2020 Draft Thread

Forge

1 hour ago, 49erurtaza said:

I wonder if the NFL will add a 8th round to the draft at some point. They are extending rosters to 55 players. Would make sense for teams.

They've had an 8th round fairly recently, to be honest. I Think Elvis Grbac was an 8th round pick for us back in like 1992 or whatever year it was. 

1 hour ago, 49erurtaza said:

I wonder if the NFL will add a 8th round to the draft at some point. They are extending rosters to 55 players. Would make sense for teams.

I mean I really dont see the point. Not every draft picks makes your roster anyways. Adding two more roster spots doesn't really impact the need to add another round. Especially with the UDFAs. I think the two added roster spot helps teams keep the young guys they would like to keep on the roster and develop, from hitting waivers. Also adds bodies for a longer regular season.

2 hours ago, 757-NINER said:

Part of me thinks if we do want a WR and Jeudy goes before our pick, its going to be Ruggs over Lamb. Its just hard to gauge right now because Goodwin is still on the roster and that's what's throwing me for a loop. If Goodwin sticks around, they should want the best WR on the board, which would be Lamb. But part of me believes Shanny wants that dynamic playmaker who can terrioze teams vertically. That role used to go to Goodwin. And if he sticks around, the thinking is Shanny must have faith that he can put 2019 behind him and regain his 2017-2018 form. Benjamin is just back-up in my eyes. Any production we get out him will be a surprise. But if we were to move on from Goodwin, Ruggs makes a ton of sense. Or we could try to get a guy like Reagor@31. It just really depends who's available@13 and if they really want a OT or WR. 

Donte "Hitner" says otherwise. Claims Benjamin has been misused the last few years and Shanahan really liked him when they were all in Cleveland. Hitner says Kyle will use him very well.

6 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

Donte "Hitner" says otherwise. Claims Benjamin has been misused the last few years and Shanahan really liked him when they were all in Cleveland. Hitner says Kyle will use him very well.

My plan is for him to not even be on the roster lol

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chrissooner49er said:

Shanny can't fix his hands. I'll be shocked if he makes the team tbh. Especially if Goodwin does stick around for TC.

Chris Simms top 5 WRs:

1. CeeDee Lamb

2. Justin Jefferson

3. Henry Ruggs

4. K.J. Hamler

5. Tee Higgins

Obviously the biggest thing that sticks out is the omission of Jeudy. I just can't agree with that....like at all. But Simms is at times different than the rest with his evaluations. We shall see if he is right or not. Was very high last season on Metcalf, Deebo and Campbell. The latter did very little last season but let's see how he looks in year two. 

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Chris Simms top 5 WRs:

1. CeeDee Lamb

2. Justin Jefferson

3. Henry Ruggs

4. K.J. Hamler

5. Tee Higgins

Obviously the biggest thing that sticks out is the omission of Jeudy. I just can't agree with that....like at all. But Simms is at times different than the rest with his evaluations. We shall see if he is right or not. Was very high last season on Metcalf, Deebo and Campbell. The latter did very little last season but let's see how he looks in year two. 

Yeah, there's no way I'm taking Hamler or Higgins over Jeudy...and I like both guys. I've been saying ppl are sleeping on Jefferson for awhile. 

Sims point is that Jeudy doesn't have elite physical traits and is more in need of a good system in the NFL because he can't just line-up on an island and physical beat a CB1 repeatedly. Can't agree. While Jeudy may not be a physical guy against press or a RAC demon with the ball in his hands, elite route-running and having legit speed is more than enough to be successful in the league. Everyone has an opinion and he has a right to his but saying Jeudy doesn't win many 50/50 balls as a knock is just nitpicking. How many 50/50 balls are there to win when you're route-running is creating 5 yards of cushion every snap? Its a false narrative.

Edited by 757-NINER
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

Yeah, there's no way Im taking Hamler or Higgins over Jeudy...and I like both guys. I've been saying ppl are sleeping on Jefferson for awhile. 

Yeah, I can see Jefferson and on some level Ruggs...but that's about it. 

Henry Ruggs III
WR Alabama

Justin Madubuike
DT Texas A&M

Hunter Bryant
TE Washington

Bryce Hall
CB UVA

Larrell Murchison
DT NC State

Cordel Iwuagwu
G TCU

Hakeem Adeniji
OT Kansas

Trevis Gipson
DE Tulsa

Rodney Clemons
S SMU

Daniel Thomas
S Auburn

2021 NE 2nd  
    2021 HOU 4th  
    2021 DAL 4th  
    2021 PIT 5th  
    2021 PHI 5th  
    2021 PHI 7th

Ran another Sim. I think I like this one best out of all the ones I have done.