Dak Thread....still debating, beating a dead horse

WizardHawk

13 hours ago, D82 said:

That...really isn't a good comparison at all. Dak's salary in no way caused us to lose our top QB, our top two tackles, the projected starter at 3T before he even took a snap, a starting CB for most of the year, the other starting CB for most of the year, our starting OG, our starting C who retired, our backup center, our backup tackle....do I need to keep going? Dak's salary also didn't cause Zeke to regress, nor cause Jaylon Smith to suck. Like...c'mon.

You can field a competitive team and still pay your top ten QB. Nobody can field a competitive team with so many injuries. 

I... never said it did. A big ol strawman paragraph for nothing. 

We were unable to retain home grown talent nor bring in significant acquisitions. Those starting CBs wouldn’t even be starters if we had Byron and brought in Bradberry or someone. We did nothing in the off-season because we are afraid to do anything until we work out our situation with Dak. We still are

1 hour ago, DaBoys said:

I... never said it did. A big ol strawman paragraph for nothing. 

We were unable to retain home grown talent nor bring in significant acquisitions. Those starting CBs wouldn’t even be starters if we had Byron and brought in Bradberry or someone. We did nothing in the off-season because we are afraid to do anything until we work out our situation with Dak. We still are

Imagine if we hadn’t paid $90MM to a RB...

1 hour ago, 5x10 said:

How many more wins is dak worth?

We already know the answer to this... 0.  We weren’t winning this year with paying Dak $31M.  And we were exactly average last year when we only paid Dak about $3M.  Yet some people think paying Dak $40M is the answer to our problems.  

12 hours ago, DaBoys said:

Zekes cap hit is $10.9m

The imagination only stretches so far on that. Tyrone Crawford is more of an eye sore

No. Zeke is $90m over 6 years. Because the cap has to be managed for more than just 1 year. As I said....

On 11/28/2020 at 12:02 AM, Matts4313 said:

I am thoroughly convinced that some people are unable to look at the cap for more than a year to year basis. The cap  (and our situation) is an amalgamation of factors that are much greater than "look at this snapshot and use it as empirical evidence". 

Edited by Matts4313

Do you guys remember the argument whether the cowboys would be better off this year paying Dak $31M or Cam Newton $1M?  Yeah, I do too.  Cam with literally no offensive weapons is now knocking on the door of making a playoff run.  Dak needed a miracle to get his only win against a bad team.  Just imagine if Cam had the best WR Corp in the nfl.

46 minutes ago, The_Slamman said:

Do you guys remember the argument whether the cowboys would be better off this year paying Dak $31M or Cam Newton $1M?  Yeah, I do too.  Cam with literally no offensive weapons is now knocking on the door of making a playoff run.  Dak needed a miracle to get his only win against a bad team.  Just imagine if Cam had the best WR Corp in the nfl.

Cam was 9/18, for 84 yards, 0 TDs, and 2 INTs.

Yeah, Cam really is the one dragging the Patriots towards the playoffs. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Cam was 9/18, for 84 yards, 0 TDs, and 2 INTs.

Yeah, Cam really is the one dragging the Patriots towards the playoffs. 

His WRs are UDFAs.  He’s the best RB on the team.  His OL is full of nobodies.  Yet he keeps his team in the game.  Now, imagine having $30M more invested in our defense... $ we wasted on Dak.  Give cam 3 stud wrs and a legit rb plus $30m infused into our defense, I guarantee we win the division by a wide margin.  

you guys are so turned on by stats you forget that the point is winning.  Paying Dak $31m got us an expensive stat compiler on a garbage football team.  

the funny thing is that everybody knows I’m right.  It just hurts your feelings to admit it.

Edited by The_Slamman

8 minutes ago, The_Slamman said:

His WRs are UDFAs.  He’s the best RB on the team.  His OL is full of nobodies.  Yet he keeps his team in the game.  Now, imagine having $30M more invested in our defense... $ we wasted on Dak.  Give cam 3 stud wrs and a legit rb plus $30m infused into our defense, I guarantee we win the division by a wide margin.  

you guys are so turned on by stats you forget that the point is winning.  Paying Dak $31m got us an expensive stat compiler on a garbage football team.  

the funny thing is that everybody knows I’m right.  It just hurts your feelings to admit it.

“Keeps his team in the game”... words used to describe the dude who threw a horrendous interception at midfield with 4:27 left in the game tied 17-17 just a few hours ago.