2019 Trade Deadline/Rumors

BullsandBroncos

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

Wouldn't mind that either.

I'm hoping that is a direction the team goes in. I think that the Giants can sell off Smith (who probably isn't going to come back), and replace him within the organization. I'm simply not worried about losing him at this point. And I think if we were to get someone like Dubon in exchange, that is a kid who may be able to help right away, given how bad Panik is at second base. So if you're the giants, you can sell it as both immediate help + long term forecasting. 

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

I'm hoping that is a direction the team goes in. I think that the Giants can sell off Smith (who probably isn't going to come back), and replace him within the organization. I'm simply not worried about losing him at this point. And I think if we were to get someone like Dubon in exchange, that is a kid who may be able to help right away, given how bad Panik is at second base. So if you're the giants, you can sell it as both immediate help + long term forecasting. 

Yep and we're fine at 2B for the long haul. Don't see Dubon supplanting Arcia despite Arcia's batting either, so cashing in on him makes sense, even if it's for a rental like Smith.

If we can come out of this deadline, if we intend to compete, with a combination of Lynn and Smith, I'd be happy. Would like to land another starter but I don't know if that's in the cards.

26 minutes ago, Forge said:

Man, I remember when Arroyo was a highly regarded prospect. AAAA player, seems like. I'm not sure what the Rays are doing at this point. Why move Wood at this point? Especially after acquiring Sogard? Is there something that I'm missing about Wood? 

Its pretty simple. They will have a huge logjam on their 40 man this offseason. Guys like Brujan, Hernandez, etc will have to be added. The guys they are trading(Arroyo, Solak, Wood) have no future with the major league team, so they are getting something back for them right now instead of just letting them go for nothing this offseason.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Forge said:

Man, I remember when Arroyo was a highly regarded prospect. AAAA player, seems like. I'm not sure what the Rays are doing at this point. Why move Wood at this point? Especially after acquiring Sogard? Is there something that I'm missing about Wood? 

From MLBTR

Wood, who turns 26 next month, has a 2.48 ERA, 7.4 K/9, and 3.43 K/BB rate over 29 innings for the Rays this season.  ERA predictors such as FIP (4.19), xFIP (5.10) and SIERA (4.52) are much less impressed with Wood’s work, perhaps due to his lack of strikeouts and large amount of fly balls generated, as Wood has only a 29.4% grounder rate.  On the plus side, Wood is allowing less hard contract and issuing fewer walks than he did in his 2018 rookie season.  While not a premium reliever, he’ll add even more depth to a Tribe bullpen that is already one of the game’s best.

• Like 1

Ken Rosenthal: Rival exec on BlueJays’ return for Stroman: Don’t assume TOR could have done better because other teams (ATL, NYY, MIN) have better prospects. Buyers refusing to overpay. Jays, even with three days to deadline, evidently felt Kay and Woods-Richardson were best market would bear.

11 minutes ago, DirtyDez said:

Zack won’t waive his NTC to the Yanks so likely means Ray.

I'm really curious if the Giants shut down all madbum talk, or if the Yankees offered something crazy like Frazier if they would take it. Obviously don't think they'd offer Frazier, but just curious about what the Giants would do in that scenario

2 hours ago, Forge said:

I'm really curious if the Giants shut down all madbum talk, or if the Yankees offered something crazy like Frazier if they would take it. Obviously don't think they'd offer Frazier, but just curious about what the Giants would do in that scenario

Though I do think Frazier's on the trading block - I'd personally be disappointed if we lose him for MadBum.

Going into 2018 I was all against trading Frazier for Cole. Though the NYY needed a headline arm to pair with Severino but the potential of Frazier had me against the move. In hindsight, I was wrong. Though I still do like Frazier - his losing last year entirely to injury, coupled with Coles stepping it up with HOU - had me wishing for a do over. (Note - though I dont know the guy, I've read good things about the HOU pitching coach and/or staff and how they refashioned Coles approach - something I'm not sure the NYY pitching coach would have accomplished - so there's that possibility).

Regardless -- prior to injury this year, Frazier was more than holding his own in comparison to the infamous Mr. Harper at the plate - so he's got the bat. I was surprised to learn his fielding wasnt top notch yet....but hopefully (if we dont trade him.....) that can be worked on / improved.  His hitting is a proven commodity however and I'd hate to lose it to what I perceive as such a short term proposition as MadBum - who by all sounds of it, doesnt want to come to NY anyway. So - stay in SF and maybe we'll see you in the WS. Maybe, maybe not. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, bigbadbuff said:

Mets lmfaooooooo

What's wrong with this from the Met's perspective? Seems like they didn't get much. Stroman's controllable for a season and half at a decent price, correct? Worst case if they could always flip him at the deadline next year.

40 minutes ago, 1ForTheThumb said:

What's wrong with this from the Met's perspective? Seems like they didn't get much. Stroman's controllable for a season and half at a decent price, correct? Worst case if they could always flip him at the deadline next year.

Because they are going to trade Noah because of this.