Early Predictions for the Final 4

KewlBeanz

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

While I appreciate the optimism, I'm not sure Oklahoma is going to the playoffs this year.  I think they're the heavy favorites to win the Big 12, but I think they're going to trip up at least once if not twice.  Jalen Hurts should win the QB spot even if Lincoln Riley won't commit to him just yet.  He didn't transfer to Oklahoma to be the backup, and how he performed in the spring game gives hope.  Offensively, their skill position are pretty strong with CeeDee Lamb, Kennedy Brooks, Grant Calcaterra, and their young WRs (Theo Wease, Trejan Bridges, and Jadon Haselwood) give Oklahoma a TON of options offensively.  The Sooners are rebuilding their OL, and the only player I'm super comfortable with is Creed Humphrey who I think will get some All American votes.  Marquis Hayes is another guy I'm really high on, but in general I think the IOL is going to be better than the tackles.  Defensively, a new DC is going to take some growing pains.

when do you expect the defense to start geling?

Michigan hasn’t won the Big Ten in 15 years, maybe they should aim for that first. Their record vs rivals, ranked teams, and bowl games is a complete embarrassment under Jim Harbaugh. He’s the most overrated coach in the nation to be honest.

• Like 4

On 7/23/2019 at 1:56 PM, Texansfan713 said:

when do you expect the defense to start geling?

I'm hopeful before the RRS, but I'm not optimistic by any means.  I'm not very optimistic that our defense is going to be much better this year.  Maybe marginally better, but we need at least a full recruitment cycle or two before we start getting guys in that fit Grinch's style.  The secondary isn't particularly deep right now, although this is probably the best trio of corners (BRH, Tre Brown, and Tre Norwood) the Sooners have fielded in the last few years.  I believe their current projected safety tandem of Patrick Fields and Delarrin Turner-Yell have a combined 17 games played.  Not starts, games played.  The DL looks solid this year, but I believe 4 of their projected top 6 are seniors years this year.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

How has Clemson been more impressive than OU for what has been done on the field this year?

thats my only complaint

the B12 gets a lot of crap about defense...but the quality of conference difference between ACC and B12 is more than enough to say OU has been more impressive 

Edited by malibuspeedrace