Training Camp/Preseason 2019: 1-3: Time to get to 53

MikeT14

6 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Trent knows and this is why he said he doesn't want to play here again. All the injuries to our players compared to other teams I wouldn't say is a coincidence. Dr. Andrews is pretty old. I know I would be a little cautious when getting surgey or a Opinion from a doctor that old espeically with all the new technology these days. Whose to say he's caught up on those things? If I where the Owner I liked to be sure my treatment staff is one of the best in the business. Cleary from reports the Skins isn't. 

If Trent is so confident in his position about the medical staff, then what is the secret?  

If Dr. Andrews is so dated then why do players all over the league still go to him?

<sarcasm> It is too bad Trent Williams can't afford to see his own doctors </sarcasm>

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Who’s saying they are mad at Trent Williams?  I actually think trading Trent now while he still has good value is a good football move that could help the team long term.

As long as that value lives up to what you just lost in Trent. Right now we don't have a person to do that for Trent. Also are you playing Haskins this season with Geron and Flowers as his possible LT and LG? Think about the long term health of your possible Franchise QB. 

16 minutes ago, offbyone said:

If Trent is so confident in his position about the medical staff, then what is the secret?  

If Dr. Andrews is so dated then why do players all over the league still go to him?

<sarcasm> It is too bad Trent Williams can't afford to see his own doctors </sarcasm>

Maybe because if Trent told the Truth and came out said the Medical Staff is some **** he would be released or fined. Maybe the league only offers certain medical coverage. We don't know, but we have found out all the bull**** the league use to do incorrectly medically back in the day. So it's alot we don't know that Trent and Organization knows and from what I know about this organization they seem to have a problem with their medical staff. So ethier pay Trent or trade him. He has that right to ask those things. 

Edited by Skins212689

4 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Maybe because if Trent told the Truth and came out said the Medical Staff is some **** he would be released for telling the truth. Maybe the league only offers certain medical coverage. We don't know, but we have found out all the bull**** the league use to do incorrectly medically back in the day. So it's alot we don't know that Trent and Organization knows and from what I know about this organization they seem to have a problem with their medical staff. So ethier pay Trent or trade him. He has that right to ask those things. 

He is under contract.  A very expensive contract.  He has a right to fulfill his contract.  That is all.  We owe him nothing else.  I think this team has already showed loyalty to him.  We stuck with him and made him the highest paid LT after his multiple drug suspensions. 

This team screws up a lot of things.  We don't need to come up with conspiracy theories on top of their usual issues.  As in most things, the simplest likelihood is usually the actual one.  That likelihood is that this is just a silly contract dispute and a player disgruntled over small potatoes but making a mountain out of a mole hill and leveraging it for money.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, offbyone said:

He is under contract.  A very expensive contract.  He has a right to fulfill his contract.  That is all.  We owe him nothing else.  I think this team has already showed loyalty to him.  We stuck with him and made him the highest paid LT after his multiple drug suspensions. 

This team screws up a lot of things.  We don't need to come up with conspiracy theories on top of their usual issues.  As in most things, the simplest likelihood is usually the actual one.  That likelihood is that this is just a silly contract dispute and a player disgruntled over small potatoes but making a mountain out of a mole hill and leveraging it for money.  

What conspiracy? Didn't Sweariger get cut last year for speaking the Truth about the staff? So whose to say that's why Williams hasn't said anything publicly. We don't know and may never really will. 

12 minutes ago, Jeezy Fanatic said:

Admittedly, the video is from 3 years ago, but James Andrews' fingers look as spry as ever. I'd let this guy operate on my shoulder.

9_9 Yokay ... ( weak smile ) Keep up the good werk Jeez !

23 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

What conspiracy? Didn't Sweariger get cut last year for speaking the Truth about the staff? So whose to say that's why Williams hasn't said anything publicly. We don't know and may never really will. 

Huh?  Swearinger repeatedly publicly slammed the coaching staff.  This wasn't about anyone screwing him over, it was just he didn't like how practice was run and didn't like how games were called.  Totally inappropriate.   

This is completely different, your argument is that Trent Williams was supposedly was wronged and there was some kind of negligence by the medical staff.

If we cut Trent Williams he would just get another contract plus the dead cap and we would have no left tackle.  He has all the leverage here.  It isn't like he can't get another contract. 

You aren't being realistic here.  It isn't always the organization's fault.  

34 minutes ago, TKellion said:

Nobody talking about the players who did show up.Only the one who didnt.Thris thread should have a different title

True.  It is unfortunate, but Trent Williams has made himself more important than the team right now.  If he wasn't having his cloak and dagger disagreement we would be having a really awesome start to training camp.  

11 minutes ago, offbyone said:

Huh?  Swearinger repeatedly publicly slammed the coaching staff.  This wasn't about anyone screwing him over, it was just he didn't like how practice was run and didn't like how games were called.  Totally inappropriate.   

This is completely different, your argument is that Trent Williams was supposedly was wronged and there was some kind of negligence by the medical staff.

If we cut Trent Williams he would just get another contract plus the dead cap and we would have no left tackle.  He has all the leverage here.  It isn't like he can't get another contract. 

You aren't being realistic here.  It isn't always the organization's fault.  

True.  It is unfortunate, but Trent Williams has made himself more important than the team right now.  If he wasn't having his cloak and dagger disagreement we would be having a really awesome start to training camp.  

So you want Willaims to come out and do the samething as Sweariger so he can get cut? I don't think that would be a smart move on Williams part. 

1 hour ago, Skins212689 said:

As long as that value lives up to what you just lost in Trent. Right now we don't have a person to do that for Trent. Also are you playing Haskins this season with Geron and Flowers as his possible LT and LG? Think about the long term health of your possible Franchise QB. 

I’ve always had the opinion that rookie QBs need to play.  It’s a contact sport, Haskins will just have to play through it.  I’m not on board with the Flowers nonsense.  Geron Christian needs to step up and show why he was a 3rd round pick. 

3 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I’ve always had the opinion that rookie QBs need to play.  It’s a contact sport, Haskins will just have to play through it.  I’m not on board with the Flowers nonsense.  Geron Christian needs to step up and show why he was a 3rd round pick. 

I agree Geron needs to step up, but I don't agree with putting a 1 year college starting QB in with a weak OLine. 

2 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

Riskier than having all your players turn on you?  Fire them all, make a big spectacle of it.  Tell the players they are the priority and bring in a whole new staff.  Tell them there will be some bumps in the transition but they want to get it right for player safety.  The players and fans would love it.  But, they’d have to admit the staff they previously hired sucks which they will never do.  

Okay. You fire the staff. I'm with you. 

How long does it take to replace them with competent people who are licensed and able to work with professional sports teams and approved by the NFL?

It's not like you're hiring burger flippers.

Look, I want them gone too. And they COULD have done this as soon as the offseason ended. But doing it now on the eve of training camp just ain't gonna happen now. Like it or not, they are stuck with this staff (the majority of them at least) this season.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TKellion said:

Nobody talking about the players who did show up.Only the one who didnt.Thris thread should have a different title

Yeah, we should probably get back to camp and talking about the players who are on the field. 

If you guys want to continue to talk about Trent, take it to another thread.

All agreed?