Best Madden Ever: Madden 93 Sega Genesis

KewlBeanz

Madden 04 is literally a trash game.  The game play was horrid.  I'm not saying I disliked it, I played the hell out of it.  But the game was broken and it was so easy to exploit things.  2005 was a MUCH better game by comparison.  It's not even debatable.

Madden 04 is looked upon favorably because a lot of people who are in their early 30's or late 20's grew up playing that game.  It's nostalgia. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, showtime said:

Madden 04 is literally a trash game.  The game play was horrid.  I'm not saying I disliked it, I played the hell out of it.  But the game was broken and it was so easy to exploit things.  2005 was a MUCH better game by comparison.  It's not even debatable.

Madden 04 is looked upon favorably because a lot of people who are in their early 30's or late 20's grew up playing that game.  It's nostalgia. 

Everyone just ran around with Vick.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Everyone just ran around with Vick.

Yup.  And there was pretty much nothing you could do to stop them.  I remember sitting with friends trying to come up with ways to stop him.  What we found was you had to play with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers because they had Simeon Rice, who was fast as hell in that game.  They also had Derrick Brooks, who you would have to user control and he was also fast. 

The counter to this was, you roll out Warrick Dunn to the same side Vick was running to.  Make the user have to decide to stop you as a runner or to stop Dunn.  If they ran towards Vick, you swung the ball out to Dunn.  You also had Peerless Price running a crossing route to that side of the field as well and you could throw it to him for like 20 yards.  The user can't stop all of those things and there was damn near no defensive controls in the game.

Madden 2005 had Ray Lewis on the cover because that was the year they started to introduce defensive features due to 2004 being a total cluster f.

The game is so garbage.  It was a great time playing it, but looking back on it I realize how absolute trash Madden 2004 actually was.

On 7/19/2019 at 8:00 PM, Neumatic said:

‘04-‘06 was the golden years IMO. Madden 06 is my favorite, 05 being a close second. The vision cone was awesome, that’s one of many things I wish would make a comeback. Hit stick was a lot of fun and made for some hilarious moments.

06 was awful on the port to 360/PS3. I don't know what it was like on the PS2/Xbox

Madden 93? Lol. Was it any more than blips on a screen and nothing to actually see or do but play a game?

for me, ncaa 06/07 and madden 06/07 have a special place in my heart. I think ncaa 09 is when they introduced the high school to college my player thing which I loved. Madden 12 is the last madden I enjoyed. 

I think my fav was Madden 2001, I love the live action intros and If I remembered correctly we can collect HOF players cards and later use on franchise mode that was an epic feature. 

Off topic though, I have to give the best NFL game to 2k. I can't remember which year but I remember Randy Moss being on the cover. 

7 hours ago, MossyMoss said:

I think my fav was Madden 2001, I love the live action intros and If I remembered correctly we can collect HOF players cards and later use on franchise mode that was an epic feature. 

Off topic though, I have to give the best NFL game to 2k. I can't remember which year but I remember Randy Moss being on the cover. 

Moss was on a few 2K covers, I believe.  He and Allen Iverson were on the first few covers of 2K's football and basketball games, respectively.  I remember Iverson being on like the first four or so covers of NBA 2K.

On 7/19/2019 at 8:16 PM, bucsfan333 said:

I liked the vision cone too. Wish they could've built on it and made it better than the original implementation. But it had potential.

Not the way these casuals play today. That's why they took it out. It was 'too hard'. Just wish they would've kept it in as an option for those of us who liked it. But why do that when EA Tiburon can continue to be lazy while making bank off the goofballs who spend $100s on MUT and "Competitive" eSports? lulz

NFL Football 94 (i think joe montanas)

game was so buggy it was great

but it had instant replay and voice play by play announcers. one of the first

instant replay:

1. throw a touchdown pass

2. check the replay and slow it down

3. pass bounces off the wrs hands " he dropped it" .

yes, the replay was different than the actual play.

also, going for a fake punt.

immediately after you snap the ball, the announcer screams "what a mistake"

• 2 weeks later...

Madden 08 on the PC. 

Mods were allowed, people could make fully customized leagues/themes for the entire madden experience. made importing/exporting other leagues (like NCAA, AFL, CFL) really easy.

They also had the play designer where you could actually draw the specific routes you wanted your WRs to run. That was cool.

01-05 we’re my favorite maddens with 05 being the best. When they introduced the hit-stick and being able to run over someone with power backs was awesome. Michael Vick was fun to use but nothing was better than great RB runs when you stiff arm, and hit stick all in one nice motion.

2K5 was great also but could never figure out the turbo.