it worked both times lol. I'm pretty sure that was my introduction to Jared actually.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know he's passed and we shouldn't tease too much but this Reddit comment train coming up with nicknames I just saw was too good not to share

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/4/2019 at 2:17 AM, The LBC said:

Unless this was a genetic predisposition, I'd wager this is likely alcohol and unhealthy diet related which his physique would certainly support.

gotta change your username to dr. deduction 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, FinneasGage said:

gotta change your username to dr. deduction 

I'm not that kind of doctor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/3/2019 at 4:18 PM, Danger said:
On 7/3/2019 at 3:17 PM, RaidersAreOne said:

Was apparently battling kidney and liver issues. He was probably better known for as the Hefty Lefty.

SecretBrownEelelephant-size_restricted.g

Hefty Lefty Pillsbury Throwboy.

Hefty Lefty Pillsbury Throwboy.  The Round Mound of Touchdown

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm really disappointed that I never knew about this guy because I'm sure I would have been a huge fan of his.  It's always fun to cheer for the big guys when they get the ball in their hands.  Which team drafted him?  I remember the name but that's about it.  So sorry to hear he died so young.  :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If I had to guess the kidney issues stemmed from hypertension and diabetes (usually do), and the liver from having a fatty liver disease (on the rise). So sad, exciting player, and I've always heard of him being a good person. RIP young man. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

I'm really disappointed that I never knew about this guy because I'm sure I would have been a huge fan of his.  It's always fun to cheer for the big guys when they get the ball in their hands.  Which team drafted him?  I remember the name but that's about it.  So sorry to hear he died so young.  :(

He was a UDFA that was with the Giants - they ended up keeping him as one of the backups to Eli, he was on that 2007 team that beat the 18-0 Patriots, so he's got a SB ring.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×