Andrew Luck informs Colts he plans to retire

tab

Just now, BayRaider said:

How can you guys blame fans in the heat of the moment without putting yourself in their shoes? 

These fans looked forward all season as Super Bowl contenders, bought season tickets, bought $300 Luck jerseys, and all their money and aspirations gets sunk in the matter of seconds. A possible Super Bow Contending team may win 5-6 games. The roster is too good to even tank for a QB! Terrible predicament. 

Just like a player getting hurt, your entertainment experience isn't guaranteed to be an awesome thing. Maybe keep an arms length form sports because of circumstances like this. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DingoLadd said:

As a boomer I fully support Luck's retirement, I don't like the timing but it's his life. Anyone angry he chose his health/family over immaterial things needs to buy a mirror because you need to reflect on what you would do. 

Yea, it's his life so he made a decision, but that's a simple way to look at it.  Why?  Because his decision impacts tons of other people, too.  When you quit a week and a half before the season starts.... you literally didn't give the team any chance to replace you.  What about the other 52 guys in the locker room who look up to him, would do anything for him, etc.  He just decides to walk way.  Like you said, he can do whatever he wants, but people also have the right to be upset.  Everyone can understand why he did what he did, but the timing is really bad.  I get that 'he didn't know' and all that, but it's still horrific timing for everyone else besides Andrew Luck.

2 minutes ago, showtime said:

Saying that Andrew Luck is retiring because he's mentally drained and is focusing on his physical and mental health is great.  That's fantastic.  Everyone should wish him well in that respect.  But that's Luck's point of view.  When you make decisions in life, other people have their point of view as well.

The 53 guys in the locker room just lost their franchise QB on the brink of the season starting.  The fans just lost all hope.  While people can respect Luck's decision, it comes with ramifications for other people.

I'm not saying anyone is right or wrong, but I understand both sides of it.

His teammates now I agree that's different. They see him everyday and talk to him. If he's giving the get ready for wk 1 attitude thats wrong. They have the right to be pissed at him

2 minutes ago, Danger said:
53 minutes ago, Oregon Ducks said:

Mariota the best QB in the division again.

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAH 

dude ain't even the best QB on his team

With Blake Bortles gone, it's now certain that Mariota is the worst QB in the division.

Watson - Foles - Tannehill - Brissett - Henne - McCarron - Mariota.

That's pretty much written in stone...the Titans are a 13-3 team that Mariota manages down to a 9-7 record.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

Just like a player getting hurt, your entertainment experience isn't guaranteed to be an awesome thing. Maybe keep an arms length form sports because of circumstances like this. 

I’m sure these fans will change their tune but in the heat of the moment you have no idea how you would react. 

What if Steve Young retired before Week 1 of 1994? Your first reaction is going to be anger, frustration, and overall sick. After a few hours I’m sure you’ll appreciate Young. 

Luck should ‘t of been on the sidelines. This was a gut punch to fans. 

Edited by BayRaider

It really does seem like you need to be at least somewhat insane to succeed as an NFL QB for a prolonged period. Luck seems like a grounded and rational human being who would rather spend time living his life than obsessing monomaniacally over game film and his throwing technique.

• Like 4

Just now, BayRaider said:

I’m sure these fans will change their tune but in the heat of the moment you have no idea how you would react. 

What if Steve Young retired before Week 1 of 1994? You’re first reaction is going to be anger, frustration, and overall sick. After a few hours I’m sure you’ll appreciate Young. 

Luck should ‘t of been on the sidelines. This was a gut punch to fans. 

I would of course be disappointed. Would I boo him as he walked off the field? Absolutely not. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Did the Colts notify all the people that they're going to cut from the roster this week in advance? Just curious.

its almost like theres a difference. its why decent people give at least 2 week notice if you quit but theres no 2 week notice if being fired.

btw... luck should be able to retire without crap from others, but that was just an awful response by rams.

Edited by GSUeagles14