Green Bay Packers 2019 Offensive Line

Shanedorf

Interesting to see that Bakhtiari, Linsley, Turner and Bulaga are all rested tonight.

Taylor on the other hand is playing. That is a MASSIVE clue as to what the management are thinking with regards to the OL.

I've always felt his hold on his roster spot was not secure, mainly because he doesn't fit the athletic profile for the OL. If he can't keep hold of the starting gig then his spot on the 53 is in jeopardy. He will be far too costly to keep as a backup and he isn't as versatile as say Jenkins, Madison and McCray. The coaches really need to see if he can fit into the offence otherwise he is gone.

2 minutes ago, Chili said:

Interesting to see that Bakhtiari, Linsley, Turner and Bulaga are all rested tonight.

Taylor on the other hand is playing. That is a MASSIVE clue as to what the management are thinking with regards to the OL.

I've always felt his hold on his roster spot was not secure, mainly because he doesn't fit the athletic profile for the OL. If he can't keep hold of the starting gig then his spot on the 53 is in jeopardy. He will be far too costly to keep as a backup and he isn't as versatile as say Jenkins, Madison and McCray. The coaches really need to see if he can fit into the offence otherwise he is gone.

Losing Taylor for McCray to save cap space with 15 million in available cap space would be upsetting. 

7 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Losing Taylor for McCray to save cap space with 15 million in available cap space would be upsetting. 

He has the 11th largest cap hit and out of the top 11 players he's the only one other than Tramon Williams who as of now is not guaranteed a starting spot. I can totally see Gute cutting the fat should Taylor fail to hold onto his spot especially with younger, cheaper and more versatile linemen available.

Edited by Chili

16 minutes ago, Chili said:

He has the 11th largest cap hit and out of the top 11 players he's the only one other than Tramon Williams who as of now is not guaranteed a starting spot. I can totally see Gute cutting the fat should Taylor fail to hold onto his spot especially with younger, cheaper and more versatile linemen available.

Are we still trying to win football games?

12 hours ago, Chili said:

Pete Dougherty pointed out that Madison has yet to get snaps above the third string in practice.  he may be versatile, but not at a level that beats out anybody at this point.  I don't think he has reached the reliable back up level yet.

On 8/8/2019 at 6:48 PM, Chili said:

That tweet is really going out on a limb there.  He's arguably the worst of the starters, and he probably has the last job security.  The writing is on the wall already, he's likely gone beyond this year.

20 hours ago, CWood21 said:

That tweet is really going out on a limb there.  He's arguably the worst of the starters, and he probably has the last job security.  The writing is on the wall already, he's likely gone beyond this year.

Probably but unless he gets overtaken by some of the backups, surely you need to keep him this season. I think most people accept that there is a high probability Bulaga misses time and the consensus is when he does then Turner will shift to RT. In that scenario you want to be comfortable with the guy coming in at RG. You can't build your roster around accounting for injuries but something happening to the line (and Bulaga in particular) is sort of expected.

I want to see us going back to drafting OL every year, keep players coming through the system.