What Did You Cook for Dinner?

MKnight82

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

Wife and I went out for our anniversary, so I got it medium rare and had them cook it. It was so tender I didn’t need a knife to cut it.

Alright, unpopular opinion.  Tenderness is overrated.  If a cut of beef is more flavorful, I'll do some chewing.

Brisket is the best cut on the cow.

5 hours ago, Mega Ron said:

I don't like the texture of steak tartare. There's just something about the size of the cuts and the way it is prepared that makes me think that I'm eating slugs.

I’ve never eaten slug so I have no point of reference.

Eels, slugs.... you guys eat all kinds of nasty stuff.

40 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Alright, unpopular opinion.  Tenderness is overrated.  If a cut of beef is more flavorful, I'll do some chewing.

Brisket is the best cut on the cow.

Brisket is supposed to be cooked until its super tender tho

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Brisket is supposed to be cooked until its super tender tho

Depending on how it's cooked.  The way I grew up eating it (boiled for less time than usual, then baked with a sauce), it was still a little tough, and that's fine by me.  I'll take a slightly tough brisket over the most tender filet any day of the week.

19 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Depending on how it's cooked.  The way I grew up eating it (boiled for less time than usual, then baked with a sauce), it was still a little tough, and that's fine by me.  I'll take a slightly tough brisket over the most tender filet any day of the week.

Bone in filet is the best of both worlds

1 minute ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

This thread is way too agreeable all of the sudden. Someone come in here and say they ate kraft mac 'n cheese or something.

My favorite kind of mac and cheese is the kind in a slow cooker at a pot luck.

• Like 1

Just now, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Pot lucks are the pinnacle of bad girlfriend/wife ideas. They're just an all around horrific experience for everyone.

Ha!

The worst part by far is that there's always 3x the amount of food necessary, usually half of it being store bought cookies.  And someone has to take it all home.  If you're not hosting, the game of "who can avoid taking home the leftovers" can be pretty entertaining.

• Like 1

Just now, theJ said:

Ha!

The worst part by far is that there's always 3x the amount of food necessary, usually half of it being store bought cookies.  And someone has to take it all home.  If you're not hosting, the game of "who can avoid taking home the leftovers" can be pretty entertaining.

Yeah half of the stuff is lazily store bought because no one wants to ******* be there, but they all got girlfriended/wifed into it and are just trying to check it off their calendar. It's infuriating. If you want to do a group teambuilding lunch, cook or cater it. You basically have to for a pot luck anyway if you host it, because everyone expects you to put together the "main course".

Pot lucks are the demonic bastard child of "let's go for a picnic it'll be fun" and "let's go hang out with all of my annoying friends". I ******* hate pot lucks.

15 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

This thread is way too agreeable all of the sudden. Someone come in here and say they ate kraft mac 'n cheese or something.

I seared my tenderloin and threw it in the crockpot until it was well done. Then I smothered it in ketchup. 

Best steak Ive ever had. dont @ me @pwny

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, theJ said:

Bone in filet is the best of both worlds

It’s a little bit of an unfair contest, because corn beef brisket is my favorite food. Especially when prepared the way my mother made it.

And velveeta shells and cheese is delicious, not even kidding.

Edited by Daniel