Raiders @ Green Bay "Tighten Things Up Bowl"

Leader

9 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Brett Hundley is a league average backup QB, so I can see at least you're consistent with your skew of what a backup QB should look like.

Hundley was below average, and don't make this a race related issue. Talent is Talent. Hundley and Kizer have enough talent for the XFL.

I mean, the problem Hundley and Kizer have around these parts is that they don't have the arm Rodgers has.  If you're building an offense to take advantage of 12's arm (which you should do, absolutely), you can't run the same offense with a guy who noticeably less arm talent, regardless of what other positive characteristics they might have.

Boyle looks better in preseason largely because he can throw lasers, regardless of his other shortcomings.

Edited by PossibleCabbage
  • Like 1

On 8/23/2019 at 9:59 AM, Fox_NFLs_GG said:

Defending Kizer is just like defending Hundley.

Hundley won games as an NFL starter. 

Hundley was fine as a back-up.  His knock is that he wasn't Aaron Rodgers.  Kizer has looked a lot worse than Hundley at every opportunity.  

2 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Hundley won games as an NFL starter.  Hundley was fine as a back-up.  His knock is that he wasn't Aaron Rodgers.  

I don't know. He had some real good moments as a starter, but man, he crippled the offense in a lot of his starts... I wouldn't call that fine.

3 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Hundley was fine as a back-up.  His knock is that he wasn't Aaron Rodgers.  Kizer has looked a lot worse than Hundley at every opportunity.  

In reality, both aren't much at back up qb.  Packers can and have to do better.

4 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Talk about setting a low bar! He was terrible from an overall perspective. 

1 hour ago, Donzo said:

I don't know. He had some real good moments as a starter, but man, he crippled the offense in a lot of his starts... I wouldn't call that fine.

If you run the offense exactly the way it was meant to be run, you're a starting QB and not a backup...

Where did the mindset come from that this fantasy world exists where our backup QB should come in the game and we should still be the same team?

Are the Colts contenders with Jacoby Brissett?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

If you run the offense exactly the way it was meant to be run, you're a starting QB and not a backup...

Where did the mindset come from that this fantasy world exists where our backup QB should come in the game and we should still be the same team?

Are the Colts contenders with Jacoby Brissett?

I don't know how that's relevant to anything I posted?!? For Brissett, I guess not?!? But, I couldn't care less about the Colts or Bissett, so I'm not qualified to really answer that question.

For Hundley, I remember his last four games as a starter for the Packers. He was awful, he didn't look like an NFL QB to me. That's what I'm going off of.

Speaking of Hundley......I had occasion (if not interest.....) to see him against against the Vikings. Most notable observation? He appears to have ditched the gum. Not much else in his game seems to have changed, nor has my being just fine he's no longer a GBP.  That is all.

37 minutes ago, Donzo said:

I don't know how that's relevant to anything I posted?!? For Brissett, I guess not?!? But, I couldn't care less about the Colts or Bissett, so I'm not qualified to really answer that question.

For Hundley, I remember his last four games as a starter for the Packers. He was awful, he didn't look like an NFL QB to me. That's what I'm going off of.

He looked good in the wins and bad in the losses (except for the Steelers loss), In telling you, that is what an NFL backup QB looks like. If you consistently show up and look good, some team makes you a starter.

There aren't even 32 starters good enough to show up and look good week in and week out, how do you expect to see that out of your backup? A backup that can go .500 to me in relief is a top of the league backup QB, Hundley went what 3-5? That's about what you're expecting.

The biggest knock against Kizer as a backup QB is the trade that was made to get him.  He's a typical QB2 for a team that has a superstar at QB1.  All in all, I'd rather we were still waiting for Hundley to figure things out rather than Kizer.  I'm not sure there will ever be any great difference between the two as players.

15 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

He looked good in the wins and bad in the losses (except for the Steelers loss), In telling you, that is what an NFL backup QB looks like. If you consistently show up and look good, some team makes you a starter.

There aren't even 32 starters good enough to show up and look good week in and week out, how do you expect to see that out of your backup? A backup that can go .500 to me in relief is a top of the league backup QB, Hundley went what 3-5? That's about what you're expecting.

He didn't look good in the win over the Bucs; I was at the game. He looked like he didn't belong in the NFL.

The fans were dumbfounded on how bad Hundley was. Some old timers brought up comparisons to Jerry Tagge and Rich Campbell. I even re-watched it later on, he looked even worse on TV that he did live at the stadium.

So, if you think he actually looked good in that game, we'll have to just agree to disagree.