Andrew Luck informs Colts he plans to retire

tab

8 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

What if it had to do with his current injury being worse than previously known or reported? Does he deserve the boos, then?

why are we pretending like this isnt tbe worst possible time for him to retire? what do you expect the reaction to be when you retire two weeks before the season and youre in the sb hunt with him at qb.

i dont think he made the wrong decision and im sure in a week, month or year people will give him the appreciation he deserves but they should be allowed to be upset at the timing. as long as its just boos i dont think theres much wrong with it if it stops tonight. luck isnt a bad person for retiring at quite possibly literally the worst possible time and fans arent bad people for being upset about it.

Just now, SkippyX said:

There is no justification for this. Absolutely none.

He gave his all on the field and his body has been destroyed four years in a row. He was not going to be ready for week 1 and maybe not week 8.

You don't boo your QB who has won 4 playoff games for you and is walking away because he is tired of getting in car wreck equivalents with giant dudes trying to hurt him.

This is nonsense. You have no idea what those fans have put into being a fan of their football team. How much time and money spent. Than finally have a team that could win it all and gets hit with a bomb. But people expect them to be classy 5 mins after the news hit. Stop it. 

Just now, dante9876 said:

This is nonsense. You have no idea what those fans have put into being a fan of their football team. How much time and money spent. Than finally have a team that could win it all and gets hit with a bomb. But people expect them to be classy 5 mins after the news hit. Stop it. 

What? He's not retiring to extend a middle finger to the fanbase. 

Yeah I can't get into dragging the fans. The season starts in 2 weeks and they were at home watching their team playing when this insane news dropped. This reacting was expected and Luck can't be surprised it happened. It hurt but I doubt he shocked by it. I am sure he has a few teammates who are probably pissed too. 

That doesn't mean they don't wish him well.

Just now, Duluther said:

Disappointed Schefter didn’t voluntarily wait until tomorrow, if but for nothing to not go along with Jim Irsay... but it’s understanble.

From Schefter's point of view, not reporting it would make Irsay mad. So you have one source in Irsay who would feel burned, and the other party in Luck who is retiring and is a guy Schefter could burn.

No brainer situation professionally. Even though I agree that giving Irsay the finger would be great.

Just now, Heinz D. said:

What? He's not retiring to extend a middle finger to the fanbase. 

Ab wasnt crying about his helmet to get under fans skin. Trent William's ain't holding out to piss fans off. Zeke ain't doing it to piss in the fans cereal either. That doesnt matter. Fans are going to be mad. 

3 minutes ago, dante9876 said:

"SCREW YOU ANDREW YOU'RE OBLIGATED TO ENTERTAIN ME REGARDLESS OF CIRCUMSTANCE!!!!" 

Archived