2019 Trade Deadline/Rumors

BullsandBroncos

14 hours ago, FinneasGage said:

did the fish mess up again or was it a good day? i'm pretty new to baseball and don't know any of these prospects they got. 

are there any marlins fans on here? 

The "on here"  from your last line made me laugh.

14 hours ago, FinneasGage said:

did the fish mess up again or was it a good day? i'm pretty new to baseball and don't know any of these prospects they got. 

For a team like the Marlins, I would say its a good gamble.

Gallen has pitched well in the majors so far, but no one really thinks he has the arsenal to be a top of the rotation guy, so getting a potential franchise shortstop for him is pretty good. Jazz has a lot more upside, and when you are a organization like the Marlins, I think its a good gamble, because you can probably find 10 Zac Gallen's pretty much anywhere in your system.

I also liked the deal for Sanchez. Its once again trading major league players for more potential in the minors. Like Gallen, neither Richards or Anderson is going to be the reason the Marlins are good again. Anderson is a 30+ aged reliever that has just now somewhat broken out in the majors. Relievers are very volitale, and without even looking at his stats, you dont really need those types of guys on a rebuilding team. Richards is a back end rotation guy for the Marlins. You should have plenty of those in the system, and I wouldnt be pissed if he suddenly gets much better in the Rays organization because they are wizards with pitchers. He probably wouldnt reach that potential with the Marlins. Sanchez has seen his shine wear off a little. He should be a major league player, and is probably a top 50ish prospect. His tools are something the Marlins should gamble on. 

Be like the Braves, Astros, and Cubs. Trade as many major league players for minor league assets. There is definitely a high bust rate, but if you have a very deep system, it will be a lot easier to get players that pan out. Its the law of averages.

• Sixto Sanchez
  • Jazz Chisholm
  • JJ Bleday
  • Jesus Sanchez
  • Isan Diaz

Thats a pretty damn good top 5 for your system and the depth is getting better with Harrison, Garrett, Cabrera, Rogers, Lewin Diaz(just traded for), and Mesa. Its definitely a top 10 system now. 

2 hours ago, FinneasGage said:

lmao i always hated on baseball, but watching my roommates ruminating in their marlin-caused depression made me wanna join the party 

Why not be a Fins or Bucs fan as well? Why cheer for a team that has won a title in your lifetime that isn’t you man. Complete the trifecta of depression. 

17 minutes ago, kyle21121 said:

Why not be a Fins or Bucs fan as well? Why cheer for a team that has won a title in your lifetime that isn’t you man. Complete the trifecta of depression. 

to be fair the year i started watching football green bay went 4-12 in 2005. i make sure to hop on bandwagons when they bottom out 

8 minutes ago, FinneasGage said:

to be fair the year i started watching football green bay went 4-12 in 2005. i make sure to hop on bandwagons when they bottom out 

That’s fair although putting last year aside 05-present or even 91-present has been pretty good to packers fans. I could see them and wining the division this year. 

19 hours ago, FinneasGage said:

I'm a Marlins fan. I'm a bigger fan of the Richards/Anderson trade than the Gallen one. I really liked Gallen, pitched two gems his last two outings, really seemed like he could've been a rotation staple for the future. He missed a lot of bats. But, we're absolutely loaded with high end pitching depth, so he was pretty expendable. Now we're pretty loaded at almost every position in our farm system. Chisholm and Sanchez are both top 60 overall prospects. They, along with Lewin Diaz (Romo trade), have pushed our farm system from a 10ish ranked system to a unanimous top 5 ranked system. Overall I like the trades, because they theoretically make sense. Trading from a position of surplus strength (pitching), to upgrade positions of weakness (SS/1B/OF).

7 hours ago, FinneasGage said:

lmao i always hated on baseball, but watching my roommates ruminating in their marlin-caused depression made me wanna join the party 

Honestly, football is a game to watch with a beverage, baseball is a game to watch with a smoke. Just wait until the playoffs start and every pitch makes you feel like you are going to have a heart attack 

The anticipation of every pitch is unreal. 3-2 count, bases loaded, two outs, tie game, 9th inning... Pitcher stares in, gets set, throws the ball ... Aaaand it's a foul ball, gotta do it again lol 

There is really nothing like it

9 hours ago, N4L said:

Honestly, football is a game to watch with a beverage, baseball is a game to watch with a smoke. Just wait until the playoffs start and every pitch makes you feel like you are going to have a heart attack 

The anticipation of every pitch is unreal. 3-2 count, bases loaded, two outs, tie game, 9th inning... Pitcher stares in, gets set, throws the ball ... Aaaand it's a foul ball, gotta do it again lol 

There is really nothing like it

I was working from home for the Brewers-Cubs Game 163 last year, and ended up having to present stuff on a conference call during the 8th and 9th innings, with the game on mute in the background. It was beyond mentally exhausting. 

7 hours ago, Slateman said:

So, I realize this is the deadline thread, but I didn't really want to post it in the MLB GDT and it's too early for offseason trade rumors.

With the Padres grabbing Trammel, is Meyer on the block? Margot?

I'm sure they would move Myers to anybody willing to take his deal.

Trammell still needs time in the minors, so I don't think he changes anything this offseason. 

Archived